[ROM] 4.4.2 [LG Stock] Debloated

Search This thread

dr87

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2013
G2.png

LG 4.4.2 Stock Rom - Massively debloated, only has a few apps left. All LG features should work. Requires custom recovery. Do not flash AOSP or 4.2.2 kernels.

This includes my new updater script for kitkat so it actually has a /system folder instead of the system.img.

You can find the standalone updater script here. I believe it is the first created, every KK rom I've seen is not editable using a system.img. It took a few hours to create.

The kernel is stock but I made some small adjustments and toolchain fixes.

I have a custom kernel for this up in this forum.

Instructions.

Full wipe besides for internal storage

Flash Kitkat modem here (If you aren't already using it)

Flash Rom here (mirror soon, but not yet since I need to reupload)

Flash SuperSu here

If you get a "symlinks failed" (happens right away if system doesn't mount properly) reboot back into recovery re-wipe and flash again.

razrlover

Mar 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6
You are the man!?!?? I should have never left your lg 4.4 build. Flaked another and paid for it.
Thanks again doc!!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BASEWON

Mar 8, 2007
I'd love to try this, but has anyone figured out the issue with torrents not downloading on kitkat?

It will download if you go to the torrent file using a file explorer like estrongs. I don't know why it doesn't work the way it used to by just opening up after downloading the torrent file but at least your not totally screwed.

KennyJive

Jun 14, 2010
twrp 6.3 failed had to upgrade to 2.7 for it to flash.

i've tried every single Kitkat rom I have get my hands on, followed the instructions to the letter and if I turn this screen off and turn it back on, its just lines. White lines or colored lines. Every single f*cking kitkat stock rom. I don't get it. i'm ready to throw the thing into the river.

I know its not your rom, and it works flawlessly as long as I don't turn off the screen.

dr87

Apr 22, 2013
twrp 6.3 failed had to upgrade to 2.7 for it to flash.

i've tried every single Kitkat rom I have get my hands on, followed the instructions to the letter and if I turn this screen off and turn it back on, its just lines. White lines or colored lines. Every single f*cking kitkat stock rom. I don't get it. i'm ready to throw the thing into the river.

I know its not your rom, and it works flawlessly as long as I don't turn off the screen.

This is probably one of the most confusing issues to me since everyone here has the same device, downgrading to the same exact partitions yet some people have these line issues which makes no sense to me at all. I've been trying to figure it out but its a pretty confusing issue, its not like we have different variants. We can maybe try upgrading tz and rpm partitions since they will work with this bootloader

The only thing complete stock has that this don't is the new partitions and I'm really not sure why it's causing issues for some people

room511

Apr 23, 2013
Running perfect so far!!
Only thing I can't do is connect to visual voicemail..not sure if this is rom related.
And is there any way to get the clock back?

dr87

Apr 22, 2013
Running perfect so far!!
Only thing I can't do is connect to visual voicemail..not sure if this is rom related.
And is there any way to get the clock back?

I'll have to upload the weather apk

visual voicemail is working for me so I don't think its the rom

Reactions: matury

cyan pac

Jan 24, 2013
Sony Xperia 1 III
alright i want to try this but im scared ill lose custom recovery and i wont be able to go back to my backup, can anyone confirm that if your like lets say on paranoid android can you just flash this and if you dont like it can you go back to your update you made?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    G2.png

LG 4.4.2 Stock Rom - Massively debloated, only has a few apps left. All LG features should work. Requires custom recovery. Do not flash AOSP or 4.2.2 kernels.

This includes my new updater script for kitkat so it actually has a /system folder instead of the system.img.

You can find the standalone updater script here. I believe it is the first created, every KK rom I've seen is not editable using a system.img. It took a few hours to create.

The kernel is stock but I made some small adjustments and toolchain fixes.

I have a custom kernel for this up in this forum.

Instructions.

Full wipe besides for internal storage

Flash Kitkat modem here (If you aren't already using it)

Flash Rom here (mirror soon, but not yet since I need to reupload)

Flash SuperSu here

If you get a "symlinks failed" (happens right away if system doesn't mount properly) reboot back into recovery re-wipe and flash again.
    Here's my best theory on the white line issue and what I'm going to do to try to fix it

There is a slight difference in hardware revisions between certain t-mobile phones (this is obvious or it would happen to every phone)

However there is one workaround I could try, the D803 kernel source has different video drivers than the D801 kernel source. D803 and D801 hardware wise have identical touchscreens revisions (the only 2 phones that share the exact same screen)

As a matter of fact, D801 can run a D803 kernel as I have done it for awhile on AOSP while testing something out, it just needs some modifications to trick the aboot. So what I am going to do is since D803 uses different video drivers with the same screen I am going to build a modified D803 kernel that will boot and work on the D801. Since I have a D801 I could of course I could test this for you guys to ensure it boots and runs. Once it's done I can post it here and someone with white lines can rule out the different video drivers as the cause of the issue.
    How do i handle the OTA update that keeps popping up.. I'm aware i shouldn't press it...because it depends on the stock recovery and TWRP is installed. Is there a way to get that official update without soft brick and re-install stock firmware.

If u get update, do not update.
    Pull down the notification bar and tap and hold on the notification. App info will pop up and tap it and scroll all the way to the bottom and uncheck show notification.

Then use root explorer and delete /system/app/lgfota.apk and lgfota.odex.

If u took ota your stuck in twrp.

Try this for fix.

You go TWRP -> Terminal command -> select and type.....

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit enter

type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc

New update takes you from D80120e to D80120g. I made my own rom from 20e kdz for Verizon G2 VS980 and can't take the ota. I gotta find a way to get this Tmobile 20g kzg.
    I have the test kernel ready. Someone please send me a PM if you are ready to flash the kernel to test the lines.

Its pure D803 modified to boot on D801. It runs on my phone so you should not have boot issues.

edit: did not fix lines