Sensation XE update Live in the UK

Search This thread

aidanski

Feb 29, 2012
UK
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I have just received the notification for the new ICS update. I recommend all UK users to check via About phone > Software updates > Check now.

Attachments

• 2012-03-09_19-00-16.jpg
    2012-03-09_19-00-16.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,058

LilChinchster

Feb 18, 2012
I'm on 02 as well, have been checking since the news yesterday but nothing so far, anyway to check if the phone is branded or not? Its on contract but I'm not sure if its branded

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

k0zmic

Jul 16, 2010
London
I think you can check with your CID but not sure how, otherwise if you have logos like the O2 animation on boot-up or operator specific apps i.e. 'bloatware' then it's likely to be branded.

If you got it on contract from O2 direct then I'm guessing it would be branded, if it was from somewhere like Dial a Phone but on a Vodafone contract for instance, it's likely to be unbranded.

LilChinchster

Feb 18, 2012
I think you can check with your CID but not sure how, otherwise if you have logos like the O2 animation on boot-up or operator specific apps i.e. 'bloatware' then it's likely to be branded.

If you got it on contract from O2 direct then I'm guessing it would be branded, if it was from somewhere like Dial a Phone but on a Vodafone contract for instance, it's likely to be unbranded.

Got it indirectly, so I think it should be unbranded, thanks for the help,
I would S-off my phone but I recently got it and I'm not very good with all this stuff so decided to wait and I don't even know what the implications will be for S-off

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Ota updates are rolled out by HTC - the operator only has a say if the ROM on the phone is branded

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: stewalker

jamiee6610

May 4, 2010
london
As far as i can see i got an umbranded xe from tmobile?
Just hope they have done a good job with this?

Last edited:

west2cool

Dec 15, 2009
Durham
Wats ur software version, cause I got mines 2 days ago, I'm not on elevate. Unbranded on T-Mobile

jonyid

Sep 14, 2008
I've got 1.50.401.1 unbranded sensation UK and nothing HURRY UP AND RELEASE IT HTC! Haha

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm on giffgaff which runs on the o2 network, and my sensation is factory unlocked, so I presume it is being rolled out by o2.
    Ota updates are rolled out by HTC - the operator only has a say if the ROM on the phone is branded

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I was on wat u r on and I got it

Anyone notice any battery life improvement on ics?

My update came through on Thursday afternoon, and whilst I am using an Anker battery, the battery life has improved dramatically for me since the update. 16 hours of usage today away from the charger, and it only dropped to 49%. Usually by that point it was complaining of low battery all the time. Big improvement.