[MOD] Remove "Swipe to unlock" Text from Lockscreen (Resurrection ROM)

Search This thread

ionious

Apr 22, 2011
Mosta
S

sileshnair

While this works fine, it does take away the crt off anination...:(
Good work though.

I have not touched anything with regard to CRT. If it is not enabled in the stock Resurrection rom, then you will not have it in this.

If you want it activated, let me know.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FabricioGS

Nov 18, 2010
São Paulo
Moto X4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Right now, I deleted the 3D galery apk (because I didn't understand why having 2 galeries..) and now I don't have the live wallpaper on lockscreen anymore :(

I am editing framework-res.apk to see if it will work. Lot of errors in the file while decompiling.

Edit : I have modded framework-res.apk as well. Just flash the zip file from the link below and you should be good. You can see the screenshot with Irish English.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15444246/Mods/Resurrection_v9.4_Slide_to_unlock_removal_mod.zip

Thanks a lot! I'll test it and report back.

EDIT: it did removed the text but I also losed CRT Off animation plus no livewallpaper on lockscreen.

How are you guys editing and removing this text? Wich files you are modifying?

Last edited:

Zoozle86

Feb 23, 2012
Would be nice to have the animation without the message...

Btw... it works for me..thx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

S

sileshnair

Right now, I deleted the 3D galery apk (because I didn't understand why having 2 galeries..) and now I don't have the live wallpaper on lockscreen anymore :(

EDIT: it did removed the text but I also losed CRT Off animation plus no livewallpaper on lockscreen.

I already mentioned that i used the files from the ROM which does not have CRT effect. So it will not be available in the mod. Regarding not having live wallpaper on your lockscreen, it has nothing to do with this mod. It is becoz you deleted the stock Gallery3d.apk.

Regarding how to mod, it involves decompiling and editing strings.XML in all language folders under the /res/values folder.

Would be nice to have the animation without the message...

Btw... it works for me..thx

Try the following attachment and see if it enables CRT effect again. Backup first.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15444246/Mods/Resurrection_v9.4_Slide_to_unlock_removal_mod_CRT.zip

Last edited:

Zoozle86

Feb 23, 2012
Hi ...i've testet
1.Download to external sd.
2.Backup via CWM
3.Install via CWW
Yes it works
Stock gallery is still there
Only thing i dont know how to apply a lockscreen livewallpaper (For Test)
Never used before

Thank you thank you thank you

Last edited:

wini77

Feb 3, 2012
Nova Gorica
I already mentioned that i used the files from the ROM which does not have CRT effect. So it will not be available in the mod. Regarding not having live wallpaper on your lockscreen, it has nothing to do with this mod. It is becoz you deleted the stock Gallery3d.apk.

Try the following attachment and see if it enables CRT effect again. Backup first.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15444246/Mods/Resurrection_v9.4_Slide_to_unlock_removal_mod_CRT.zip

another THANK YOU !!!
without swipe text is great but with crt off it's even better :)

Reactions: Zoozle86

ionious

Apr 22, 2011
Mosta

Regarding how to mod, it involves decompiling and editing strings.XML in all language folders under the /res/values folder.

Cheers cool bloke from India :)

munishk1865

Sep 24, 2011
Can somebody tell me the procedure how to remove this text mannually??????

pSyCh¤_O_O

I am editing framework-res.apk to see if it will work. Lot of errors in the file while decompiling.

Edit : I have modded framework-res.apk as well. Just flash the zip file from the link below and you should be good. You can see the screenshot with Irish English.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15444246/Mods/Resurrection_v9.4_Slide_to_unlock_removal_mod.zip

Hey ppl.
D4rkn3SyS 's method worked for me because i didnt use CTR OFF.When i used CTR i couldnt make it work again.You the man Silesh! You did it again!

Thnx 2 both

Last edited:
S

sileshnair

Can somebody tell me the procedure how to remove this text mannually??????

Decompile framework-res.apk and edit strings.xml in all language folders or the language you want.

Last edited:

FabricioGS

Nov 18, 2010
São Paulo
Moto X4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Decompile framework-res.apk and edit strings.xml in all language folders or the language you want.

Thanks! Just want to confirm that latest version with CRT Off also let me have livewallpaper on the lockscreen, great!

And thanks for indicating the paths, I'm also trying to learn how to do some mods on my own :)

ecips

Dec 31, 2006
Perth
Another modified framework-res.apk (and instructions)

Hey people,

For those using nmeuret's modified theme from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23018341&postcount=9873

I have modified the framework-res.apk from his theme to remove the lockscreen text.

This zip file is to be installed AFTER you install the theme. It does not contain the entire theme, just the modified framework-res.apk.

I repeat - you MUST install the theme from the post above before you install this update.

Oh, and I dont need to tell you to backup before playing do I??

You can obtain the update from here:

http://www.spice.net.au/sgs2/

Cheers!

-------------------------------------------------------

For those that are interested in how to make this change quickly and easily across all languages.

It seems the languages are split between framework-res.apk and yeniframework-res.apk.

So, in linux (sorry, I dont do windows) I did the following:

Placed both of the apk's above into a directory together. Then changed into that directory.

Extracted the apk's:

apktool d yeniframework-res.apk
apktool d framework-res.apk
Run the following command: (this is all on one line)
find . -name strings.xml | xargs sed -i '/lockscreen_unlock_guide_text/ c\\ <string name="lockscreen_unlock_guide_text"\>\<\/string\>'
This will remove the string for every language.

Then rebuild the apk's:

apktool b yeniframework-res unsigned-yeniframework-res.apk
apktool b framework-res unsigned-framework-res.apk
Then sign them: (these commands are also all on one line)
java -jar /usr/local/bin/signapk.jar /usr/local/share/android-keys/testkey.x509.pem /usr/local/share/android-keys/testkey.pk8 unsigned-yeniframework-res.apk yeniframework-res.apk

java -jar /usr/local/bin/signapk.jar /usr/local/share/android-keys/testkey.x509.pem /usr/local/share/android-keys/testkey.pk8 unsigned-framework-res.apk framework-res.apk

(The path names to the certs above may be different)

Job done!!

I leave the creation of a flashable zip or the manual installation of the files to your own creativity!

Ok, so I got bored - I have uploaded a flashable zip with all languages modified at the link above.

:D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts