XZ1's JDC Screen vs XZ1's low quality screen (sharp?)

Search This thread

jader13254

May 25, 2012
Hamburg
Sup Z1 owners,
Ok so I went to a store, and bought a Z1. Than I compared to the retail model. And this the result. Sony are you serious, you ruin everything.

Cheers,
If you want post your pictures

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387541439282.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387541439282.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 3,125
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387541517095.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387541517095.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 2,845
Last edited:
Reactions: mobde3

jader13254

May 25, 2012
Hamburg
My device (I returned already) is on left side obviously and looks sooo ****ty on the screen.
The other screen is awesome! Compared to note 3 its almost as good as note 3's screen :D

Morlock O

Apr 11, 2013
Mine is same as the right one. JDC screen model number BH904**

and the .537 (old) build has the optimized back light... the latest software updates doesnt have it anymore

scorpio_K

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai
Screen updates yes it was fixed but some changes gave yellow tint again.
I guess u have to wait for a minor fix.
Trying on debug mode wait.......

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda app-developers app

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
Yeah my screen looks like the right one, even a little better, your case is extreme dude

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

GavTheStoner

Feb 20, 2010
Exeter
Here's a comparison between the bh90f and cb512 the 512 has jdc screen the other has sharp.

Oddly the jdc is the left one, IRL it has nicer greys/whites and no yellow hue.

Attachments

• IMAG0001.jpg
    IMAG0001.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 1,087

sg1969

Dec 6, 2011
London, UK
I had good screen on 534
Became yellow on 257
Did a factory reset, and now fine on 257
Try it, it might work

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium

mystertom101

Aug 6, 2012
i just received my xperia z1 today in videos to me the display looked great it must be JDC displays in ever video because my device looks like the picture in the right i have been waiting to receive this phone for a while and now i can say the display does not look any better than my xperia s's i might have to go back to my s4 good thing i still have it i am disappointed with this display

aksmzk

Dec 11, 2013
Socal
wow, yeah that's what some of yall was referring to with the yellow issue.

Mine def does not look like that.

C6906 bought directly from Sony Store in Canada.

Reactions: ThePav

shteren

Jul 9, 2013
you are all seriously out of proportion, first of all, it's almost impossible to tell whether your screen does or don't look like a screen you see through a photo, perhaps your computer screen is yellow!

second it's much easier when you look at it next to another phone.

third, stop the bs, z1 has much better viewing angles than the xz, take one and compare other than that, it is no amoled, can't do **** about it, but when viewed from usable angle (and i mean an angle where you can use your phone, not one that you can see it) the screen is absolutly stunning.

this comes from someone who compares to other friends phone have a tad more yellow screen, perhaps...

Reactions: kantk20111

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
HTC Desire
Sony Xperia Z5
you are all seriously out of proportion, first of all, it's almost impossible to tell whether your screen does or don't look like a screen you see through a photo, perhaps your computer screen is yellow!

third, stop the bs, z1 has much better viewing angles than the xz, take one and compare other than that, it is no amoled, can't do **** about it, but when viewed from usable angle (and i mean an angle where you can use your phone, not one that you can see it) the screen is absolutly stunning.

this comes from someone who compares to other friends phone have a tad more yellow screen, perhaps...

In addition to what you said, the white balance in that OP shot, was so wrong into the warm scale that it is going to make everything look ten times worse than reality, although it does still show that there is in fact a difference, would have been good to know that your brightness on both were the same, because I am sure they were not, all shops I went to had the slider on max and the phone shipped doesn't so you would have to consciously have to make that change. Because I can simulate with one phone, just buy using the brightness slider the same as your opening post :p
I have a fully professionally calibrated screen and my phones white standard matches my screen almost perfectly, most people from what I can gather prefer a more cold white, if so +8 green and blue makes my Z1 similar to my Z and more close to the HTC One.

Last edited:

benziii

Mar 4, 2010
Lillestrøm
Both devices needs calibrating.
Maybe there is a different lightsource hitting on the right, but that one to me seems to have too much red in it.

The white balance app is up for grabs.
Someone who has two z1's in close proximity should try testing and see if they can get them to be equal, and if that fails, I'd be more inclined to believe there are that many "faulty screens"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sup Z1 owners,
    Ok so I went to a store, and bought a Z1. Than I compared to the retail model. And this the result. Sony are you serious, you ruin everything.

Cheers,
    If you want post your pictures
    wow, yeah that's what some of yall was referring to with the yellow issue.

Mine def does not look like that.

C6906 bought directly from Sony Store in Canada.

in videos the screen to me looked stunning now i have one it looks exactly like my xperia s the screen on my s4 is a lot better tbh but overall i prefer my z1 much smoother better looking and build

Ofcourse you do, the z1 is absolutly stunning, s4 is a toy...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    When is Zerolemon battery case for Sony Xperia Z1 coming out?

What a great example of 10 years old kid... WRONG THREAD!