[Q] No root/lost root after updating to Omnirom 4.4.2

Search This thread

ScarletCrimson

Jul 25, 2013
Hi,

As the title says, I've lost root after updating my i9300 to Omnirom 4.4.2. How do I go about rooting it again?

Phone is booting into CWM if I power it off and press Vol Up + Home + Power buttons, I do have a nandroid backup of my previous ROM, can I restore it through CWM without root? On the other hand, Titanium Backup is giving me the error that I don't have root.

I tried installing the SuperSU app from Google Play and selecting TWRP/CWM to install SuperSU binary, it says that it'll reboot into CWM/TWRP to update SuperSU binary. When I press OK, nothing happens.

Please answer the two questions above.

Thanks,

Last edited:

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Your question has been posted multiple times . Forum rules require you to search before posting .
Google <<< I9300 your search terms > xda

How do I go about rooting it again?
The same method see faqs and guides .

But i suggest you take the time to read the faqs and guides if you do not want to brick .

ScarletCrimson

Jul 25, 2013
Your question has been posted multiple times . Forum rules require you to search before posting .
Google <<< I9300 your search terms > xda

How do I go about rooting it again?
The same method see faqs and guides .

But i suggest you take the time to read the faqs and guides if you do not want to brick .

Thanks JJEgan. I did try searching but I couldn't find it, sorry.

Previous method I used was CF-Auto Root. Will it work again in Omni ROM? I was afraid it'll brick the phone.

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Previous method I used was CF-Auto Root. Will it work again in Omni ROM? I was afraid it'll brick the phone.

I see it is nearly 2 weeks since- and the other dude's answer wasn't helpful at all. I will write here so other people can see it.

On the N7100 I had the same problem and I had to install UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65 by Chainfire through CWM.
It is likely, that the i9300 needs a different file, but that will be described in the opening post Omni ROM for i9300

That solved the problem for me, after several attempts and rebooting.... :)

Reactions: ScarletCrimson

DjoeN

Aug 10, 2010
Planet Earth
I see it is nearly 2 weeks since- and the other dude's answer wasn't helpful at all. I will write here so other people can see it.

On the N7100 I had the same problem and I had to install UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65 by Chainfire through CWM.
It is likely, that the i9300 needs a different file, but that will be described in the opening post Omni ROM for i9300

Just get the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65 by Chainfire works perfect for i9300 on OMNI Rom 4.4.2

Mcordoba

Feb 2, 2014
Lost root after omni 4.4.2

Just get the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65 by Chainfire[/URL] works perfect for i9300 on OMNI Rom 4.4.2

Works perfect!!! If you had supersu installed, uninstall it, flash this file with Cwm install zip, reboot, install superSU and everything goes smooth. Thank you!

Reactions: uphall

2014rokas

Mar 21, 2014
Installing SUperSU update not enough for me

Works perfect!!! If you had supersu installed, uninstall it, flash this file with Cwm install zip, reboot, install superSU and everything goes smooth. Thank you!

It was not that easy in my case. I lost root after installing Omni too. I updated SuperSU via CWM, like suggested above, but this did not help. I was fortunate that I had devil kernels recovery, which kinda patches the CWM and adds some new functionalities. One of them is called Re-root system (CWM Superuser) in the devil settings menu. i applied this step, then installed superSU and just after this my device was finally rooted. Fixed!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just get the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65 by Chainfire works perfect for i9300 on OMNI Rom 4.4.2

Lost root after omni 4.4.2

Just get the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65 by Chainfire[/URL] works perfect for i9300 on OMNI Rom 4.4.2