Everyone can now get the cdma RAZR ICS leak

Search This thread

sookieball

Dec 25, 2010
So I put gummy rom on my boyfriends razr and flash player didn't want to load on his favorite sites.

Does this leak support or I should say

Does flash actually function properly?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

yalkowni

Feb 2, 2011
LA JOLLA
So I put gummy rom on my boyfriends razr and flash player didn't want to load on his favorite sites.

Does this leak support or I should say

Does flash actually function properly?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yea the reason why it didnt support it cause there was no hardware acceleration on that rom

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

AsosaYoung

Aug 11, 2010
So you have to be on a clean rooted 173 no cwm Recovery to do this on?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

arsmithsr

Feb 22, 2009
VooDoo failed me and trying to reroot with the 2 methods I could find out there. The type in terminal methd does nothing I get errors on both any one know of any methos to root ICS?

Ronin3178

Oct 26, 2010
VooDoo failed me and trying to reroot with the 2 methods I could find out there. The type in terminal methd does nothing I get errors on both any one know of any methos to root ICS?

Go back to .173 when you root make sure you update on the market. That's why voodoo isn't saving your root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

dropkinn

Jul 22, 2011
So here is the problem im having: i copy the file to the cache folder. go to voodoo root, temp unroot, then i go back to ES and the file isnt there in the cache folder, what am i doing wrong? thanks

razball

Jan 1, 2012
Tampa
So here is the problem im having: i copy the file to the cache folder. go to voodoo root, temp unroot, then i go back to ES and the file isnt there in the cache folder, what am i doing wrong? thanks

Don't temp un-root just protect root which is essentially backing it up if you temp un-root then you can't perform any root actions including going into rom manager I tried it five times then the op told me he said temp unroot on accident he was half asleep.

orcsbane13

Apr 6, 2010
Motocast not working after ics upgrade... Does Motocast work for everyone else.if so i will wipe and reinstall ics please let me know. Or please share what you did to fix the issue. Thank you.

Works just fine here. I did do a factory reset after upgrading tho so no clue if that's why.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dropkinn

Jul 22, 2011
Now, when it tries to install, the progress bar gets to around 30% and then stops, the icon behind the android turns to an exclamation point, and the phone reboots. any advice?

Ronin3178

Oct 26, 2010
Now, when it tries to install, the progress bar gets to around 30% and then stops, the icon behind the android turns to an exclamation point, and the phone reboots. any advice?

Press both volume keys during install to see status, you more than likely have some file not passing the stock check, you can see the file name and location then fix and retry.

Reactions: dropkinn

dropkinn

Jul 22, 2011
Press both volume keys during install to see status, you more than likely have some file not passing the stock check, you can see the file name and location then fix and retry.

THANKS
I had disabled an app in titanium backup. could you please send me the hotspotlauncher.apk ?

Last edited:

razball

Jan 1, 2012
Tampa
I did viciouses method finally and had to use the utility to boot to. 173 even though i was on. 173 it just needs super stock then it worked immediately. Soooo smooth and nice i love it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure you dont have any type of cwm installed
    The previous method no longer works so now use this method
    Method 2 I DID NOT FIGURE OUT THIS METHOD BUT THANKS TO Vicious on DROIDRAZR it works !!!!

Prerequisites:
    Root
    Es file Explorer
    Voodoo OTA Keeper
    Free version of Rom Manager

I recommend to do a factory reset before doing this

Procedure:
    1. Download the ICS leak from here
    2. Make sure the the system is writable in es file manager
    3. Copy and paste it to /cache
    It should look like this
    mail

4.Open Voodoo Ota keeper and backup root
    5.Go back to es file manager
    6. Click on the the zip that you put earlier
    7. A menu similar to this should come up
    attachment

8.Click rom manager and click reboot.
    9.After it installs boot into stock 3e recovery and wipe cache.

If you did for some reason lose root while doing this you can root again using this by AdamOutler
    Source: Droidrzr

1% Battery Mods
    customcharge3.gif

Battery mod

Will create more later
    Source: Droidrzr
    Just answered my own questions. I installed this via the OP and restored root with Voodoo with zero problems.

Now I have to get WiFi tether to work again.

Check like a couple pages back i was talking about it

straight from Motorola so you tell me....
    Lol no bugs hardware acceleration works and camcorder
    I did and it works fine

It'll never work. Those that have ICS on their phones from this method have magical unicorn dust in their asses..Period. No other way.

P.S. Screw Wednesday. I want it now, but NoOOoOOoo.

Well this unicorn dust is helping me a looooooot .... btw anyone have any idea on how to get tethering working in ics without having a data plan that supports it