[ROOT/ROM/DEV] Korean Galaxy Note Development and Support sharing

Search This thread

ryn888

Mar 29, 2011
Manila, PH
is it an anti-theft feature?
ive heard that from my office mate, he has it on note 2, that would be a great add-on feature:)

well i know one bug from this rom.. try to send more than 160 characters of sms, youl find your phone sending the sms, after that it will lose signal and will prompt that message will be sent again next time, although the sms was already sent, this will repeat infinitely making the recipient recieve the same message.. my sister was very annoyed when i tested this one on her phone making her receving the sms over & over again maybe 30 times:)
it will just stop sending when youre going to delete the sent sms on the bubble..

Sent from my SHV-E160L using xda app-developers app

Fck!!! I just bought kaspersky mobile for anti theft features.

Sent from my SHV-E160L using Tapatalk 2

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
ankther thing i noticed.. on settings/more settings/mobile networks/data network mode
you cant chane the mode to 3G only which is preferably favorable to me because onlyb3G is availabe on our area, instead it is defaulted to LTE prefered..and, i dont have data signals as of the moment:mad:

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Fck!!! I just bought kaspersky mobile for anti theft features.

Sorry, I should have reported that gem sooner, i've been sitting on releasing that info.

For all S /K models owners who are into the dev side of things the jellybean kernel source is online at Samsung Open Source Center

No L models source sadly, I cannot understand why. it's annoying as i cant do the kernel tweaks (where the real speed is gained)

*** Edit ***
it seem i have misunderstood the naming conventions

SHV-E160 S / K is using MB1 sources
SHV -E160L is using MB2 sources

Kernel For L model Found. SHV-E160L MB2

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
Sorry, I should have reported that gem sooner, i've been sitting on releasing that info.

For all S /K models owners who are into the dev side of things the jellybean kernel source is online at Samsung Open Source Center

No L models source sadly, I cannot understand why. it's annoying as i cant do the kernel tweaks (where the real speed is gained)

*** Edit ***
it seem i have misunderstood the naming conventions

SHV-E160 S / K is using MB1 sources
SHV -E160L is using MB2 sources

Kernel For L model Found. SHV-E160L MB2

why is it that the L is always late when it comes to releases? i remember when the leak JB was out, it was the S/K that came out first and the L a few days after.. damn...

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
why is it that the L is always late when it comes to releases? i remember when the leak JB was out, it was the S/K that came out first and the L a few days after.. damn...

But as a bonus we are running newer f/w, mb2 , but that's only on base band, amss/application firmware is still mb1.

On another note I have found a flaw in the findmyphone setup, it looks like it need to register in Korea to actually work, to be clear it needs Samsung apps to activate online and that throws a error. Just adding account to system/accounts/samsung, does not activate, I would like to dig further but I have made the choice to work on the kernel for now, as I mentioned that is where the real speed gains will be, IMHO.
I have a nice clean base ROM setup now. Its debloated, SMS fixed without major patching so it works with 160 plus text on my network. New dialer and calendar for English, everything retains factory layouts, xda and whatsapp included, all apps running latest versions, on a fresh install its fast. No jitter
But this is only my base , its a clean starting point of stability where all the basics work great without complications.
Also as small as possible too.
My next steps are to do a diff between that and the kies file to make it even smaller by only including the patches, leave out the unchanged files. So far most of my time has been learning, flash , restores fix reflash. Translate Korean.
Anyways, the is progress towards the base ROM this week.
Remember its sole purpose is to be as clean as possible, then I will build on top of that, I already have great working 'feature' full ROMs but I will first release the patch to fix the issues and size of the mb2 fw.

sent from the Darkspr1te's lair

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
But as a bonus we are running newer f/w, mb2 , but that's only on base band, amss/application firmware is still mb1.

On another note I have found a flaw in the findmyphone setup, it looks like it need to register in Korea to actually work, to be clear it needs Samsung apps to activate online and that throws a error. Just adding account to system/accounts/samsung, does not activate, I would like to dig further but I have made the choice to work on the kernel for now, as I mentioned that is where the real speed gains will be, IMHO.
I have a nice clean base ROM setup now. Its debloated, SMS fixed without major patching so it works with 160 plus text on my network. New dialer and calendar for English, everything retains factory layouts, xda and whatsapp included, all apps running latest versions, on a fresh install its fast. No jitter
But this is only my base , its a clean starting point of stability where all the basics work great without complications.
Also as small as possible too.
My next steps are to do a diff between that and the kies file to make it even smaller by only including the patches, leave out the unchanged files. So far most of my time has been learning, flash , restores fix reflash. Translate Korean.
Anyways, the is progress towards the base ROM this week.
Remember its sole purpose is to be as clean as possible, then I will build on top of that, I already have great working 'feature' full ROMs but I will first release the patch to fix the issues and size of the mb2 fw.

i got a chance to scan the Note II of my officemate today.. i found out the he recently just updated firmware.. id discovered that his Note II's build is also MB2..does this mean something? i hope we can have that patch this week:)

fraddy

Sep 4, 2008
petah tiqwa
GPS problem

SFV-E160L. 4.1.2 rooted.
GPS module not working - GPS Test shows up to 15 gray satellites but can not detect position - all satellites gray.
Tried to reset GPS module using ##GPSCLRX# ( ##4772579# ) from internal dialer - no reaction even not recognize this code.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
SFV-E160L. 4.1.2 rooted.
GPS module not working - GPS Test shows up to 15 gray satellites but can not detect position - all satellites gray.
Tried to reset GPS module using ##GPSCLRX# ( ##4772579# ) from internal dialer - no reaction even not recognize this code.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Some modded firmware from koxda is actuallt for S/K patched to work on L. For those firmware its removed all of the L dialler functions

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Some modded firmware from koxda is actuallt for S/K patched to work on L. For those firmware its removed all of the L dialler functions

1) Can I replace only dialer module? If yes from where?
2) If not - can you advise exactly which firmware I can flash to use this code?
TNX.

There are dozens of files the need to be replaced for the dialer functions sadly.
you can goto stock files to get access to the gps clear.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

i got a chance to scan the Note II of my officemate today.. i found out the he recently just updated firmware.. id discovered that his Note II's build is also MB2..does this mean something? i hope we can have that patch this week:)

Any idea what CPU the note 2 was running ?

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
i dont know the cpu hardware but the model was arm7..
i dont know how to find the hardware since he dosnt have a benchmark app like antutu..

btw..i tried antutu today and looked at my device info, and i was surprise to see that my cpu hardware is now QCT MSM8x60 FUSION FFA:)

Last edited:

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
i dont know the cpu hardware but the model was arm7..
i dont know how to find the hardware since he dosnt have a benchmark app like antutu..

btw..i tried antutu today and looked at my device info, and i was surprise to see that my cpu hardware is now QCT MSM8x60 FUSION FFA:)

QCT Qualcomm communications technology
Fusion means it uses another radio on top of the built in one (in our case mdm9600 Lte)
FFA = Form Factor Accurate

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
QCT Qualcomm communications technology
Fusion means it uses another radio on top of the built in one (in our case mdm9600 Lte)
FFA = Form Factor Accurate

so that's what it means..i thought there was somthing special with that..
now for the MB2 build..i think there are other samsung Jb phones that are using this build right now..not just the shv- e160L

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
so that's what it means..i thought there was somthing special with that..
now for the MB2 build..i think there are other samsung Jb phones that are using this build right now..not just the shv- e160L

Yes there are other devices with same build. When i get back to my fast list i will have look to see what can be ported.

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
i think S3 and note2 are some of the samsung devices that uses this build..were lucky to have this one on ours too..

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
i think S3 and note2 are some of the samsung devices that uses this build..were lucky to have this one on ours too..

My bro has a s3, I will check his.
Explains why note 2 multi window was ported quickly, although not very well.
Finally got round to compiling kernels, oh my word, its not easy at all.
Have not got flapjaxx to full boot yet, but getting there. I've solved all compile errors, now just both swap code bytes in and out,

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
My bro has a s3, I will check his.
Explains why note 2 multi window was ported quickly, although not very well.
Finally got round to compiling kernels, oh my word, its not easy at all.
Have not got flapjaxx to full boot yet, but getting there. I've solved all compile errors, now just both swap code bytes in and out,

that's great news..now we can have all the goodness of the samsung phones on our devices as well.

oh and ive visited koxda just now.. 9000lang just released a MB2 rom of his own..
just cant see the links to try it though :(
can you post the links from here dark?
http://koxda.com/thread-111526-1-1.html

Last edited:

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Reactions: maestrobarako

ccelis

Dec 28, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
So my hacking has returned some minor results.

Before on factory kernel
upemu5y7.jpg

ra8udaha.jpg

Some tweaking later. No long term testing done yet, this is a very early patch.

uploadfromtaptalk1361895951820.jpguploadfromtaptalk1361895977611.jpg

I've also pulled the 900lang file now, going to have a look over it. Already, language issues. Other wise it seems stable.
Not tested anything pas first boot, I've just gotta finished on kernel side of things and I was curious to see how my kernel worked on that ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read First: Thread created ONLY for Korean Galaxy Note (SHV-E160 S/K/L ver) users. ROOT, ROM or any developments posted here cannot be used for N7000 or I717 Galaxy note ver.

I am not responsible if you damaged or bricked your phone!! Use at your own risk!! I do not own nor created the developments posted here.

I created this thread to post the developments and support for our beloved Korean Galaxy Note as well as to compile the tutorials inside and outside XDA all in 1 thread.

Note: If you decide to share a recent development here, please specify/tag if applicable to all SHV models or specific model only (e.g, [e160 s/k/l] or [e160 S only]).

Basic Commands/terms:
    1.)Download mode: Turn off the phone. When it’s completely turned off press [Volume down (-) + Home + Power]. Once you see the Korean text press Volume up (+).

2.) Recovery mode: Turn off the phone. When it’s completely turned off press [Volume up (+) + Volume down (-) + Home + Power]. You should see the recovery mode at the top of your LCD screen (either tegrak or clockworkmod recovery). To navigate, press Volume up or down and use the power button as your “enter/ok” button.

3.) ROOT – gaining admin access to your phone.

4.) Root File: Some were mislead by searching for a folder named “root”. “Root” is equivalent to /sdcard (not external sdcard or a folder named “root”). So when the instruction tells you to put a specific file to the root it means that you put it inside the /sdcard.

5.) Flash – the term “flash” in android’s world means “transfer”. When a guide tells you to “flash” partition, it implies that you transfer the contents to a partition (such as system, cache, data, boot, recovery etc…). There are different kinds of data you can flash such as recovery, rom, kernel etc. this can be done by using your PC/Laptop using ODIN for PC or Heimdall for mac or ROM Manager.

3.) Checking your Korean Galaxy note version- Korean galaxy notes have different versions and it depends with the Korean carrier. To check if you have either S/K/L go to settings > About phone. Also note your basedband version (UI24, UH24, F09 etc….).

Developments:

1.) Successful debrick of Korean Galaxy note. Thanks to darkspr1te and to the contributors. You can find his page here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1914359&page=10).

2.) ROOT- Before rooting your phone make sure you have upgraded to ICS 4.0.4. You can download Kies here (http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/) to upgrade or do it via phone by going to settings>about phone>system updates>check updates. Make sure your phone battery is at least over 50% . If you’re using a laptop, make sure the battery life is full or better plug it in. Don’t use a cheap cable. Please use the one you got from Samsung.

a) [e160 s/k/l] Root instructions by jairrab: (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1924535) I used this one to root my phone because it's easy to follow especially for root virgins. However, the instructions does not include the Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) installation. Hence, do this AFTER successfully installing the Tegrak Recovery:​

I.) Download CWM Recovery (v6.0.1) cwm.tar here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyitd4ce3jq0zb4/cwm.tar)
    II.) Put the downloaded file to the root of the phone (/sdcard)
    III.) Follow the same method you used when you installed the Tegrak Recovery.​

b) [e160L only] Root instructions by mycatisether: (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1775015) found some useful info here (removing sms limit etc…) that are applicable to all Korean GN models.​

3.) Post ROOT developments:

a.)BACK UP! After rooting your phone I advised that you do a NANDROID back up first (requiment: CWM recovery see 2.a in development section). It is a complete back-up of your phone. So anytime you can go back to your phone’s last condition. Do the following to make a nandroid back up using the CWM recovery.​

I.) Flash CWM recovery
    II.) Go to recovery mode
    III.) Navigate using volume up or volume down and select “back up and restore” press power key to enter.
    IV.) You should be in back up menu now. Navigate and select back up and hit the power button again. This will take awhile. Be patient.
    V.) Once the back-up is done, navigate to “reboot system now” and hit the power button.
    VI.) After reboot. Go to /sdcard and copy the clockworkmod folder to a safe place​

b.) Custom ROM:​
    1.) [e160 s/k/l] CM9 Stable – Requirements: Rooted phone with CWM recovery (see 2.a under development section above)​
    1.a) Download the following files and put inside the root (do not unzip)

CM9 ROM (https://www.dropbox.com/s/aaz0k19ddz0xytz/cm-9.1.0-quincyskt-KUKJIN-RC2.1.zip)

Front camera fix (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqcjeegm6wn8vk2/old_note_front-cam_RC2.1.zip)

Google App for CM9 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/65703m0trd38gii/gapps.zip)

1.b) After copying the files in the root go to recovery mode (how to go to recovery mode? Read above).

1.c) In recovery mode select > “wipe data/factory reset” and select yes. > select “wipe cache partition” and select yes. > select advance > wipe dalvik and select yes.

1.d) After step 1.c STAY IN RECOVERY MODE and install the files you downloaded IN ORDER. Go to > “install zip from SD card” > 1st install CM9 ROM (cm-9.1.0-quincyskt-KUKJIN-RC2.1.zip) > 2nd install camera fix (old_note_front-cam_RC2.1.zip) > lastly, install Google app (gapps.zip).

1.e) Reboot and enjoy! Do not install the Korean keyboard! Or you can just uninstall it.

I personally use this CM9 ROM and it runs perfectly! I have no issues with the sms, battery, camera etc… All Korean bloatwares gone. No Korean keypad. Can send over 1000+ characters.

I really recommend the “Cobalt” theme as it made the CM9 even more smoother and you can download it here for free (https://play.google.com/store/apps/...h_result&rdid=com.dustinb.theme.cobalt&rdot=1) then go to settings>themes>select cobalt (ignore the message does not contain assets etc…).

If your SMS limit is not fixed. Download GO SMS Pro or Handcent SMS in google play store. Use it as your main messaging app. It will solve the problem.

Some have issues with their touchscreens. To solve this you can go to dialer and dial >*#2663# (no need to press the call button). Click “Touch key FW update” then reboot.​

2.) Other ROMs – with some research and the help of the Koreans, Chinese and Vietnamese I was able to locate the following ROMs. Please note that I have not tested these ROMs, as such I cannot guarantee if they are working properly (however, darkspr1te told us the he will test some ROMs and provide feedback – just to prevent hard/soft brick). Some ROMs I found have instructions, some do not have. I’ll post my source and you can just use google translate and read the instructions from Koreans, Chinese and Vietnamese websites. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE TAGGING I MADE. (E.G., IF IT's TAGGED WITH [S/K/L] IT MEANS IT’S COMPATIBLE TO ANY KOREAN GN (SHV E160]. IF IT'S TAGGED WITH [L ONLY], IT MEANS IT’S ONLY APPLICABLE TO E160L GN VER. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!​

a) [S/K/L] MIUI 2.8.3 Beta (http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=80764&uk=2063664816) – known 4G and battery problems. Translated source here (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://search.matcl.com/b/imbeded/125842).

b) [L _UH24 ONLY] E160L UH24 GS3 style: (http://translate.googleusercontent....292641&usg=ALkJrhgNhnm3YD4P1xetBLAImDaM9vu5og

c)[T_UI24 ONLY] UI24 Jellybean style – really don’t know what is this. You need to log-in before you can see the downloadable file (http://matcl.com/b/usertheme/126333). Not sure if ROM or theme.

d) [S/K/L] Alpha1 ROM based on the stable CM9 above. I did not test it. Seems like icons were changed etc… You can download the ROM here ( still uploading to dropbox). See the translated original post here (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://search.matcl.com/b/imbeded/126864) . Follow the same process when you installed the CM9 ROM above.

e) [S_UH24 ONLY] Based on Original e160S_UH24 ROM but rooted. You can download it here (http://kuai.xunlei.com/d/JCIBDHYSVQTU) password is E160S-eruizhi (case sensitive). Translated original post here (http://translate.google.com/transla...u=http://bbs.eruizhi.com/android-229-1-1.html)

f) [K_UI24 ONLY] Based on Original e160k_UI24 ROM but rooted. You can download it here (http://bbs.eruizhi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=315&reltid=4&pre_thread_id=0&pre_pos=3&ext=). Translated original post here (http://translate.google.com/transla...d=315&reltid=4&pre_thread_id=0&pre_pos=3&ext=)​

MORE TO COME... I will update the thread later.

I find the CM9 the best-cooked ROM for our SHVs to date. All issues were resolved in this ROM.​

d.) Recommended apps for rooted phones (just search in google playstore):​
    1.) Battery Calibration (free)
    2.) Titanium Backup (free or Pro)
    3.) ROM Toolbox
    4.) SD Maid
    5.) Superuser or SuperSU
    6.) Internet booster (really working for me)​

USEFUL SOURCES:
    1.) http://bbs.eruizhi.com/ (Chinese Website with useful infos)
    2.) http://www.koxda.com/ (very informative but hard to get access for downloadable files.)
    3.) http://matcl.com/ (Korean Website. Most of the cooked ROMs came from this website including the CM9. No CM10 update for now.)
    4.) http://www.tinhte.vn (Very informative Vietnamese forum with lots of ROM links)
    5.) http://www.115.com (This is a download site. Use the search toolbar to search for something and if you are lucky you may find yourself a treasure)​

QUICK FIX:
    1.) SMS Limit:
    a.) Download GO SMS PRO or Handcent SMS. Make it your default sms app.
    b.) They have other solution here (may not work to some KGN) (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1775015)

2.) Removed U+ LTE boot and shutdown animations go here (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1702580).​

SECRET CODES (courtesy of darkspr1te):

Engineer mode 319 712 358 and then the password 0821.
    EDIT:- Use the 319712358 code to activate CP access, not service mode or phoneutil.

*#2663# touch firmware
    *2767*3855# factory format do not use
    ##DATA# Data config menu
    ##TTY# TTY menu
    ##786# RTN repaired menu
    *#46744674# set IMSI to 9999
    *#9090# Service Mode , MDM/MSM Uart/Usb selection
    ##8778# PhoneUtil , MODEM/PDA UART/USB
    *#0*# Test menu 1
    *#0228# battery status
    ##GPSCLRX# - Reset the GPS
    *#2664# - Touchscreen Accuracy Test
    *#9900# - SysDump​
    we badly need to see that firmware like an oxygen for our lungs..
    i wanna know if its really official JB for shv models..

Hi, sorry for the delay. Here is the JB firmware for Korean models:

SHV-E160L:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32905926/KIES_HOME_E160LKLJMB2_704944_REV02_user_low_ship.tar

SHV-E160S:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32905926/KIES_HOME_E160SKSJMB1_704944_REV02_user_low_ship.tar
    As the Thread Title says.
    Support And Sharing,
    With sharing in mind I present my first Port,
    CWM 6.0.1.2 for SHV-E160L

install via your current cwm

Copy zip file to your /sdcard/ via adb (adb push zipfilename /sdcard/ )
    reboot into recovery either via Rom manager or select reset from power menu and hold vol up & vol down or power off device, remove battery and replace battery (USB cable Unplugged) then hold power vol up & vol down, release power when you feel vibration motor.

It seems it's normal to also post a huge list of features in colour fonts, not going to.

It's CWM 6 with UH24 kernal, has adb function for devss.

Ubuntu users , if you get ??????? permissions error or adb does not work quite right then try this,

edit /etc/udev/rules/99.android.rules

paste following into the above file
    Code:
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0e79", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0502", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0b05", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="413c", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0489", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="091e", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="24e3", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2116", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0482", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="17ef", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1004", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="22b8", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0409", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2080", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0955", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2257", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="10a9", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1d4d", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0471", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="04da", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="05c6", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1f53", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="04e8", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="04dd", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0fce", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0930", MODE="0666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", MODE="0666"

@dycz21 could you update the front page for me, shv-e160l getting some love in the updated cwm.

Why did i port this? , because http://builder.clockworkmod.com/ didnt work for me , it bricked my device ** warning to other users**, I will find out why and inform the web site producers, but for now i need cwm so i can work on cm10 roms :cool:
    plus i want to ensure that my debrick update works across devices so i need to set a standard recovery for all shv-e160x devices.
    next up is twrp as soon as the coffee kicks in.
    Hit thanks if it's of use you

I will leave the boxes of big red writing to you who want to say thanks :D
    Support

Hi All,
    As of today i Will no longer have my SHV-E160L note, I have decided to sell it on and upgrade. I was a hard choice i can tell you as i've had a lot of fun hacking this device. I will still try and assist all Korean note users where i can, but without the device in my hands i will be limited somewhat.
    I will also upload all of my CM10/10.1 work to my git hub if any users wish to continue my work. (github.com/darkspr1te).

I could not think of a better crowd of people to meet in a journey like this, and other users not on this site like jcsullins and many more.

Also all MY source code will be made public. I will post links here once i've completed uploading.

For a time i will be using a gt-n7000 note so my research will continue but based on samsung cpu.

Many Thanks

darkspr1te

Hi friend....im using E160S with build E160SKSJMC4. I searched a lot for tegrak kernal and recovery to root it, but dint get for this build. I tried downloading rooted JB file (1.2GB) but everytime it got failed after downloading around 600MB to 700MB (tried 3 times already)..

will rooting by flashing CWM or TWRP and flashing super user.zip as explained by you work for 160S also?

Appreciate any guidance regarding the above...

yes the method works all the time for jellybean..

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

Hi there!

I have a Korean Galaxy Note (SHV-E160K) and I have upgraded it to Android 4.1.2 using Kies. The current firmware version is PDA:JMC3/Phone: JLL6 (KTF) in Kies.

Much to my frustration, I noticed there is no Multi-window feature available in my phone. I should be most grateful if someone could teach me how to enable it.

Thanks!!

download custom rom from KOXDA.com for your device. all custom roms outhere has multi-window..

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

hi,

does any one have login id and password for KOXDA forum.i'm looking to download roms for my e160L. i tried registering there, but Verification code is a big head ache

register at wiebo.com.. bind your weibo account on koxda.com registration.. after that, it will send a verification e-mail, verify that e-mail and your registerd at koxda..

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

Hello sir. Im trying to fix my limited service issue by flashing the rom above for my shv160s. will this work on the baseband e160SKSJLL7?

if its jellybean then its okay to flash..