[Q] ROM Manager Howto

Search This thread

geoffcorey

Apr 24, 2010
I'm so confused as to how to use ROM Manager on the slide. And the posts in the slide forum about rom manager aren't really any help.

Can someone please make a howto for the use of rom manager for the slide?

So far, i've updated the recovery to version 2.5.x.x (or something like that). Right now, i'm trying to install ChromaticSlide and i tried to do the "install from sd" option in rom manager. When it reboots to recovery, i get the phone with the green arrow for <1sec and then i get a red ? mark and if i don't touch anything it reboots. If i do press a button, i get the error messages.

How do i go about flashing through rom manager successfully?

ab0m

Sep 3, 2010
If you have clockwork recovery on your SD card, inside a .zip called update.zip, you go into your normal recovery, the stock android one, then you flash that recovery (update.zip). Then it should boot into clockwork.

migueltherocker

Jun 19, 2010
Miami
I'm so confused as to how to use ROM Manager on the slide. And the posts in the slide forum about rom manager aren't really any help.

Can someone please make a howto for the use of rom manager for the slide?

So far, i've updated the recovery to version 2.5.x.x (or something like that). Right now, i'm trying to install ChromaticSlide and i tried to do the "install from sd" option in rom manager. When it reboots to recovery, i get the phone with the green arrow for <1sec and then i get a red ? mark and if i don't touch anything it reboots. If i do press a button, i get the error messages.

How do i go about flashing through rom manager successfully?

This can be caused by two things.

A) Do you still have the update.zip from on your sd card from when you rooted?
B) Did you flash the eng build?

geoffcorey

Apr 24, 2010
i can get into clockwork just fine manually. But how do i flash through ROM Manager like other people do in the ENG build? It won't even reboot into recovery when i select the option.

It seems not to like to work on the ENG build (and yes i'm running the ENG build). ROM Manager will download the newest recovery image, but it will only stay in the clockwork folder on the sd card. I did though seem to get it to work after flashing to a CM6 build (it put a recovery-update.zip file in a different folder inside the clockwork folder and when i said boot into recovery to flash a ROM, it has the phone with green arrows and flashed fine, it just won't do it from ENG build)

EDIT FOR CLARITY:

A) I have the update.zip i used for root in the root of the sdcard.
B) I have the ENG build flashed.

I also have free rom manager installed. I selected within rom manager to flash clockwork recovery (which it did and says the current and latest recovery is v2.5.0.1).

It also created a file in sdcard/clockworkmod/koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries/ called recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-espresso.zip.

If i go to flash a rom from within the ENG build using rom manager, i get the option to "backup current rom" and to "wipe data and cache" before flashing. And when it goes to reboot, it doesn't do anything.

However, when i went to flash from ChromaticSlide to CM6 using rom manager, it put a file called recovery-update.zip in one of the clockworkmod folders and rebooted and flashed without any input from me. So i'm confused as how to get ROM manager to work from within the ENG build. I also don't get a SU permission notice about rom manager from within the ENG build but i do get a SU permissions request from within the other ROMs by rom manager

EDIT2: Lol, i just told rom manager to flash clockwork a 2nd time and it gave me the SU permissions request and then when i told it to boot into recovery, it rebooted into recovery. Nevermind about the last stuff.

Last edited: