Has anyone got the TWRP Recovery to work??

Search This thread

fibroman

Feb 21, 2010
Has anyone successfully gotten to TWRP Recovery to install for their Omate?
I have tried to do it using GooManager, but it says it cant find it.

I have also attempted to do the alternate methods but cant find a scatter file for it ?
Is there any tutorial on this that has worked for anyone?

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in

I have also attempted to do the alternate methods but cant find a scatter file for it ?

I installed TWRP on my TrueSmart this morning via adb while booted to Android. Rename the file that you download to twrp.img and then do the following:
adb push twrp.img /sdcard/twrp.img
adb shell dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/recovery

Done.

fibroman

Feb 21, 2010
I installed TWRP on my TrueSmart this morning via adb while booted to Android. Rename the file that you download to twrp.img and then do the following:

Done.

Thanks for the info. I now have it installed.
But when trying to do a backup it says( Failed )
Updating Partition details...
Kernel does not have support for running this application.

mortis2600

Nov 28, 2009
I was having the same issue. Did exactly what Dees_Troy suggested and it worked like a charm.

Thanks!

Now to wait for roms, because the stock one blows so far.

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in

Try running the backup again. If you get an error, adb pull /tmp/recovery.log without rebooting and attach or paste the log to a paste site.

mortis2600

Nov 28, 2009
Ouch!!! I can always take Operative and instead of a 100MB file make it +600MB file and call it a "ROM" if it will help.

Sorry, I have a fairly high standard of roms at this point.

Dont want to go too far off topic, but I've had some issues with bluetooth (pairs, doesn't stay connected, thus making the companion app useless), battery life, etc.

I may have to run tasker scripts to emulate some of the things I want it to do with notifications and turning the screen on. Finally, if I install a new launcher, it'd be wonderful if it didn't cover up the notifications bar.

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Sorry, I have a fairly high standard of roms at this point.

Dont want to go too far off topic, but I've had some issues with bluetooth (pairs, doesn't stay connected, thus making the companion app useless), battery life, etc.

I may have to run tasker scripts to emulate some of the things I want it to do with notifications and turning the screen on. Finally, if I install a new launcher, it'd be wonderful if it didn't cover up the notifications bar.

I quit anyways so no biggie

mortis2600

Nov 28, 2009
It was built from broken, crappy Umeox firmware so better battery life, memory management and pretty much every fix or improvement came form me. Like I said I'm done so no offense taken.

I don't have yours installed. Mine is just running completely stock firmware right now.

And it sucks that you're quitting. Your build looked to be the one thing that might make the OS on this thing worth using.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Then.... build.... your.... own?

Be a part of the solution.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If I had the expertise to do so, I would be inclined to do so. Sadly, I'll just have to settle for reporting bugs and making feature requests and being happy to have my device at all.

nbarm2

Apr 11, 2011
[SOLVED] backup failed on TWRP

If you are getting 'Unable to create folder' error, then rename the backup name and it should work :good:

fibroman

Feb 21, 2010
If you are getting 'Unable to create folder' error, then rename the backup name and it should work :good:

That did the trick!!! Renaming the backup. Thanks.

One final question here: I have been using apps like goomanager to reboot into recovery, but how can you enter TWRP straight from turning the watch on.
Is there a key combo that needs to be held when turning the watch on to get right into TWRP? I tried holding down the bottom right key and that did not work.

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Hold both keys for 10 seconds then toggle to recovery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Done.