[ADW Mod] Sense-Like Launcher *UPDATED* ADW 1.2.0, Standalone

Search This thread

JAguirre1231

This is a little mod I did for @TeeJay3800 on Twitter (I believe it is the same for here on the forums), that tries to capture the look of the HTC Sense launcher.

Attached you will find a .zip. If you unzip you should be presented with:
Sources.zip
Launcher
-----SenseLauncherDonut.apk (Install if using Donut)
-----SenseLauncher.apk (Install if using 2.x)
Themes
-----SenseOld.apk (Screenshot below)
-----SenseHero.apk (Screenshot below)
-----Sense.apk (Pretty much a theme to add Sense Icons, screenshot below)

The only requirement for this is that you do NOT have the market version of ADW installed.

I think it goes without saying that regular ADW.Themes will NOT look correct with this modded launcher. However, included in the Sources.zip are the sources to my themes, I look forward to what you guys come up with.

Credits: Klinster, Anderwebs, HTC, TeeJay3800, Binary100100, Google, Cyanogen, Manup456, and I'm sure in some obscure way that I should thank Antoine Dodson.

r934zl.png

Last edited:

ebautista

Mar 31, 2008
Malabon
I like the taskbard/notification bar... where did you get it?

This is a little mod I did for @TeeJay3800 on Twitter (I believe it is the same for here on the forums), that tries to capture the look of the HTC Sense launcher.

As the title says, this is MDPI-only (as of right now, hope to get HDPI done when I have free time).

To use, download the .zip and extract. Inside you will find four items.

Install the Sense.apk (This is the theme that will give Sense icons, it is not required if you prefer whatever icons you are already using).

Install or push the ADWLauncher.apk. The way I've been doing it is by using

Code:
adb install -r /path/to/ADWLauncher.apk

or

adb push /path/to/ADWLauncher.apk /system/app/

However, a simple install from the phone /should/ just work.

With the adw_settings.xml and adb_backup.db, place them on the root of your sdcard and use ADW's Restore feature to import them (I'm sure there is an easier way, but I fail).

I think it goes without saying that regular ADW.Themes will NOT look correct with this modded launcher.

5l115f.png

AnderWeb

Jan 27, 2010
It won't open.
Also I'm getting fcs everywhere.
Your app deleted all my sms.
Add a 3D drawer please.
My sense widgets don't work.

BorisDDS

Aug 30, 2010
Hello I am a New to the World of Rooting.
I have rooted my HTC Evo successfuly and I would like to install the Sense Launcher.
Can you please give me a very detailed instructions?
Thank you.

JAguirre1231

Hello I am a New to the World of Rooting.
I have rooted my HTC Evo successfuly and I would like to install the Sense Launcher.
Can you please give me a very detailed instructions?
Thank you.

This won't work correctly with the Evo.

Does it actually act like sense? or is it just like a dock background with shortcuts

As close to Sense as possible. The far left button opens the app drawer, the middle button brings up phone and the far right button brings up ADWSettings (Because I lack the coding abilities to bring up the 'Add to Home Screen' dialog).

Other than the add button (now the settings button) and the scrolly bar on the dock bar, I haven't come across anything else that's not Sense-like.

enatefox

Jul 4, 2008
what's the deal with sense look-a-likes anyway? i played it once. then i analyzed the interface mechanics, deduced that the rest of the interface would be pretending the music player and nice lockscreen were there wasn't worth it and sat my phone down.

i hear there is something to do with getting middle school girls to lose it to you when they see a cool looking phone in later years? sounds hilarious and repetitive.

i guess i just don't understand being addicted to a impressing lil' honies.

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
So the only possible reason someone could prefer the Sense look is to impress underage girls? With that reasoning, I can already tell you're not someone worth discussing anything with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Attached you will find a .zip. If you unzip you should be presented with:
    Sources.zip
    Launcher
    -----SenseLauncherDonut.apk (Install if using Donut)
    -----SenseLauncher.apk (Install if using 2.x)
    Themes
    -----SenseOld.apk (Screenshot below)
    -----SenseHero.apk (Screenshot below)
    -----Sense.apk (Pretty much a theme to add Sense Icons, screenshot below)

The only requirement for this is that you do NOT have the market version of ADW installed.

I think it goes without saying that regular ADW.Themes will NOT look correct with this modded launcher. However, included in the Sources.zip are the sources to my themes, I look forward to what you guys come up with.

Credits: Klinster, Anderwebs, HTC, TeeJay3800, Binary100100, Google, Cyanogen, Manup456, and I'm sure in some obscure way that I should thank Antoine Dodson.

r934zl.png
    Really? I don't know how to do this :confused:

It's easy work.
    1. long press the screen
    2. choose the second one which names custom...
    3. press on the green bent arrow to change the icon with a transparent one.
    4. choose the app you want like dialer

after doing that, you will find a custom icon on the desktop ,than drag it on the dockbar which you want to replace.
    Whenever you can, please check your PM's.
    It works awesome so far. Installed fine and looks great in conjunction with the Addon-theme. One question though. What is the function of the button on the right in the dock? The one that, on the Desire HD, would take you to select a theme?
    Hi all xda fanatics ^^

Please could someone answer my noob questions :confused:

1. I had time this weekend and just figured out how to make those dock icons transparent. As being LP+ user myself, I'm starting to get used to the way ADW works. Anyway, I'm pretty much into it now.

My question is: Does long-press on the dock sides in the mod version brings up a preview screen like the default version? I know I can configure swipe up/down and so forth but I'm just curious if a native feature is still there.

2. Is it possible for both default ADW 1.2 and mod ADW 1.2 to co-exist? This is because I love them both: One for my DroidX theme and one for awesome Sense UI theme. I kind of like to long-press on dock sides to preview my 7 homescreens, which is in the default ver.

Any advice will be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance :p

Cheers,
    Ex-Symbian user, Android newbie ^^
    ZTE Blade 2.1
    i still can't first find sthe option
    update : i think that is "wallpaper hack "
    Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

55+ You are right. I got mixed up with Zeam launcher. Sorry about that.

Glad it has been sorted out.

Cheers,