Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

J3bu5Cru57

Apr 29, 2011
Wisconsin
OnePlus 6T
Sorry guys can someone please explain how to transfer this clock mod to my HTC Vivid? Coming from the iPhone world and this would be something that would be SSH'd. THX. Did get WildChild ROM running though pretty sweet! Love this clock mod though.

Not sure what you mean. You need help installing the widget or porting the widget to your phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ealvinito

Apr 21, 2012
Chicago, IL
Not sure what you mean. You need help installing the widget or porting the widget to your phone?

How do I get the widget on my phone?

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

It's currently on my phone as a app??? I transferred it over with Astro. How do I make it a nice widget to take place of the stock clock widget? When I click on it.... it opens like a app, but how do I make it a widget???

boombotz401

Sep 9, 2011
northeast

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

It's currently on my phone as a app??? I transferred it over with Astro. How do I make it a nice widget to take place of the stock clock widget? When I click on it.... it opens like a app, but how do I make it a widget???

Add it like you would any other widget...long press on homescreen and press add widget

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ragnarokx

Sep 1, 2010
Southwest
Sorry guys can someone please explain how to transfer this clock mod to my HTC Vivid? Coming from the iPhone world and this would be something that would be SSH'd. THX. Did get WildChild ROM running though pretty sweet! Love this clock mod though.

If you have an HTC ROM, why don't you get the real thing? This is a replica basically. You should find a Sense 4.0 ROM, which will have this clock.

And to transfer files, just plug in your phone via USB. Android doesn't break functionality like iOS :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

J3bu5Cru57

Apr 29, 2011
Wisconsin
OnePlus 6T
If you have an HTC ROM, why don't you get the real thing? This is a replica basically. You should find a Sense 4.0 ROM, which will have this clock.

And to transfer files, just plug in your phone via USB. Android doesn't break functionality like iOS :)

True the real thing is better and recommended if you have the ability :D. His problem was getting the widget on his homescreen. I haven't had a HTC phone in years so I wasn't sure if there was a different way they use to add Widgets :confused:

boombotz401

Sep 9, 2011
northeast
I actually prefer this over the real thing....love the look...may even save on battery too...can't be sure.on that though

J3bu5Cru57

Apr 29, 2011
Wisconsin
OnePlus 6T
I actually prefer this over the real thing....love the look...may even save on battery too...can't be sure.on that though

Not sure on the battery either, but I would assume it's at least a little better as this widget is somewhat bare bones compared to the real one. I just miss all the great looking animations ( weather, flip clock, transitions, ect...) the real one has. The clock/weather widget is pretty much the only thing I miss about the Sense ROM, but it's been awhile for me since Sense with the Droid Eris :p. I'll be giving Team Vicious' Sense 4 a spin once it becomes more stable to see what I've been missing if anything. :D

phaze one

Jan 27, 2011
Seattle
OK so I lied in my last OP update about my versions being on hold. I took a crack at making a 4x1 version for those wanting a smaller version. I tried to make the landscape as good as I could, but there wasn't alot of space to work with. Speaking of which, on account of the small size and being able to work with different margins I couldn't include the High - Low temp and condition text without it looking crampt or the text being so small it was hard to read (for me at least. I'm somewhat blind :cool:). Hence the poll above the OP. I've made two versions, the first one has the high - low temp next to the current temperature and the second has the current condition next to the temp. At the end of voting I'll add the preferred version to the OP. Now if someone with better coding skills can get both on this widget while looking good and ledgeable (maybe by alternately fading in and out between the two or as an option in the settings (probably easier :p)), I'll add that to the OP instead (with proper cred). Enjoy.:D

Things to note - I was using a 5x4 grid (port and land) and didn't resize wanting to keep it 4x1 while assembling this. Deviating from either of these settings will probably result in the widget looking all funky. I'm still preparing to move so I won't be updading this like I was in the past for previous widgets. Also to note, the weather icon in landscape mode is as big as it would let me make it (increasing the dip would do nothing as I would prefer the icon to be larger too :().

Dope! Can you post that wallpaper as well? It kicks so much ass. Killer work, thanks!!

J3bu5Cru57

Apr 29, 2011
Wisconsin
OnePlus 6T
Snipping tool + Windows 7 + Google image search=Wallpaper

:D

Dang beat me to it.

Dope! Can you post that wallpaper as well? It kicks so much ass. Killer work, thanks!!

Grabbed it from one of Nordpolecamper and diske's wallpaper packs in his thread found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22074719. There are some pretty nice wallpaper packages there. :)

Sent bla bla GNex bla bla Tapatalk

Reactions: phaze one

hellothatguy

Apr 17, 2012
hey i was wonderin if u could fix the 4x1 because it downloads but when i put the widget it says problem loading widget

who MIKE D

Inactive Recognized Themer
Mar 13, 2011
Central, Florida
device20120501222109.png

device20120501222047.png

maxiv

Sep 24, 2010
Love those widgets, but can anyone please tell me why I can't see the weather forecasts?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 17-OCT-2012: My apologies for not being around this thread in a while as I am currently deployed right now. As it has been stated in posts the weather no longer works. I am looking into the code of the APK to see if its an easy fix, but as I stated earlier I am currently deployed so it might be a while before I figure it out and post a fixed version (If I can even fix it). Everything else works, so if you don't care about the weather aspect of it, feel free to continue to use the widget as I'll be leaving the apk's up. For those that do care about the weather aspect here are some alternatives I recommend to tied you over for the time being.

Beautiful Widgets
    Fancy Widgets
    One More Clock
    HD Widgets

Disclaimer: I am not the creator of this widget or the images used in it. I will try my best to give the correct credit to the correct personnel and link to their works original site. If I miss someone please let me know so I can add them to the credits section and if a dev doesn't want there work being used in this widget let me know so your work can be removed.

Was over in the Xoom Themes Board getting a Sense 4.0 clock widget.apk to put on my Xoom. After seeing it on my tablet I wanted to see if I could also install it on my gnex.

• 3 new versions: 4x1, ICS, and ICS Stock
    • basst's alarm and stock re-size functions included
    • higher resolution weather icons by VClouds and joshj132 included
    • Completely rearranged the landscape view to look like Sense 4.0's
    • can view in 4x2 size fully (except stock launcher.)

18204436-f654-95b9.jpg
    18204436-f68b-8504.jpg
    18204436-f6a4-e307.jpg
    a6f9c17f-423c-af9a.jpg
    a6f9c17f-424e-5570.jpg
    a6f9c30e-92ed-49b9.jpg

basst85's Version
    18204436-e2c3-3599.jpg

artvandelay440 Version
    a6f9c73a-0d1b-f217.jpg

Update - 4/24/12 - Updating my versions is on Semi-hold for a little while as I am in the process of preparing to move to another state. I'll keep the OP updated with other versions that people come up with. (Dang. Should have reserved the second post. Shows how new I am to posting. :p).

Things to note for 4x1 - I was using a 5x4 grid (port and land) and didn't resize wanting to keep it the 4x1 size while assembling. Deviating from either of these settings will probably result in the widget looking all funky. I'm still preparing to move so I won't be updading this like I was in the past for previous widgets. Also to note, the weather icon in landscape mode is as big as it would let me make it (increasing the dip would do nothing as I would prefer the icon to be larger too ).

Thanks for all the feedback and I appreciate the patience with me during this learning process. This has been my first time messing with things like XML, compiling, signing, ect... and because of you guys it has been nothing but a pleasurable learning experience for me.:D

Credit to:

Yngwie Malmsteen (Thread) for the original APK used.
    xvicedice's (Thread) for his help in getting this started.
    basst85 (Post) for his help in getting an alarm / stock resizing function working on this widget and for his version.
    artvandelay440 (thread) for his themed version used in his elegance theme
    VClouds (Webpage) For his nice weather icons
    joshj132 (Webpage) for extracting and sharing the HTC Touch Dimond Weather Icons.

My Screenshots:

Pic 1, 2, & 3:
    - ROM - MIUI 2.4.6 ported by Magiman and Project_Fien_X at MIUI.us
    - Wall - Pure Black & Bright Colors wallpaper pack by atticus182 (Thread)
    - Icons - Illest Icon Set Miuiv4 by kgill7 (Thread)
    - Dock - from the Genesis Experiment by Team Komminated at MIUI.us spliced into the Home theme from VA Aura by vukandric (Thread)

Pic 4 & 5:
    - ROM - ICSourcery 2.0 by Team Sourcery found Here
    - Wall - ICSourcery Wallpaper APK included in there ROM

Pic 6:
    - ROM - AOKP Milestone 5 by Team Kang found Here
    - Icons - MIUI-Metro by Delvien (Thread) & ICS Plates HD by solarus2011 (Thread)
    I've made the widget resizable on the stock Android launcher. See attachment for the APK.

Now it's oke for me :)
    My version of this widget. See attachments.
    Can anyone make a transparent with high/low temperature 4x1 widget?
    Thank you :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Hate to bug, but would it be possible for you to make a version of that one with the black bar transparent, similar to the bar on the themed Beautiful Widgets clock? That would make it perfect...

I already have the grey Version.
    I have to wait for your transparent version

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

Here are the 4x1 and 4x2 widgets w/transparent bar's as requested.

Note: I'm currently using MIUI 2.6.1 with MIUI's Launcher right now so its not 100% guaranteed to line up perfectly with other ROM's and launchers.
    Cheers for this boss i was wondering the same thing from the xoom thread ;)

Edit.. It is still a little odd for me.. Even with the same width grid and resizable widgets..
    c0947564-f9a6-340a.jpg

Sent from my mind control device
    Not sure why it would do that as the high/low temps are lining up perfect on my phone. try the attached file. let me know if there's a difference

the sun is a little big, but other than that, fantastic!
    attached with smaller weather icon. let me know how it is