[Q] Pie is killing me please help

Search This thread

ojodetigre

Apr 24, 2013
OK I have run the pie exploit about 100 times every time I get the correct output but when I use root checker it says I don't have root I try to install super su and it says there are no binaries installed what am I missing my device shows up I put the update package in my sdk folder advice pushes the files I reverted back to 19.5.3 I get the exact same message that is expected when everyone else runs pie please help I have a Verizon Droid mini do I need to disable fire walls or avg

livinitwarrior

Jul 30, 2012
OK I have run the pie exploit about 100 times every time I get the correct output but when I use root checker it says I don't have root I try to install super su and it says there are no binaries installed what am I missing my device shows up I put the update package in my sdk folder advice pushes the files I reverted back to 19.5.3 I get the exact same message that is expected when everyone else runs pie please help I have a Verizon Droid mini do I need to disable fire walls or avg

I got the same error messages. Get Root Check, and ignore the errors, and once it's sent, see if that works. It doesn't allow you to update the binaries though, until you do the full root with the WPnomo described in the Pie thread

ojodetigre

Apr 24, 2013
Elaborate

I got the same error messages. Get Root Check, and ignore the errors, and once it's sent, see if that works. It doesn't allow you to update the binaries though, until you do the full root with the WPnomo described in the Pie thread

So I got root checker it says I am not rooted so your telling me that I should just ignore everything and run the full root process because everyone else says that root checker should say I'm rooted is there any other programs I need besides sdk I read somewhere that I need Java setup correctly to execute scripts and also I read that I may have to create a junk file on my phone that will allow the scripts to be pushed to I'm so lost I am about to give up someone please help me out I'm new member so I can't post in development

Cgordon17

Oct 12, 2013
So I got root checker it says I am not rooted so your telling me that I should just ignore everything and run the full root process because everyone else says that root checker should say I'm rooted is there any other programs I need besides sdk I read somewhere that I need Java setup correctly to execute scripts and also I read that I may have to create a junk file on my phone that will allow the scripts to be pushed to I'm so lost I am about to give up someone please help me out I'm new member so I can't post in development

You need to make sure everything like your firewall, avg, security is all turned off or it won't work.

Rooted Droid Ultra

livinitwarrior

Jul 30, 2012

sorry, I never got a notification from this. No, root checker SHOULD tell you if you have root. Are you running each of the 4 commands separately?

ojodetigre

Apr 24, 2013
sorry, I never got a notification from this. No, root checker SHOULD tell you if you have root. Are you running each of the 4 commands separately?
I plug my phone in, cd to the path of my sdk, adb devices to make sure it's recognized then run the four commands separately and phone does nothing it doesn't reboot just stays the same run root checker and it says I'm not rooted the guy before you says to turn avg and firewalls off I'm going to try that when I get home

livinitwarrior

Jul 30, 2012
I plug my phone in, cd to the path of my sdk, adb devices to make sure it's recognized then run the four commands separately and phone does nothing it doesn't reboot just stays the same run root checker and it says I'm not rooted the guy before you says to turn avg and firewalls off I'm going to try that when I get home

Reboot? It shouldn't reboot. The phone should technically do nothing until you do root checker. The way this root works, it's tethered, and gets wiped once you reboot unless you do the next steps of using wpnomo

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

miketoasty

Sep 13, 2010
Pie alone isn't going to give you the root that you are looking for. All Pie does is give you root access to the /system partition.

You need to go here: http://bit.ly/1sxDN9t and disable Write Protection, which will allow you to flash the SU binary that gives full root.

After that is done you need to install Safestrap ((Can be found here: http://bit.ly/1jq4WeO) Our device is the XT1080), reboot into recovery and flash: http://download.chainfire.eu/396/SuperSU/

Now when you boot up you will have permanent root, and root check / SuperSU should show up properly.

Last edited:

kude87

Jan 2, 2013
Denver, CO
I've never really had to use adb much before on any of my other devices. It's eating my lunch, and is frustrating because everyone is saying how easy it is. I honestly am having issues simply pushing the pie exploit to my phone. When I do, all correct directories, it gives me the adb info and shortcut stuff, definitions, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Just don't know adb well at all.

Edit: nm. got it.

Last edited: