AOKP charging while off

Search This thread

fryboy3k

Mar 8, 2011
Central Valley, Ca
I am on AOKP B31 without fast charge enabled but seem to have a problem with the phone charging when off. If I plug it into a USB or wall charger, both samsung, the initial battery screen will come on but after the screen turns off it will not turn back on. I left it there for 30 min turned it on and it showed 50% more battery. We all know with a samsung that is not possible. Just want to see if others are having this issue, or a fix.

Thanks in advance.

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
I am sporadically having this issue as well- Samsung charger, AOKP b31. I will play with it over the weekend and see if I can figure anything out. For the moment I am not seeing this behavior, but initially after flashing I did...

fryboy3k

Mar 8, 2011
Central Valley, Ca
I have not had this issue on any other THS or AOKP build and I have used a lot of them. The last one I was on was milestone 4 and it was fine.

Sent from my AOKP ICS captivate using XDA

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
Hmm, still doing it. Setting the Min CPU to 200MHz has not helped, as I have seen posted elsewhere. Charging screen turned off at some point, and when I booted up it was at 64% (from 7%). I'm not super worried about it though, seeing as how I flash like crazy and will not be on Build 31 for any length of time. If I get this on other builds or other Roms I will update again.

Edit: Build 32 is out, so I am going to flash and see if that resolves the issue. I am wondering is this is a kernel issue, as the Glitch for Build 31 was the first time I had switched from Glitch version 14 beta 6. Maybe I'll try the Semaphore kernel if the issue remains.

Last edited:

fryboy3k

Mar 8, 2011
Central Valley, Ca
I flashed 32 and it still is the same issue. Also tried the min CPU increase but nothing. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. My concern is that it will continue to charge after 100%.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
read the first post of AOKP. report bugs where it tells you to. they will not look here, or will they care if they do look here, if you do not follow their instructions for reporting bugs.

look to see if the bug exists, and if it is there, click the STAR to vote for the issue as that page says to do.

fryboy3k

Mar 8, 2011
Central Valley, Ca
I have read the OP but I did not want to flood the bug tracker if it was a problem already found or known. I did not have the 10 posts needed to post in the development section, so I figured start this to see if anyone had an issue. I know how much everyone hates the development thread being diluted with dumb question after question. I did report it on the bug reporter site.

P.S. - Thanks for your essentials mod, makes everything much easier.

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
I have been testing with both i897 and i9000 bootloaders. This may be a Glitch kernel issue, as I have flashed Semaphore ICS kernel 1.0.0 and have not seen this. Looks like there is already a bug reported in the AOKP page. Not a huge concern though, I think, because the phone seems to charge nevertheless.