[Q] S3 GT-I9300 unknown baseband, IMEI null/null, efs folder empty with no backup

Search This thread

Nabeel16009

Sep 28, 2012
Hi,

I am in big trouble with my new S3 (just bought last week from Dubai). I am willing and i promise to pay anyone 10 EUROS who help me solve this issue and also donate 10 EUROS to this site.

The phone is new, when i inserted sim card, no service. When i checked the phone, BASEBAND UNKNOWN, IMEI NULL/NULL, the efs folder is empty with no backup, so i am stuck with no solutions after 1 week.

Please, anyone can guide me so that i can get the phone back to normal??

Thank you,
Nabeel

Arsaw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
We buy a phone and it should work out of box. Send it back to service centre. You have warranty right?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

kofiaa

Aug 27, 2011
Accra
Did you buy it from a store or an individual?

Nabeel16009

Sep 28, 2012
We buy a phone and it should work out of box. Send it back to service centre. You have warranty right?

No warranty :(

The phone was bought from Cell one from Dubai and i live in Mauritius and i won't be back to Dubai anytime soon (Maybe next year).

kofiaa

Aug 27, 2011
Accra
So you bought the phone and you didn't use it in the country?!

Contact Samsung Dubai and tell them.

Nabeel16009

Sep 28, 2012
So you bought the phone and you didn't use it in the country?!

Contact Samsung Dubai and tell them.

Nope, i didn't try it because i trust this shop, my mistake :(.

I bought over 25 phones for the last 10 years and absolutely no problem, that is why i didn't find the need to check, also i was in Dubai for 1 single day, so i did not use the phone.

Is there no way possible to get this phone back to normal from home, I only have the IMEI info on the back of my phone. Also from the build number i can see the code IMM76D.I9300XXBLFB.

I also have the Kernel version, only baseband is missing under About Device.

kofiaa

Aug 27, 2011
Accra
Nope, i didn't try it because i trust this shop, my mistake :(.

I bought over 25 phones for the last 10 years and absolutely no problem, that is why i didn't find the need to check, also i was in Dubai for 1 single day, so i did not use the phone.

Is there no way possible to get this phone back to normal from home, I only have the IMEI info on the back of my phone. Also from the build number i can see the code IMM76D.I9300XXBLFB.

I also have the Kernel version, only baseband is missing under About Device.

Best thing you can do is try to contact Samsung Dubai, and find out if they can contact the Mauritius office.

Beatsleigher

Hi,

I am in big trouble with my new S3 (just bought last week from Dubai). I am willing and i promise to pay anyone 10 EUROS who help me solve this issue and also donate 10 EUROS to this site.

The phone is new, when i inserted sim card, no service. When i checked the phone, BASEBAND UNKNOWN, IMEI NULL/NULL, the efs folder is empty with no backup, so i am stuck with no solutions after 1 week.

Thank you,
Nabeel

Flash a stock ROM, from Sammobile.com, using Odin.. Or just download the BASEBAND, from the XDA website (This)...

muhammad.ali123

Apr 20, 2011
Check if you have nv_data.bak file in your efs folder.
In case you have try by making a copy of it and rename to nv_dat.bin. and fix permissions using efs pro.
If your efs folder is empty, you may need to change motherboard.

rophiroth

Dec 11, 2010
i have same problem XD... dont know how I end having IMEI null... usually users report 0000 imei... but null?! damn XD...

mownlain

Feb 7, 2011
Hi,

Thank you,
Nabeel

How to repair baseband on i9305 without any box?

Solution(Asansam box) :
Select model(is same by i9300)
press flash
download i9305 repair file
select repair file in pda
insert usb cable to phone(download mode)
press write flash
baseband repair successfully(press *#06# now)
ZIP PASSWORD : only asansam box

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Solution(odin) :
open odin Odin3 3.04
download i9305 repair file
select repair file in pda
insert usb cable to phone(download mode)
press write flash
baseband repair successfully(press *#06# now)
ZIP PASSWORD : only asansam box

rophiroth

Dec 11, 2010
I send my phone with the same problem to a local technical service, they use boxes to repair imei, and baseband (not eri dont know why) and the phone still dont get any signal... he check for any physical problem but nothing.

What could it be?

Top Liked Posts