[ROM|4.0.4][09-04-12]AOSP+|Vanilla(V1.0.1) & Neapolitan(N.8.1) Flavors|Source Built

Search This thread

sninkychan

Jan 19, 2012
Berlin, Germany
What camera issue? If it is green lines as mentioned before then what kernel are you using? Try a different kernel?

Oh, I had a "won't take pictures" camera issue which I assumed was what people were talking about, but it turned out to be transient. I must have missed the "green lines" comment, though I looked for references to it.

BTW, I'm on Nexus S GSM, and the ROM is working great! Camera too, now :)

noobiekins

Apr 27, 2011
Could you please somehow put in biggermem/crazier mem support into CNA rom and/or this rom? It would be amazing, thanks

Nov 7, 2011
Chicago
Tweaks

AOSP+

Info:
AOSP Source Built
4.0.4 IMM76D
Plain Vanilla Android
Tweaks applied
-Facebook Contact Sync (Romanbb, Thanks)
-Auto restore of Market Apps and a few more tweaks to make AOSP behave like OTA ROM.
-Otherwise all AOSP...

Do you mind elaborating on the tweaks? Are any tweaks performance based? Now that the official ICS is out for the i9020A, I am giving that a spin for a few days, but I am very interested in this plain vanilla as it compares to the OTA.

I have been using been using your ICS ROMs from the beginning (even before CNA), I appreciate all your work and the contributors (or should I say supergroup) that all come together to give us all a solid performer months before Google/Samsung.

Looking forward to CNA based off 4.0.4!

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
Do you mind elaborating on the tweaks? Are any tweaks performance based? Now that the official ICS is out for the i9020A, I am giving that a spin for a few days, but I am very interested in this plain vanilla as it compares to the OTA.

I have been using been using your ICS ROMs from the beginning (even before CNA), I appreciate all your work and the contributors (or should I say supergroup) that all come together to give us all a solid performer months before Google/Samsung.

Looking forward to CNA based off 4.0.4!

The tweaks are mostly enabling deep idle, market auto restore, the build.prop so it matches OTA better and the rest of the tweaks were made so AOSP acts more like OTA. Can't recall every one of them right now but nothing in terms of performance.

Thanks for the kind words :)

B

bedalus

AOSP+ fans, this ROM was benchmarked today, went in at #2!

Nice work,

Results here.

Pipusz

Dec 14, 2010
Budapest
One quick question: can I use the circle battery mod from the latest Bugless Beast or it'll only cause problems?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM|4.0.4][09-04-12]AOSP+|Vanilla(V1.0.1) & Neapolitan(N.8.1) Flavors|Source Built

AOSP+

Info:
    AOSP Source Built
    4.0.4 IMM76D

Vanilla ICS - Stock AOSP ROM
    Built from AOSP and when flashed with GApps it will perform like Google OTA ROM. This is for those who want an OTA ROM like ROM built from source. ROM has root, busybox and deodexed.

Neapolitan ICS - Built on AOSP with some of the more popular mods added. Check change log for features.

Web Presence:
    Twitter
    Google+
    IRC - Click HERE for browser portal or enter server: freenode.net channel #aosp+ in your favorite IRC client

Change Log:
    Click HERE for latest change log.

Install Instructions:
    Download ROM and GApps, links provided below
    Must have root and ClockWorkMod Recovery
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Data/Factory reset
    Install ROM
    Install GApps

Downloads:
    AOSP+ ROM Utility - Click HERE

AOSP+ ROM Utility is just like CodeName Android ROM Utility but for AOSP+. Download file, install as any other APK file, run ROM Utility and press "List Downloads" and select the files you want to download. When downloads are complete you will find a folder named AOSP_Plus on the root of your SD Card and this where all the files will be downloaded to. From there, follow normal install instructions to install ROM, GApps and whatever else for the time being while the ROM Utility is being worked on so it will have the ability to flash ROMs and other such files.

GApps - Click HERE gapps_ics_404_03042012.zip MD5 ed18717e80d9e409ce7c60e6d906e722

ROMs
    Nexus S
    • Neapolitan - Click HERE
    • Filename - aosp+_n.8.1_NS.zip
    • MD5 - eaf9356d7b76d9469ad8826434ee07c5

• Vanilla - Click HERE
    • Filename - aosp+_v1_NS.zip
    • MD5 - 5878a31c03c7006872ecdd35bd74c95c

Nexus S 4G
    • Filename - aosp+_n.8.1_NS4G.zip
    • MD5 - d3fc5bb22b3dc2055444a9122984782d
    • Mirror HERE

• Vanilla - Click HERE
    • Filename - aosp+_v1.0.1_NS4G.zip
    • MD5 - 085fd80d8f626ceb21a0a469ada51cbf

• Vanilla V1 to V1.0.1 Patch
    • HERE
    • Filename - patchv1_v1.0.1_NS4G.zip
    • MD5 - f8c8a696adb050972a9e6fa520f11a3a

Galaxy Nexus HSPA+
    • Filename - aosp+_n.5_maguro.zip
    • MD5 - efabff71c2ad329634f5343d6f20a852

• Vanilla - Click HERE
    • Filename - aosp+_v1_maguro.zip
    • MD5 - 9af6e6b0665321cb04d0fb44d895d6d9

Galaxy Nexus LTE
    • Coming Soon

Credits:
    Google, AOSP, Sixstring, Codenamedroid, Braway, Romanbb, CM, peteralfonso, xplodwild and all others that I have gained knowledge and source from.
    Einstein quote but modified a bit for this
    I am often worried at the thought that my Android development is based to such a large extent on the work of my fellow developers and I am aware of my great indebtedness to them.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you find this post useful :)
    Does this have a stock kernel too? And notification widgets?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

No this is plain AOSP with some tweaks to make it work like a Google ROM.

All other enhancements will be in Codename Android ROM and we are porting the all of the custom stuff into 4.0.4.

We are not going to be merging the 4.0.4 code to our 4.0.3 ROM. We will be porting all of our custom stuff into 4.0.4 so no old code is left in and we will have a fresh base...
    I am going to use the pete/aokp style status bar widgets so it should make everyone happy with the options to turn off and styles...

Gonna take awhile to finish but I have the base working...ROM will be out tomorrow or Monday :)
    I believe this rom should only include those things that will not affect speed and stability. I mean the whole point is to keep it as stock as possible.:)

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

I beg to disagree. I believe any rom should only include things that will IMPROVE speed and stability. otherwise, what's the purpose of customizing a ROM? Just sharing my thoughts. :)

Sent from my Nexus S

LOL...I agree with both of you :D

Happy Easter everyone. Maybe new ROM tonight...

Things I have added
    AOKP/Bugless style toggles
    volume controls for music while screen off
    Auto-dim backlight setting
    Enhanced Launcher
    T9 Dialer

and some other stuff...will get to more later but I want to finish up what I am working on so far and try to release tonight.

Have a nice day!
    Just make sure you update us here as well pleeeeeease. hehe..

btw, hope everything is sorted out in your personal life. make sure you treat that as priority. we flashers will always be flashin', but family is for keeps.

Cheers, mate! :D

The Nexus S is usually the first or second update I push...