[Q] I need professional opinion on malware

Search This thread

xDTrifonov

Jun 7, 2014
Sofia
Hello to everyone,

I'm currently using Fallout Evolution V5.0.0 ROM for about a week now and after installing an antivirus app and scanning my phone I found out that the "People" app (containing the phone app in it) has a malware trojan in it.
The only way to secure this is to disable the app, but if I do that I can't use my phone to call people.

- two screenshots attached (also there is a strange process that needs super user access)
Screenshot#1; Screenshot#2

Please let me know if I need to re-install something or to search for a more "clean" ROM?

Thank you!

VnnAmed

Sep 23, 2011
Poznań
Google Pixel 4a
Hello to everyone,

I'm currently using Fallout Evolution V5.0.0 ROM for about a week now and after installing an antivirus app and scanning my phone I found out that the "People" app (containing the phone app in it) has a malware trojan in it.
The only way to secure this is to disable the app, but if I do that I can't use my phone to call people.

- two screenshots attached (also there is a strange process that needs super user access)
Screenshot#1; Screenshot#2

Please let me know if I need to re-install something or to search for a more "clean" ROM?

Thank you!

My advice? Install cm11 from devil kin. It's based on latest android which has many security enhancements. And don't use Antivirus on. It's 100% safe.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk

xDTrifonov

Jun 7, 2014
Sofia
Hi VnnAmed,

I was trying to flash this CM11 ROM but without any luck so far, therefore I switched to Fallout v5 once again.

Could you advise if there is any special technique that needs to be done when flashing to CM11, as these steps did not work.

1) Update HBoot to latest version
2) Remove the HBoot file from the SD Card
3) Clean everything as per the HBoot instructions
4) Flash CM11 (cm-11-20140606-UNOFFICIAL-saga)
5) Flash GAPPS for CM11
6) In FASTBOOT run (over USB cable) fastboot flash boot boot.img (using the boot.img from the .zip file)
7) Restart
(?) x nothing happens for some time, my phone restarted to the Recovery screen