** Remove The Locked & Hidden APNS & Tethering T-Mobile APN's! - New Updated XML **

Search This thread

WarlockW

Dec 30, 2007
Minnesota
** Remove The Locked & Hidden APNS & Tethering T-Mobile APN's! - New Updated XML **

Here is How You Can Remove The Locked & Hidden APNS & Tethering T-Mobile APN's ..

THIS IS FOR T_MOBILE USERS ONLY!

THIS WILL DELETE ALL APNS!

This Does NOT UN_LOCK The APN'S! - :(
However Does Delete The Hidden APNS - Like The Tethering APN.
Then Adds The New "Locked" APN I Edited! :)

OK ? GOT IT? ( God I Hope So! )
Always a good Idea to make a CWM OR TWRP FULL BACKUP FIRST!

YOU MUST INSTALL APN BACKUP & RESTORE AS A SYSTEM APP !
YOU MUST HAVE ROOT !
YOU MUST HAVE A INSECURE BOOT.IMG WITH ADB SUPPORT !
YOU MUST HAVE TITANIUM BACKUP PRO ! OR ANDROID COMMANDER !
YOU MUST HAVE MY EDITED T-MOBILE-APN.XML !!
NEW XML: type="default,supl,admin,mms,hipri,dun"

See My Kernel Thread for Insecure Kernels : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1958124

----------------------------------

IF THINGS GO HORRIBLY WRONG ..

1. DON'T PANIC !
2. RESTORE YOUR APNS USING: APN BACKUP & RESTORE !
3. RESTORE USING YOUR CWM OR TWRP FULL BACKUP !

-----------------------------------

Here is How You Can Remove The Locked & Hidden APNS & Tethering T-Mobile APN's ..

1. First Make a Dir Called: APN - On your Desktop
2. Download Needed-Files.zip To The APN Dir!
3. Extract Files In to the APN Dir.
4. Pick Installation 1 OR 2

Installation 1.
Convert APN Backup to a System app using Titanium Backup on a rooted phone.

Instructions:

- Goto Market And Install APN BACKUP & Restore - Run it Once. - ( Ignore warring on open! )
- Close APN BACKUP & Restore
- Open Titanium Backup
- Go to backup/restore tab
- Find APN Backup & Restore on the list
- Long press on the app when you find it
- Select Convert to system app

Now ..

- Open APN Backup & Restore
- Click menu and disable ICS check
- Close program and re-open it. - ( No More Warring! )
- Choose: Backup APN's! - ( This Will make a backup! )
- Close APN Backup & Restore
- Plug in USB Cable
- Goto your Phone Strorage Card and find the DIR: ApnBackupRestore
- Copy the T-Mobile-APN.xml you Downloaded to the dir: ApnBackupRestore
- Now Open APN Backup & Restore
- And pick Delete APN's - ( Not Delete Backup Files! LOL )
- Now Pick Restore APS's
- A List Comes Up .. Pick T-Mobile-APN.xml !!!
- Let it restore .. Close APN Backup.
- Reboot! You Should Be Good To GO!

OR ..

Installation 2.
You can install APN Backup as a System app using Android Commander on a rooted phone.

Instructions:

- Get Android Commander: http://androidcommander.com/?file_id=15
- Once AC is Installed ..
- Connect Phone With USB Cable
- Open AC And make sure you have root access
- ( You will see in the Bottom left corner ( ROOT ) )
- ( You will see in the Upper RIGHT Corner TWO TABS - Android Files and Application Manager !!! )
- If You DO NOT SEE THIS .. You Will Have To Install a New Kernel!
- Stop Here and Install a Insecure Kernel!

- If You Do See It .. Continue On ..
- Click Tab That Says: Application Manager
- Now Click Button Called: ( Install )
- A Window Will Open .. Find The APN Dir You made On Your Desktop! ( Not The File ) you Downloaded
- Click / Highlight The APN Dir. - Click OK
- A Window Will Open .. DOUBLE CLICK : APN Backup & Restore_v1.91
- Click The Button: Install
- A Window Will Open .. Click: ( Install as System App )
- Now Click: OK
- APN Backup Will Install
- It May Ask you to update your App List .. Its OK You Can!
- Done! Close Android Commander.

Now ..

- Plug in USB Cable
- Now Pick Restore APS's

Check To See If it worked ..

- It Should Say After Backup 1 of 1 ! ( This Means It Worked ! )

--------------------------------------

Congrads! You Should Be-able to Tether Using an app like: WIFI Tether From App Store!
Worked For me ! Click The Darn Thanks Button For God Sakes If It Works For You!

Other Interesting Info ...

shnn2011 ..
Many people have reported to me that their tethering no longer works even after killing the tethering manager.
Many have asked me to look into this, here are my findings..
It seems that T-Mobile has implemented a new hidden APN in their ROMs. When you activate tethering, your connected devices seem to be routed through a different APN than your phone uses which is where the block is, if you have not paid the tax.The answer:A. For users:Create a new APN name called "Tethering" and copy the information from your T-Mobile APN to it. There is no need to activate this APN. Immediately after doing so you should regain your full connection. Tested on a SGH-T989 (T-Mobile SGS 2) and reported to work.*B. Mostly for ROM authors:Edit the appropriate configuration files and change all APNs (usually "epc.pcweb.com") to "epc.tmobile.com" or any other working APN such as MVNO APNs ("simple" . . .)All test reports submitted to me report this is working and that my theory was accurate.

Install: Google Chrome
Install Chrome Extension: Ultimate User Agent Switcher, URL sniffer
Look For Red Circle - By Settings.
Click Red Circle and Check: Activate Now!
Pick User Agent You want .. May Have to try a few.

Or Add One of these .. Into Ultimate User Agent Switcher

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.2; en-us) Galaxy Nexus Build ICL53F AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, Gecko Version 4.0) Mobile Safari
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3; en-us) AppleWebKit/999+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/999.9
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.34 Safari/534.24

Originally Posted by datafoo

Source file:
system/csc/customer.xml

Modify the following:
<Editable>yes</Editable> (from no)

<APN>epc.tmobile.com</APN> (from pcweb.tmobile.com)

<Profile>
<NetworkName>T-Mobile</NetworkName>
<Editable>yes</Editable>
<EnableStatus>enable</EnableStatus>
<ProfileName>T-Mobile Tethering</ProfileName>
<Auth>none</Auth>
<Bearer>ps</Bearer>
<Protocol>http</Protocol>
<Proxy>
<EnableFlag>off</EnableFlag>
</Proxy>
<PSparam>
<APN>epc.tmobile.com</APN>
</PSparam>
</Profile>

Modify your customer.xml and feature.xml

delete this line from feature.xml (this hides the APNs from view)
<CscFeature_Setting_HideApnList>pcweb.tmobile.co m</CscFeature_Setting_HideApnList>

change customer.xml as above.

My testing says at first boot these are hard coded to the system. I'm not able to get settings to stick post boot. Change these before flashing your rom and it should be permanent.

This changes routing overall, its permanent and even though you get an error in settings works fine if you toggle from the taskbar.

I am an unlimited 4G subscriber and I got tethering to work on v36.

I used the APN settings referenced here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32763688&postcount=1875
And saved the new APN. When you save the APN, the other necessary info is populated in the newly-created APN. Then, I went back into my new APN and added ",dun" to the end of the APN Type section. I then saved the APN again, selected it, and rebooted. Once the phone booted back up, I started tethering via the toggle and it worked. I'm currently watching Netflix on the Xbox and typing this on my laptop using tethering

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-29-22-12-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-29-22-12-37.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 9,401
  • Needed-Files.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 7,964
Last edited:

WarlockW

Dec 30, 2007
Minnesota
Does this work for JB also ? just asking cuz this will be one of the first thing I am sure people will ask. Thank you for posting this, I don't tether but the threads are always flooded with people asking this. Thanx

Hmmmm No Idea LOL
I am Using .. UVALJ4 Should Work On: UVALH2 - UVALJ4

I do not see why It wouldn't ..
If Someone wants to test it for me ..
Same Setup as Instructed .. Lets Hope It Does!

I also Can Make New APN's For Other Carriers If they Need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: clninja

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
interesting. I had pretty much given up on using Wifi tether on stock

I switched to CM10 a while ago.. but I may just restore my backup to test this.

evercleardoc

Jun 11, 2011
Still getting the upsell. Is this supposed to remove the upsell page?
I was able to tether on ICS with wifi tether or svtp before; I only had to change the UA string with the browser or use a VPN on the computer to route the data.
This really didn't do anything different for me.

confirmed !! it works on my note 2 on t mobile thank u !!!!! :good:

I tried this on Frosty JB. My tablet sees my phone's conenction but can't connect to it. Very strange

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I tried this on Frosty JB. My tablet sees my phone's conenction but can't connect to it. Very strange
Ok I was able to connect using an open network instead of secured, but I got the stupid upsell page too. Damn T-Mobile...

ergibson83

Jun 6, 2010
Chicago
I can confirm this works on Wildchild's Xquizit ROM v36.

Until now, all the APN change suggestions floating around did not work for me. I was always able to connect to the hotspot, but I would get the T-Mobile error page.

This fix DOES WORK! I followed the steps for Option 1 install and I am currently sending this message from my laptop tethering off of my mobile hotspot. I had almost given up hope on tethering.

Is it ok for me to have Wild include this fix into his ROM?

Thank you for this fix!

*EDIT* If you port this fix into the ROM or if anyone applies the fix manually, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT ATTEMPT to enable hotspot via the settings menu. This will overwrite the changes the fix made to your APN settings and you will get the Tmobile error page again. If this happens, just rerun the delete APN option APN Backup and Restore and then restore the APN fix file again, reboot and you should be good to go. Only enable hotspot via Wanam's hotspot toggle!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zachariah_Apo

datafoo

May 11, 2010
BTW this works regardless of kernal, stock or custom.

You must be a tmobile based tw rom.

datafoo said:
Source file:
system/csc/customer.xml

Modify the following:

<Profile>
<Editable>yes</Editable>
<Auth>none</Auth>
<Bearer>ps</Bearer>
<Proxy>
</Proxy>
<PSparam>
</PSparam>
</Profile>

<CscFeature_Setting_HideApnList>pcweb.tmobile.com</CscFeature_Setting_HideApnList>

My testing says at first boot these are hard coded to the system. I'm not able to get settings to stick post boot. Change these before flashing your rom and it should be permanent.

This changes routing overall, its permanent and even though you get an error in settings works fine if you toggle from the taskbar.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I don't see how this works because as long as you are connected to T-Mobile service you are using THEIR data servers and unless you edit their programming on their servers to not sniff for the UA there is no special apn that is connected to T-Mobile which will bypass the sniffing. You can however use a VPN to encrypt your data packets.

For those who "claim" to have it working, you most likely are not on the truly unlimited plan or have not been blocked yet.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: KingDavid63

tw39515

Oct 14, 2006
HTC Leo
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III
I don't see how this works because as long as you are connected to T-Mobile service you are using THEIR data servers and unless you edit their programming on their servers to not sniff for the UA there is no special apn that is connected to T-Mobile which will bypass the sniffing. You can however use a VPN to encrypt your data packets.

For those who "claim" to have it working, you most likely are not on the truly unlimited plan or have not been blocked yet.

correct im on an old mytouch data plan and it wouldnt work before the apn changes. but yes ive never been caught either.

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
FWIW, I performed installation option 1 on my Tmo Note II to no avail. Wifi Tether does not work, built in hotspot does not work. I have been caught before and am now on the unlimited data package.

datafoo

May 11, 2010
It's a routing hack, plain and simple.

I can confirm this works on Wildchild's Xquizit ROM v36.

Until now, all the APN change suggestions floating around did not work for me. I was always able to connect to the hotspot, but I would get the T-Mobile error page.

This fix DOES WORK! I followed the steps for Option 1 install and I am currently sending this message from my laptop tethering off of my mobile hotspot. I had almost given up hope on tethering.

Is it ok for me to have Wild include this fix into his ROM?

Thank you for this fix!

*EDIT* If you port this fix into the ROM or if anyone applies the fix manually, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT ATTEMPT to enable hotspot via the settings menu. This will overwrite the changes the fix made to your APN settings and you will get the Tmobile error page again. If this happens, just rerun the delete APN option APN Backup and Restore and then restore the APN fix file again, reboot and you should be good to go. Only enable hotspot via Wanam's hotspot toggle!!

BTW WildChild has added the hack I posted into his rom and we've fully got tethering working.

I posted more detailed instructions here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33452688&postcount=2450

And further sent him this tonight to cleanup and make it easier:

datafoo said:
Couple quick things:

I've cleaned up the hack a bit. We can eliminate the pop-up error and make it simpler, eliminate some confusion.

In all cases tethering must be activated from the taskbar, modifications are made from within settings.

1. delete TetheringProvisioning.apk from the builds. I decompiled it and its not critical, it in fact causes the pop-up errors.

2. Add back:
Feature.xml
<CscFeature_Setting_HideApnList>epc.tmobile.com</CscFeature_Setting_HideApnList>

This will hide the new apn that's added each time you activate tethering. it neither enables or disables it.

3. Add back:
customer.xml

but with the original changes I made. This will make sure tethering routes through epc.tmobile.com. This file actually hard codes which gateway services use.

<Connections>
<NbProfileHandle>1</NbProfileHandle>
<ProfileHandle>
<NbNetProfile>2</NbNetProfile>
<ProfBrowser>T-Mobile US</ProfBrowser>
<ProfMMS>T-Mobile MMS</ProfMMS>
<ProfIntSharing>T-Mobile Tethering</ProfIntSharing>
</ProfileHandle>
<NbProfile>3</NbProfile>
<Profile>
<Editable>no</Editable>
<ProfileName>T-Mobile US</ProfileName>
<Auth>none</Auth>
<Bearer>ps</Bearer>
<Proxy>
</Proxy>
<PSparam>
</PSparam>
</Profile>
<Profile>
<Editable>no</Editable>
<ProfileName>T-Mobile MMS</ProfileName>
<URL>http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc</URL>
<Auth>none</Auth>
<Proxy>
</Proxy>
<PSparam>
</PSparam>
</Profile>
<Profile>
<Editable>no</Editable>
<Auth>none</Auth>
<Bearer>ps</Bearer>
<Proxy>
</Proxy>
<PSparam>
</PSparam>
</Profile>
</Connections>

it's actually pretty simple. Let me help you understand. It involves 'routing'.

The default gateway that they try to enforce for tethering is pcweb.tmobile.com. As long as you are routed through that gateway they control tethering. If you change the default routing to epc.tmobile.com it's the same gateway all normal internet traffic is routed and they have no direct idea it's anything other than normal data traffic.

They will indeed still sniff the IE UA string but that's a simple fix both in IE by changing the UA string and or if you use Firefox, Chrome or any other browser which does not send the IE UA.

I'm hard blocked on T-Mobile with the 4G Unlimited plan. I've recieved the hard block push messages and verified it's blocked on my account.

For best results you should also remove 'TetheringProvision.apk'. I decompiled it and it's only there to re-add the pcweb route and pop the error if you dont have tethering on your plan. the customer.xml doc is the hard setting for the routing of GPS, MMS, Tethering and basic Web.

I've personally torn it down and tested it. It works. It's the same basic process we use on HTC.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Notes on my experince

Did method one here:
- I couldn't get TB or Rom Toolbox to convert the app to a system app, and Android Commander wouldn't see root even though I have root and an insecure kernel via debloated stock. I ended up copying the app to the system apps folder using Rom Toolbox Root Browser. This worked fine to move it.

- To "close" the app I had to go into settings and foce close it. Works every time.

I installed the "Tethering Widget" from the play store.

Update: Nope, started getting the webpages and such. Seems the tether stopped working.
BASTARDS!

(Note 2 - T889)

Last edited:

yuugotserved

Mar 17, 2009
It looks like Tmobile caught on. I was able to get 1-2 hours today on laptop until I was redirected to their hot spots page. So.... Is it all gone now?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: i_c6248

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This Does NOT UN_LOCK The APN'S! - :(
    However Does Delete The Hidden APNS - Like The Tethering APN.
    Then Adds The New "Locked" APN I Edited! :)

OK ? GOT IT? ( God I Hope So! )
    Always a good Idea to make a CWM OR TWRP FULL BACKUP FIRST!

YOU MUST INSTALL APN BACKUP & RESTORE AS A SYSTEM APP !
    YOU MUST HAVE ROOT !
    YOU MUST HAVE A INSECURE BOOT.IMG WITH ADB SUPPORT !
    YOU MUST HAVE TITANIUM BACKUP PRO ! OR ANDROID COMMANDER !
    YOU MUST HAVE MY EDITED T-MOBILE-APN.XML !!
    NEW XML: type="default,supl,admin,mms,hipri,dun"

See My Kernel Thread for Insecure Kernels : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1958124

----------------------------------

IF THINGS GO HORRIBLY WRONG ..

1. DON'T PANIC !
    2. RESTORE YOUR APNS USING: APN BACKUP & RESTORE !
    3. RESTORE USING YOUR CWM OR TWRP FULL BACKUP !

-----------------------------------

1. First Make a Dir Called: APN - On your Desktop
    2. Download Needed-Files.zip To The APN Dir!
    3. Extract Files In to the APN Dir.
    4. Pick Installation 1 OR 2

Installation 1.
    Convert APN Backup to a System app using Titanium Backup on a rooted phone.

Instructions:

- Goto Market And Install APN BACKUP & Restore - Run it Once. - ( Ignore warring on open! )
    - Close APN BACKUP & Restore
    - Open Titanium Backup
    - Go to backup/restore tab
    - Find APN Backup & Restore on the list
    - Long press on the app when you find it
    - Select Convert to system app

Now ..

- Plug in USB Cable
    - Now Pick Restore APS's

OR ..

Installation 2.
    You can install APN Backup as a System app using Android Commander on a rooted phone.

Instructions:

- Get Android Commander: http://androidcommander.com/?file_id=15
    - Once AC is Installed ..
    - Connect Phone With USB Cable
    - Open AC And make sure you have root access
    - ( You will see in the Bottom left corner ( ROOT ) )
    - ( You will see in the Upper RIGHT Corner TWO TABS - Android Files and Application Manager !!! )
    - If You DO NOT SEE THIS .. You Will Have To Install a New Kernel!
    - Stop Here and Install a Insecure Kernel!

- If You Do See It .. Continue On ..
    - Click Tab That Says: Application Manager
    - Now Click Button Called: ( Install )
    - A Window Will Open .. Find The APN Dir You made On Your Desktop! ( Not The File ) you Downloaded
    - Click / Highlight The APN Dir. - Click OK
    - A Window Will Open .. DOUBLE CLICK : APN Backup & Restore_v1.91
    - Click The Button: Install
    - A Window Will Open .. Click: ( Install as System App )
    - Now Click: OK
    - APN Backup Will Install
    - It May Ask you to update your App List .. Its OK You Can!
    - Done! Close Android Commander.

Now ..

- Plug in USB Cable
    - Now Pick Restore APS's

Check To See If it worked ..

- It Should Say After Backup 1 of 1 ! ( This Means It Worked ! )

Congrads! You Should Be-able to Tether Using an app like: WIFI Tether From App Store!
    Worked For me ! Click The Darn Thanks Button For God Sakes If It Works For You!

Other Interesting Info ...

shnn2011 ..
    Many people have reported to me that their tethering no longer works even after killing the tethering manager.
    Many have asked me to look into this, here are my findings..
    It seems that T-Mobile has implemented a new hidden APN in their ROMs. When you activate tethering, your connected devices seem to be routed through a different APN than your phone uses which is where the block is, if you have not paid the tax.The answer:A. For users:Create a new APN name called "Tethering" and copy the information from your T-Mobile APN to it. There is no need to activate this APN. Immediately after doing so you should regain your full connection. Tested on a SGH-T989 (T-Mobile SGS 2) and reported to work.*B. Mostly for ROM authors:Edit the appropriate configuration files and change all APNs (usually "epc.pcweb.com") to "epc.tmobile.com" or any other working APN such as MVNO APNs ("simple" . . .)All test reports submitted to me report this is working and that my theory was accurate.

Install: Google Chrome
    Install Chrome Extension: Ultimate User Agent Switcher, URL sniffer
    Look For Red Circle - By Settings.
    Click Red Circle and Check: Activate Now!
    Pick User Agent You want .. May Have to try a few.

Or Add One of these .. Into Ultimate User Agent Switcher

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.2; en-us) Galaxy Nexus Build ICL53F AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, Gecko Version 4.0) Mobile Safari
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3; en-us) AppleWebKit/999+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/999.9
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.34 Safari/534.24

Originally Posted by datafoo

Source file:
    system/csc/customer.xml

Modify the following:

<Profile>
    <Editable>yes</Editable>
    <Auth>none</Auth>
    <Bearer>ps</Bearer>
    <Proxy>
    </Proxy>
    <PSparam>
    </PSparam>
    </Profile>

<CscFeature_Setting_HideApnList>pcweb.tmobile.co m</CscFeature_Setting_HideApnList>

I am an unlimited 4G subscriber and I got tethering to work on v36.

I used the APN settings referenced here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32763688&postcount=1875
    And saved the new APN. When you save the APN, the other necessary info is populated in the newly-created APN. Then, I went back into my new APN and added ",dun" to the end of the APN Type section. I then saved the APN again, selected it, and rebooted. Once the phone booted back up, I started tethering via the toggle and it worked. I'm currently watching Netflix on the Xbox and typing this on my laptop using tethering
    Found a solution to tmobiles stupid user agent sniffer .

Steps:

1. Get TrevE Mod tether app
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34037922
    (you will not get a internet connection using any other tether app while using the VPN app)

2. Get Hotspot Shield VPN
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...id.vpn&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd
    (was mentioned in earlier post but couldn't get it to work)

3. Start Hotspot Shield VPN and connect

4. Start TrevE Mod Tether app

Problems?
    Hotspot Shield does not connect or you get error 1028?

Get Tun.Ko from market and install it
    Repeat step 3 and 4
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hZWQudHVuLmluc3RhbGxlciJd

I am using Chrome with no user agent switcher and no longer get errors when trying to play youtube videos

Please hit the Thanks Button
    confirmed !! it works on my note 2 on t mobile thank u !!!!! :good:

For Galaxy Note 2, here are the proper instructions from start to finish.
    Please let me know if I missed anything

Steps to take:

01. Have a T-Mobile T889 Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    02. Download these files: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1446771&d=1351716949
    03. Extract files to folder on Desktop
    04. Root your T-Mobile T889 Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    05. Once rooted, make a COMPLETE backup using CWM or Titanium Backup (I did BOTH just in case, I like to be double sure I have a backup)
    06. Once backed up, go to Google Play Market and download "APN Backup & Restore"
    07. Once installed, open APN Backup & Restore and press on "OK" on the warning message that comes up
    08. Close APN Backup & Restore (from task manager too, just in case)
    09. Open Titanium Backup and press on Backup/Restore
    10. Find the application "APN Backup & Restore" and long press with your finger on it
    11. Once menu comes up, press on "Convert to System App"
    12. Once done, close Titanium Backup (from task manager too, just in case)
    13. Open APN Backup & Restore and press on "OK" on the warning Message that comes up
    14. Press on the menu button on the phone and press on "Disable ICS Check"
    15. Close APN Backup & Restore (from task manager too, just in case)
    16. Open APN Backup & Restore and press on "Backup APNs"
    17. Select a name or leave the one in there
    18. Once backed up, close APN Backup & Restore (from task manager too, just in case)
    19. Connect your phone to your computer
    20. Once connected, navigate to your phone drive in My Computer and go to "Phone > ApnBackupRestore" > Copy the created XML file to your computer (once again, just in case)
    21. While still in the "Phone > ApnBackupRestore" folder copy/cut/paste the "T-Mobile-APN.xml" file to that folder
    22. Once the file has been copied to the "Phone > ApnBackupRestore" folder, open up APN Backup & Restore application on your phone
    23. Once open, press on "Delete APNs" and press "Yes"
    24. Once deleted, press on "Restore APNs" and select the T-Mobile-APN.xml (the one we originally copies from the zip folder that needed to be downloaded/extracted to a folder on your Desktop, and press "OK"
    25. It will then restore the newly modified APN file
    26. Close APN Backup & Restore (from task manager too, just in case)
    27. Go to Google Play Market and download "Tethering Widget"
    28. Once installed, go to the APPS icon on your phone and select Widgets tab on top and drag the Tethering Widget to a new page
    29. You should now be able to successfully enable native tethering via the Widget
    30. MISSION COMPLETE :)

*NOTE: DO NOT GO INTO THE ACTUAL T-MOBILE HOTSPOT APPLICATION AS IT WILL OVERWRITE THE APNS AND TETHERING WILL NO LONGER WORK. IF THAT HAPPENS, REPEAT STEPS 23-30.

Please let me know if I have missed anything. Alot of these steps are self explanitory but I have had issues with this the past day, but I finally got it to work so I wanted to share every step in an ultra-easy fashion :)
    Hmmm .. works for me .. No UA Change.

May have to change UA string with the browser.
    If you been banned already :(

IDK .. That Sucks ..

facepalm-cat.jpg.pagespeed.ce.dVVWizI05i.jpg
    I just don't understand how this mod works flawlessly for some and not at all for others,

Give this a try ..
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1988735

With these settings ..

Downloaded SuperSU
    Device Profile: Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
    Setup Method: Netd-Ndc (master)
    Fallback Tether Mode: Not checked
    Send Netdndc Max Client Cmd: Check mark on
    No Wi-Fi Encryption (I haven't tried it with the encryption on yet)
    MSS clamping: Check mark on
    Routing fix: Check mark on