[Q] ATT S5 problem with powering off after root

Search This thread

sincera4565

Nov 15, 2012
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and if my post is posted on the wrong area, please feel free to move it (and I apologize for any inconvenience)

so back to the problem that I have encountered: my S5 cannot power off properly after flashing G900F. I have an ATT S5 and I used towelroot to root, install Safestrap and did all the backup, setup a new rom kind of stuff. After that, I flash G900F to my phone (with all those wipe done correctly). My phone works perfectly fine but when I try to turn off my phone, it will do all the work but keeps in a black screen with the two button lights on. When I tried to turn on my phone then, it would not do so, so I believe it hangs at that black screen.

Did anyone encounter this before and know a way out? Every help is appreciated and sorry again if this post is in the wrong area.

Pete

sincera4565

Nov 15, 2012
Its a bug with safestrap. There's currently no fix other then a battery pull.

Thank you so much for your reply,
If you don't mind, please help me out on another problem: after doing all the process, my phone could not connect to my home wifi. It always got stuck at the "obtaining IP" process, is there a way that I could fix it as well?

Thank you so much for helping out this new guy!:good:

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
Thank you so much for your reply,
If you don't mind, please help me out on another problem: after doing all the process, my phone could not connect to my home wifi. It always got stuck at the "obtaining IP" process, is there a way that I could fix it as well?

Thank you so much for helping out this new guy!:good:
I'm really not sure there. No custom ROMs would let me use WiFi when I flashed them.