()()()()()()() everyone having the force close issue read this ()()()()()

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

appdroid

Oct 25, 2011
Chicago
"DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU WANNA flash rom ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE FORCE CLOSE ISSUE"!
I tried this process and I wanted to flash a new ROM. But in recovery mode it wouldn't read my SD card, and when I transferred the .zip to my internal memory and I tried to install it said I had no space.

Any ideas?

Haxel

Feb 22, 2010
I'm going to refrain from going to deep, but wiping the dalvik cache more than once is asinine. If you want to save yourself some time, wipe the dalvik cache first and reboot. Wiping multiple times is an exercise in stupidity. Think "battery stats" debacle.

If you are wondering what the "dalvik cache" is: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/76110-what-dalvik-cache.html

If you are wondering why I suggest JUST that first? Long story short, when "pre-fetch" cache goes corrupt these kinds of quirks can happen. There are multiple possible causes (theory being improper shutdown/close).

"Wipe Data" becomes effective if some of the system(usr) data becomes corrupt, but that wouldn't be as common. (can happen)

The OP is trying to be helpful and should be thanked for it.

Last edited:

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
We are starting to get this problem with the tab 8.9 lte (sgh-i957) - same specs as the skyrocket - weird....and we only have a rooted kernel and cwm, not even any roms!

We are starting to get this problem with the tab 8.9 lte (sgh-i957) - same specs as the skyrocket - weird....and we only have a rooted kernel and cwm, not even any roms!

Are u able to recover from it the same way? If so copy and paste the info in here to your guys thread over there

Obviously youll need to change the links first

t3chfr3ak07

Dec 7, 2011
Pocatello
Works for sure

Had the same issue started after i flashed the alien #4 build but had alien #3 previously flashed (Note: Issue was not because of the Alien builds) Flashed back to stock and havent experienced the issues since!

weezalxc

Jan 3, 2012
This just happened to me yesterday. I did nothing out of the ordinary. Turned on my phone and tons of FC's and it seemed like most things were back to original. I had stock ROM that came with the phone, rooted, and with the stock recovery. I'm glad this happened after ICS was leaked, cause this gave me a good reason to flash that - which seemed to fix things :)

cwright12

Dec 8, 2011
Dallas, Texas
works +1

This worked for me! i had a ton of google-related errors AFTER flashing back to stock with odin, but went through the 3x clears of both of my cache and re-installed ICS rom by using darkwipe then doing the 3x clears again. props to you and thanks for the post!

Datron

Apr 15, 2012
More and more people keep having this problem. Your phone suddenly has tons of force closes, and becomes unfunctional. Well we seem to have a problem with our recovery, possibly causing a corrupt partition. There is a solution .......

Great info here. Thanks for the assistance. I've been following these forums for about six months and have actively been flashing/customizing my Skyrocket since January. Cheers!

PJcastaldo

Aug 31, 2009
Debary, FL
Nice idea. But just doing a wipe or using one of the many wipe scripts floating around would also fix the problem.. I have also been a flash head since day one on this device and have never had these issues.. so its just odd...

I also believe telling people to do multiple wipes is kinda dumb.. 1 wipe = wiped... 3 wipes = wiped plus wasted time..

ayehia2005

Jan 19, 2012
Thank u

Thank you

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More and more people keep having this problem. Your phone suddenly has tons of force closes, and becomes unfunctional. Well we seem to have a problem with our recovery, possibly causing a corrupt partition. There is a solution .......use odin to flash the stock recovery tar found in development. Boot into stock recovery.. wipe data, and cache 3 times each ,and boot the rom back up. Then use rom manager to flash the tmobile gs2 cwm recovery. This does work. And has been proven numerous times.
    Here is the stock recovery http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1360943.

If for some reason you still have this issue after following my advice. Use odin to flash the stock firmware tar found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1342348. After your done. Let it boot. If u get the force closes. Then proceed to power off, boot into stock recovery, and then wipe your data/cache, and reboot
    CHAS1046.jpg
    NO rom does not cauz this issues. What causes issue is when you restore data from ur backups. Plus there is problem with cwm it does not fully wipe data because cwm was not particularly made for our phone. That being said you do not have to worry about a thing. I am flashaholic and i used to flash every other day since i m with Sky ice cream rom by Sean i don't flash a lot. Don't worry just try out all the roms you won't have problem by roms at all. There was only one rom that had problem Alien the first or second build.

Is this a problem that develops as you start flashing more and more ROMs? Is there a known cause?

I'm new at this stuff - just rooted and tried my first ROM this week. I'm tempted to try others but if chances are good that I'll run into problems/issues even if I'm going about things the right way - I might hold off on making a change given that the phone is stable right now.

Thoughts?
    Thanks very helpful

I appreciate the helpful thread. Has stopped all of my issues.