[Completed] [Q] Seems to be problem with DNS lookup in Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SubhashBose

Jul 2, 2014
I have purchased a Alcatel Onetouch Idol X+ very recently and I am facing this problem of slow DNS lookup when connected to WiFi. When I am using WiFi and trying to browse any website it always taking 20-40 seconds to start show up any content. Later I realized that problem is not there when I am using directly IP address of an website instead on domain name. So, this must be an issue with slow DNS lookup. I have tried setting google DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) in WiFi connection setting, but it is of no help.
To crosscheck this I used 'terminal emulator' to ping any website, what is see is that, always for resolving the domain dame it take 15-20 second time, then ping continues normal, similarly when I use any website IP to pinged there is no such issue.

Interestingly I found that sometimes when I connect to wifi then restart the phone, after that all browsing works fine and fast, but as soon as I change WiFi to another connection or turn wifi off-on, then again problem start to appear.

I have checked with few other phone connected to same WiFi connection, those are not at all having any such issue.

Can any one please tell any solution to this??

Android version is 4.2.2,
WiFi connection (which I am using) speed is more than 10mbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.