[Q] How to delete OJSC Mobile Telesystems?

Search This thread

SwannyBhoy

Jan 25, 2012
I installed a lovely new rom (AGABEY) and went onto Play Store and noticed there was an app called MTC by OJSC Mobile Telesystems.

I understand it may be down to either Samsung or the Developer of the rom to query this but I searched and had no joy.

Has any one came across this and managed to remove it?

toinktoink

Feb 4, 2011
I installed a lovely new rom (AGABEY) and went onto Play Store and noticed there was an app called MTC by OJSC Mobile Telesystems.

I understand it may be down to either Samsung or the Developer of the rom to query this but I searched and had no joy.

Has any one came across this and managed to remove it?
if you're rooted, you can freeze or uninstall it via titanium backup

scott_karana

Mar 24, 2012
Me too.

This came up for me too, last night, but I'm running stock Touchwiz/gingerbread 2.3.3.
I've rooted and unlocked my phone and have Clockworkmod but that's it.

Phone is a gt-i9100m running KG2. Carrier is Virgin Canada.
I'm more concerned about why this is came up. The app of course wants every permission in the book. Has my carrier, or phone, been compromised?
I'm super paranoid about giving Superuser. The only app with an automatic Accept is Terminal Emulator. So it's not some rogue root usage causing this.

scott_karana

Mar 24, 2012
Turns out this is a bug in the market, where carrier-provided apps on your phone will confuse the market into thinking they are a different, existing Market application.
Unsure whether doing this update would replace the carrier-provided app, whichever it is, with this strange Russian one..

Google "Karoges" for more details on a similar issue, where a test app shows up in place of the stock Samsung video player.

Regardless of whether this is harmless or a potential vector for attack, it needs to be resolved on Google Play's end. I submitted a Bug feedback, please do the same if you come across this!

Last edited:
Reactions: SwannyBhoy

SwannyBhoy

Jan 25, 2012
Turns out this is a bug in the market, where carrier-provided apps on your phone will confuse the market into thinking they are a different, existing Market application.
Unsure whether doing this update would replace the carrier-provided app, whichever it is, with this strange Russian one..

Google "Karoges" for more details on a similar issue, where a test app shows up in place of the stock Samsung video player.

Regardless of whether this is harmless or a potential vector for attack, it needs to be resolved on Google Play's end. I submitted a Bug feedback, please do the same if you come across this!

I noticed that test app aswell. I tried a few apps with freezing. (Rom Toolbox) but that didn't display it. I will give Titanium a go but I have a feeling it won't display the two apps (Unless you have had success then thank you!).

Only time you really notice it is when your on the new Google Play with the two options in "My Apps". "Installed" and "All".

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I have not seen it since 2.3.3 but then again i have no stock rom since then .

Is it actually on your phone if so it should be locatable on a rooted phone .

jje

rodrigo.azel

Aug 4, 2011
I'm experiencing the samr issue... Can't uninstall it even with Titanium Backup, it does not appear in the apps intalled list....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

fer5437

Sep 30, 2009
i got the same app in "MyApps" list. What I did I removed the "AP apps" by Samsung from Titanum Backup and the OJSC Mobile TeleMarkting is gone.

Reactions: rommy0515

bix73

Mar 26, 2012
Houston, TX
i got the same app in "MyApps" list. What I did I removed the "AP apps" by Samsung from Titanum Backup and the OJSC Mobile TeleMarkting is gone.

I deleted the 'AP mobile' App but this is still in my apps list waiting for an update. Its strange that I couldn't see this in my installed apps list from the Google Play Store, but an update is waiting.

The only app from OJSC Mobile Telesystems in the app store is their MTS Voicemail+ app, which is russian language only. May be the default voicemail app on my phone is bugged.

Update:

It doesnt install even if you download.

Last edited:

MISSDIVA

Feb 3, 2009
West Sussex
This has just turned up on my GS2 (Tmobile UK) , I can't get rid of it and I'm not rooted . Would appreciate some help in getting rid of this, as I think it is a virus.

hirak99

Oct 10, 2011
Got this in my phone with XWLP2 also. Along with this I have Testfile by SFUKUDA in my installed app list.

Last edited:

hyperteiL

Dec 11, 2008
This app appeared too in my google play store. Deleting the social hub app (there are two, the one with the little blue icon was the right one i think) with titanium backup removed this of my apps list. Hope this helps :)

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Got this in my phone with XWLP2 also. Along with this I have Testfile by SFUKUDA in my installed app list.

Testfile is the app allshare from samsung i think. I deleted allshare and testfile disappeared.

Last edited:

Apekaas

Jul 11, 2011
This app appeared too in my google play store. Deleting the social hub app (there are two, the one with the little blue icon was the right one i think) with titanium backup removed this of my apps list. Hope this helps :)

Aye this worked for me too. Removed the samsung social hub app with titanium backup. It is indeed the one with an envelop icon with a little blue S on it ;)

Johnnysg2

Mar 26, 2012
How can non-rooted users delete those 2 apps?
Is there a way to temp root my phone? So I can delete them with titanium?

Last edited:

professordes

Aug 8, 2009
Dodgy looking OJSC Mobile Telesystems app

Aye this worked for me too. Removed the samsung social hub app with titanium backup. It is indeed the one with an envelop icon with a little blue S on it ;)

Freezing the social hub (rather than removing it) seems to be good enough to persuade the unwanted app to disappear from Google Play.

I presume this is popping up because we've installed an Eastern European ROM
(Polish in my case) in our haste to get ICS?

[/edit] Or not, since various GB folk are seeing it too.....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Testfile is the app allshare from samsung i think. I deleted allshare and testfile disappeared.
    Remove МТС Мобильная Почта - OJSC Mobile TeleSystems

com.seven.Z7 removal process! :)

Remove "Social Hub 7.52.*" via Titanium Backup.

# white Mail icon with blue "s" inside circle.

I can't post Images/URL: imgur .com /a/26q2z/embed :D

Wow. Thanks for making me feel welcome. I'll gladly leave now.

Some people just have no manners, or perhaps just forgot where they left them... :rolleyes:

Sorry about that. You'll find most members to be happy to help but well y'know.... there's always one....
    bulletin_board_suzy_zoo_manners_deco.gif

I was surprised to find it was apparently first install Market since HTC's prior hadn't noticed the issue as always remove Seven Engine.