If you hate BlinkFeed...

Search This thread

aysiana

Jan 14, 2008
Milwaukee
Hey everybody. If you hate BlinkFeed like I do, here's how you can get it out of your way, this info came straight from HTC.

To turn BlinkFeed off on your HTC One M8, check this out: http://s.htc.com/1lrBnbX. To turn it off on your One M8, slide two fingers together while on the feed and tap BlinkFeed On to toggle it off.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zxhwk

Mar 22, 2008
Fortlaurdale Florida
You can also go in to settings/personlize/manage home screen pages and remove it completely or touch and hold to add widgets and turn it off there in the top left corner you will see a little blue square that lets you toggle it on or off. I think this is a NEW feature in KitKat . Because I am running the stock rom ust bootloader unlocked and rooted is all I have done so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: dizidi

hcal

Apr 6, 2014
I followed the instructions on the first link when googling "Google Now Launcher digital trends" Sorry, about not linking. I'm a new user here so I can't post link.

the PrebuiltGmsCore.apk and Velvet.apk seemed to fail install, but the GoogleHome.apk did install and everything seems to work. All in all, I've been enjoying it. I liked the Themer launcher too, but the Google Now Launchers always listening "OK Google" feature has been too nice to give up. I'm not positive but I think the Google Now Launcher is burning through a little more battery life.

How did you get the Google now launcher to work?

Reactions: robmart

robmart

Feb 14, 2011
Thanks! I keep getting parsing errors so I downloaded the apk to my computer and transferred it over. Works great!

EVOsean

Sep 2, 2010
Copperas Cove, TX
You can also go in to settings/personlize/manage home screen pages and remove it completely or touch and hold to add widgets and turn it off there in the top left corner you will see a little blue square that lets you toggle it on or off. I think this is a NEW feature in KitKat . Because I am running the stock rom ust bootloader unlocked and rooted is all I have done so far.

not seeing a blue box, just the edit box which merely removes the page

murf43143

Oct 29, 2007
I highly recommend Google Now Launcher for which you need to download the apk and side load it, as well as Xposed GELS to completely customize your screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everybody. If you hate BlinkFeed like I do, here's how you can get it out of your way, this info came straight from HTC.

To turn BlinkFeed off on your HTC One M8, check this out: http://s.htc.com/1lrBnbX. To turn it off on your One M8, slide two fingers together while on the feed and tap BlinkFeed On to toggle it off.

I followed the instructions on the first link when googling "Google Now Launcher digital trends" Sorry, about not linking. I'm a new user here so I can't post link.

the PrebuiltGmsCore.apk and Velvet.apk seemed to fail install, but the GoogleHome.apk did install and everything seems to work. All in all, I've been enjoying it. I liked the Themer launcher too, but the Google Now Launchers always listening "OK Google" feature has been too nice to give up. I'm not positive but I think the Google Now Launcher is burning through a little more battery life.

How did you get the Google now launcher to work?