[Q] Help with "rooted" Incredible with SLCD screen

Search This thread

joot

Feb 21, 2012
Hello everybody. I bought an Incredible with the SLCD screen. Droid Incredibles come with either amoled or slcd screen types. The newer Incredibles have slcd screens. Not knowing this Incredible had the slcd screen, I went ahead and rooted it with Kinsellea2's rooting tutorial vie a Mac here: [How To] Root 2.3.4/downgrade and Get S-off

Anyway, Clockwork Mod recovery does NOT work afterwards as this tutorial was meant for the amoled screen type Incredibles only. Now when I go into Clockwork mod recovery on my phone, I do see HBOOT but as for recovery, I'm seeing is a black screen with two white lines on both sides of the screen. No recovery, no backup, no restore, no nothing. To top it off, the phone does not read the internal or external micro SD memory cards anymore. It's saying both are unavailable with no space information.

Again, the phone is rooted with no S-OFF as I could not get Unrevoked 3.32 to work.

I need help to flash or restore a SLCD type screen Clockwork Mod onto this phone. Could someone give me advice how to accomplish this PLEASE ?

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
What android version, hboot, and baseband are you on at the moment? Could you also post a link to the thread you were folowing.

Your best bet probably is to just do an ruu and then start from scratch with rooting.
EDIT: Nevermind you said it wont see the sdcard. How are you trying to access the sdcard, with the phone booted? I would still try an ruu, its possible hboot will still be able to read from the sdcard.

Last edited:

joot

Feb 21, 2012
I've used Unrevoked method 3.22 and then 3.32 along with Clockwork Mod 5.0.2.0 to root the phone. No go as Clockwork Mod 5.0.2 is only for AMOLED sctreen types.

I can't post outside links yet. But can someone post a link to the RUU method for this phone ?

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
I've used Unrevoked method 3.22 and then 3.32 along with Clockwork Mod 5.0.2.0 to root the phone. No go as Clockwork Mod 5.0.2 is only for AMOLED sctreen types.

I can't post outside links yet. But can someone post a link to the RUU method for this phone ?

Cwm 5.0.2.0 should be compatible with both slcd and amoled. Its only the earlier versions that were screen type specific. If im not mistaken if its an incompatible cwm you will not be able to see anything, even hboot or the os when booted. Sounds like your cwm img file may be corrupt, i would not use that one again.

Are you downgraded to 2.2 yet or are you still on 2.3.4?

You can get the ruu here http://dinc.does-it.net/Stock_Images/4.06.605.3/PB31IMG.zip, and here is how to flash it http://pvillecomp.com/?page_id=79.

joot

Feb 21, 2012
Unrevoked 3.32 was not able to downgrade me to 2.2 I'm still at 2.3.4 I can boot to HBoot but I can't get to recovery, backup, restore screen. My screen is black with two white lines on the sides.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN

joot

Feb 21, 2012
cmlusco, I'm on HBOOT 0.92.0000. The guide you linked to was the exact tutorial I followed which got me to this predicament. Again, when I got to HBOOT and I scroll down to recovery, all I'm seeing is a black screen with two white lines on the sides. No menu selection like a normal recovery screen.

I did used Unrevoked 3.22 initially then the tutorial said to use Unrevoked 3.32 afterwards, which I did. During Unrevoked 3.32's operation, it gave me some sort of error and the operation stopped. That's when I tried to go into HBOOT and realize the black screen with white sides. What's weird is that the phone will not mount the internal and external memory cards anymore. That's the reason I can't use ROM MANAGER as it needs the SD card to be mounted. I can mount the cards thru recovery in HBOOT but I can't even get to that screen

joot

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks a lot for the advice and suggestions. After trying three days to root this phone, I finally got it rooted. Issue #1, during the rooting process the phone somehow lost connection, lost ability to detect or read both the external and internal SD card memory. I was able to solve this problem with the this procedure:

SD Card Fix

Press & hold vol down and power on the phone
Select fastboot by pressing the power button

ADB commands (from the command line in Terminal)

fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
fastboot reboot

Issue #2: I follow the tutorial exactly but somehow the phone never was able to turn s-OFF. I had to run Unrevoked 3.32 like five, six times before it finally was able to. During this whole rooting process, I've learned quite a bit.