Why is this forum for Verizon gs5 slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sdsubball23

Jan 12, 2012
Why is this forum for Verizon gs5 slow? Is the phone not that popular for some reason?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
Yeah its only been a week, I too am surprised by this but even with no root it should be picking up users within a few weeks.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
No root would mean much smaller traffic here. Then you have rubes like me waiting (perhaps futilely) for a 32gb model who will stick with their S4 until one is offered.

k.electron

Jan 27, 2009

not hopeful. unless there is a leak from inside samsung.

look at the note 3. its pretty dead from an AOSP perspective. and even TW based roms, nobody can apply future kernel upgrades so its a dead end route.

at this point anyone who wants anything custom from their phones should probably not look at samsung devices.

anothen

Feb 10, 2009
I'm at a crossroads right now... My S3 smashed 2 weeks ago so I picked up a M8 because there was no release date for the S5 yet. I have since ordered the S5 and planned on returning the M8 (very nice phone by the way but not super impressed with the camera). Flipping a coin and keeping the S5 hoping for root, etc. or keeping the M8 and root immediately.... merrrrrrrrrrrr

jspradling7

Nov 12, 2011
Houston
I'm at a crossroads right now... My S3 smashed 2 weeks ago so I picked up a M8 because there was no release date for the S5 yet. I have since ordered the S5 and planned on returning the M8 (very nice phone by the way but not super impressed with the camera). Flipping a coin and keeping the S5 hoping for root, etc. or keeping the M8 and root immediately.... merrrrrrrrrrrr

I'd have to vote M8. I've had mine since release day and it's S-Off and running Viper. I'm really liking the M8, camera and all. I got the S5 yesterday and I messed with it all last night and today, so far my impression is "Meh... really?" Not loving the S5 yet.

Reactions: 1ManWolfePack

Guadalupeohara

Feb 5, 2014
D.K
not hopeful. unless there is a leak from inside samsung.

look at the note 3. its pretty dead from an AOSP perspective. and even TW based roms, nobody can apply future kernel upgrades so its a dead end route.

at this point anyone who wants anything custom from their phones should probably not look at Samsung devices.

Not bad for me. i think some people not know how to use it perfectly.. i Hope it will increased ASAP..

husky88

May 26, 2013
NYC
You don't have to wait

No root would mean much smaller traffic here. Then you have rubes like me waiting (perhaps futilely) for a 32gb model who will stick with their S4 until one is offered.

I felt the same way as you but didn't want to wait. Keep an eye on slickdeals for a fast 64gb micro sd. The new fast ones (I got the Samsung Plus 64gb) and honestly you can really notice the read write time performance. I'm never waiting for apps/pics/vids to load from my micro sd on this phone. It's just like internal memory. I directly compared this with my slightly older sandisk 64gb micro from last year and it's night and day. I got it for $32 on a deal but it's $46 now on amazon. It won't let me post external links since I'm new.

Totally worth being an early adopter. Order your 16GB S5 with that card and don't look back. If you need a ton of space down the road, get a fast 128gb micro sd when it launches.

Might be blabbering here.. but you can't discount the speed of sd cards. You can't think of it like 48mb/s, but more like 10mb/.2 seconds. This little bursts are what your apps and other things need to boot quickly.

Chucky5150

Dec 6, 2008
New Iberia
I got the S3 the day it come out on Verizon. There were issues with a locked bootloader and what-not with that. It was just a matter of time until you could unlock it with a simple app install.

I do like my S5 as it is. I do hope with time there'll be work arounds for what Verizon had put in place.

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I got the S3 the day it come out on Verizon. There were issues with a locked bootloader and what-not with that. It was just a matter of time until you could unlock it with a simple app install.

I do like my S5 as it is. I do hope with time there'll be work arounds for what Verizon had put in place.

You are obviously not acquainted with changes made since the S3. Take a look at the S4 forums, the only way you can unlock the bootloader is if your phone came with a specific firmware and you did not do any OTA updates to change it. This is because of a specific exploit found in that version, which Samsung/Verizon quickly patched and the phone has been locked down ever since. Sure, it's possible that an exploit will be found in the VZW S5 but it won't be something simple as downloading an app and clicking "Unlock". And you can believe as soon as it's public, it will get patched with an OTA.

das7982

Feb 28, 2012
Broken Arrow

I vividly remember this as well. It's only a matter of time before root or bootloader unlock is achieved. Some developer out there will want to come to the rescue. I know several that love playing hero

Follow Me @Bash_array

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'd have to vote M8. I've had mine since release day and it's S-Off and running Viper. I'm really liking the M8, camera and all. I got the S5 yesterday and I messed with it all last night and today, so far my impression is "Meh... really?" Not loving the S5 yet.