[Q] Uninstalling stock Sprint apps?

Search This thread

weidnerj

May 24, 2010
I've used Titanium to uninstall a ton of the Sprint crap. But as soon as I reboot it redownloads everything.... How do we get around this?

Educated guess because it happens to me too, I would uncheck restore apps in the backup settings. Believe that the system thinks that the apps need to be reinstalled because they were backed up prior to you removing them.

Rangerbry

Oct 20, 2011
san jose
If you still have SprintID installed you can go in there and delete the Sprint pack it removes most of the Sprint bloat

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Sim-X

Nov 2, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
I've used Titanium to uninstall a ton of the Sprint crap. But as soon as I reboot it redownloads everything.... How do we get around this?

I did the same thing first night I got the phone. I would uninstall tons of crap apps and they all come back. The stock rom is secured and has system write protection enabled. The easiest way around this is to first s-off which you should anyway if your going to root. Next flash a custom rom or if you wanna stick with stock (I actually am staying stock for now to give the custom roms time to mature) then flash Captain Throw backs version over at themikmik. It's comes rooted out of the box and if you s-off you won't have any issues getting rid of bloat apps. Mine is squeaky clean. I couldn't believe how much crap they loaded it with. No issues with them coming back. If you stay s-on you need to flash a kernel patch which I did before s-off was available but I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thenags

Jul 2, 2010
S. Florida
www.the-nags.com
Damn. That didn't do it. Did a 100% clean install. Used Titanium to remove a ton of apps. Rebooted and they all reinstalled. Can't wait for someone to get GPE on this thing

Sim-X

Nov 2, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
Damn. That didn't do it. Did a 100% clean install. Used Titanium to remove a ton of apps. Rebooted and they all reinstalled. Can't wait for someone to get GPE on this thing

Did you apply the latest firmware before flashing? Here is the version I am using

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?16276-SPRINT-ROM-M8WHL-Stock-Rooted-Base-1-54-651-8

Firmware
http://themikmik.com/showthread.php...WHL-Firmware-Collection-LATEST-1-54-651-8-OTA

I applied my firmware via OTA update but it shouldn't matter. Something is up because it should work just fine.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thenags

Jul 2, 2010
S. Florida
www.the-nags.com
I did. Took the phone out of the box. Did every update available. Rooted. Then realized I couldn't uninstall the stuff. Then flashed Captains. Then tried again. And no I'm here lol