[Q] HTC Logo with 4 triangles with exclamation marks

Search This thread

ratking

Aug 20, 2010
Hi Guys,

Was flashing a new Radio image with Advanced Hack Kit to my Desire HD and knocked my USB cable at about 80% in. Communication stopped and in a moment of maddness I pulled the battery and reset the phone. Of course I am now left with the HTC logo in the centre of the screen and a triangle with exclamation in each corner of the screen.

Attempting to boot into vol+ and power the phone but I get 3 vibrations and orange light flashing, after doing research this means Desire is in Qualcomm upload mode?

Having to remove the battery to get it to turn off vol- and power does nothing but power on and present the splash with exclamations.

Removing the battery again and turning on phone normally when usb cable is removed from device white bootloader screen shows but with no boot options, there is some information there:

ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-0.85.0024
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.09.04.11_M2
eMMC-boot
Apr 12 2011, 00:55:45

RUU

RUU is selected as default but cannot be chosen when pressing power.

Can anyone tell me what current state the phone is in as some people say this is a soft brick and others are saying proper brick go JTAG or send in for repair to manufacturer.

Any assistance on this would be great, I've researched it a lot but cannot find the definitive answers so now I'm turning to the pro's for help :)

Last edited:

richardrs123

Jun 26, 2009
leeds
hi i was stock on htc screen on my htc desire hd
after using the same program as you
i took my sd card out put it into my pc coped the following correct file on to the root of your sd card
mine was htc eu (simfree)
PD98IMG-GB2.zip file
renamed to PD98IMG.zip then booted to hboot then it did the rest
now i used the advanced ace again & worked this time
now have custom rom on with beats audio :)
hope it helps

ratking

Aug 20, 2010
i took my sd card out put it into my pc coped the following correct file on to the root of your sd card
PD98IMG-GB2.zip file
hope it helps

Thanks Richards123,

Mine was a little more complicated so here goes:

Fastboot was still working but it was very limited, ADB connection (normal usb) was not, so could not create a goldcard or use any S-OFF tools, the hboot was showing s-off but nothing could be copied, no eng-off? (not a full root).

After messing around with Qualcomm x64 drivers in an attempt to get adb to work (i saw this as being the crucial part of being able to go down the restoration routes that were popular, re-rom etc..

Eventually I was looking at websites on how to install the qualcomm drivers on Win7 x64, found the info that I needed (Qualcomm HS-USB 9002) and it installed as Com4, it was on the same page that I found the fastboot commands

'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0'

and then

'fastboot oem boot'

Desire restarted, showed normal white splash and has now loaded straight into the ROM, back to normal :D

Took me 7 hours but got there in the end, also using a different usb cable now ;) advise anyone who *thinks* they have bricked their HTC to not panic, if you can still talk to it with a computer with either adb (the best, definately fixable) or fastboot (slightly more difficult) then it is fixable, don't send it to anyone to fix, SEARCH the forums (like I did after posting this hasty post) and talk to the geekiest friend you have :D

This is why I have taken the time to type up my experiences/fix

frs2308

Sep 4, 2009
Thanks Richards123,

Fastboot was still working but it was very limited, ADB connection (normal usb) was not, so could not create a goldcard or use any S-OFF tools, the hboot was showing s-off but nothing could be copied, no eng-off? (not a full root).

After messing around with Qualcomm x64 drivers in an attempt to get adb to work (i saw this as being the crucial part of being able to go down the restoration routes that were popular, re-rom etc..

Eventually I was looking at websites on how to install the qualcomm drivers on Win7 x64, found the info that I needed (Qualcomm HS-USB 9002) and it installed as Com4, it was on the same page that I found the fastboot commands

and then

'fastboot oem boot'

Desire restarted, showed normal white splash and has now loaded straight into the ROM, back to normal :D

Took me 7 hours but got there in the end, also using a different usb cable now ;) advise anyone who *thinks* they have bricked their HTC to not panic, if you can still talk to it with a computer with either adb (the best, definately fixable) or fastboot (slightly more difficult) then it is fixable, don't send it to anyone to fix, SEARCH the forums (like I did after posting this hasty post) and talk to the geekiest friend you have :D

I had same issue on my sensation. IT WORKED for me too!!! Many thanks!

RichardPNL

Jun 1, 2012
PD98IMG-GB2.zip file
hope it helps

You don't know how much you've helped me! I have been trying for 12 hours now to fix my problem (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1685426), when I stumbled upon your solution. Many thanks (could only press once ;)) to you my friend!

Reactions: serialtoon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PD98IMG-GB2.zip file
    hope it helps

Thanks Richards123,

and then

'fastboot oem boot'

PD98IMG-GB2.zip file
    hope it helps
    PD98IMG-GB2.zip file
    hope it helps

You don't know how much you've helped me! I have been trying for 12 hours now to fix my problem (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1685426), when I stumbled upon your solution. Many thanks (could only press once ;)) to you my friend!