[Q] Captivate won't enter download Mode

Search This thread

FunkyVenky

Feb 22, 2012
New Delhi, India
hey i'm venky from India and i've got At&t's Samsung Galaxy Captivate ( uff kitna bada naam hai :eek: )
it was loaded with 2.1 eclairs and network locked so tried to unlock it with a script (i forgot its name. i think its devoloped by xda devolopers) but it didn't worked for me.... Lemme tell you i'ma noob to Android
then thought flashing with a custom rom would help me so i did flashed it by following instuctions on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1350266 with Dark Knight ICS ROM after that it used to stuck on At&t's logo when i boot it up.
then i flashed it back to stock 2.1 (I897UCJF6-final-OCD-REV0.zip)
and voila it worked and my phone is working again :D
then i thought of using odin one click flash back to stock GingerBread and then i'll be able to use ICS ROM :p
but when try to put my phone into download mode the button combo wasn't working :( phone is working fine but its still locked what to do now i want it unlocked and ICS or GB on it :)
please please tell me in details as i am a noob to android :)
plz plz plz.....

holeindalip

Dec 27, 2010
central Il
You flashed back to stock eclair and lost your button combo from the eclair bootloaders,you need to find the 3 button fix zip fix And flash through recovery. This will be the only time you will need to do this,unless you flash the stock eclair package again, so dont flash an eclair package again....i would reccomend flashing a gingerbread package with bootloaders and never mess with a package with bootloaders again. Once on gingerbread bootloaders DO NOT EVER FLASH THE THREE BUTTON FIX EVER,I REPEAT DO NOT EVER FLASH THE THREE BUTTON FIX OVER GINGERBREAD BOOTLOADERS,THIS WILL CAUSE A MIX MATCH GINGERBREAD PRIMARY BOOTLOADER AND AN ECLAIR SECONDARY BOOTLOADER AND WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE PERMENATELY!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

Reactions: FunkyVenky

FunkyVenky

Feb 22, 2012
New Delhi, India
You flashed back to stock eclair and lost your button combo from the eclair bootloaders,you need to find the 3 button fix zip fix And flash through recovery..............

i can't even enter into Recovery Mode :eek:
during flashing i flashed i897_GB_BL.zip (Pda.tar.md5) and speedmod-kernel-i897-k13e-500hz.tar with odin
did i done something wrong ? :eek:
if i go into download mode via adb shell command and flash w/ 'i897uckk4_Odin_One_Click_CONTAINS_Bootloaders_Re-partition_Full_Wipe.zip' will it enable button combos for dl mode and recovery mode ?
Sorry for asking so many questions i'm totally noob :(

holeindalip

Dec 27, 2010
central Il
What button combos are you trying to use to get into recovery and download modes?

jmtheiss

May 16, 2008
None
You may want to take a look at the "Captivate Connection Issues" thread. It has information on pretty much every way you can get to download mode.

If none of those work, post back and we'll see if we can help you out.

Last edited:
Reactions: anandsamuel

FunkyVenky

Feb 22, 2012
New Delhi, India
i used a Jig (home made) to force my cappy into download mode and flashed using Odin 1click back to stock ginger bread (which contains bootloaders and kernels)
now my cappy is on official GB and 3 button combos are working again....
How can i get ICS on it plz suggest me a good ROM and a guide to install it (the ROM must be COUNTRY unlocked, Rooted, and Stable on Captivate)

kevnuke

Sep 9, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
I think it's just the SIM that needs to be unlocked. The ROM has nothing to do with that. I'm on cyanogen mod 9 and it's been pretty stable so far. There are three other popular ICS ROMs to my knowledge. Dark Knight 4, WeUI and Elite 10.1

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You flashed back to stock eclair and lost your button combo from the eclair bootloaders,you need to find the 3 button fix zip fix And flash through recovery. This will be the only time you will need to do this,unless you flash the stock eclair package again, so dont flash an eclair package again....i would reccomend flashing a gingerbread package with bootloaders and never mess with a package with bootloaders again. Once on gingerbread bootloaders DO NOT EVER FLASH THE THREE BUTTON FIX EVER,I REPEAT DO NOT EVER FLASH THE THREE BUTTON FIX OVER GINGERBREAD BOOTLOADERS,THIS WILL CAUSE A MIX MATCH GINGERBREAD PRIMARY BOOTLOADER AND AN ECLAIR SECONDARY BOOTLOADER AND WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE PERMENATELY!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

You may want to take a look at the "Captivate Connection Issues" thread. It has information on pretty much every way you can get to download mode.

If none of those work, post back and we'll see if we can help you out.
    Get on cyanogenmod 7 and then you can flash over to the ICS ROM's.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium