Asus Confirmes Audio Dock

Search This thread

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
whaaaaat? this tab has pogo pins? cool

Perhaps with it having 4 pins it will allow for data to transfer with it (unlike the nexus with it only having 3 pins).

Last edited:

pache711

Jul 3, 2012
Micro USB to HDMI Cable Included.

Looks like it's going to be just an audio dock, connects through the pogo pins. Good since the single speaker would kinda suck.

no word on HDMI/MHL but i don't think those can work through the pogo pins anyway.

If you go to the ifixit tear down the have a picture of an included micro usb to HDMI cable. I would link it but the ifixit site is down....

Souai

Jun 28, 2011
Adelaide
If you go to the ifixit tear down the have a picture of an included micro usb to HDMI cable. I would link it but the ifixit site is down....

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nexus-7-Teardown/9623/2

contrary to popular belief, the asus nexus 7 actually has TWO speakers/drivers. its shown in the first pic. theyre closer together compared to in the memo 370t, but there are two.

i havent seen how theyre hooked up, but theyre either in two channel mode or in single channel mode. chances are that theyre in single channel mode. even if it were in dual channel mode, theyre so close together it wouldnt even matter, it would sound like a nearfield setup.

FrayAdjacent

Dec 22, 2010
Austin Texas
What with there being FOUR pogo pins, I hope it is just a straight up USB type connection. That would make it pretty damn easy to make docks with USB connections for peripherals or whatever external storage may end up working with the device.

Can't wait to get my N7!

Top Liked Posts