[Q] Troubles with lg flash tool?

Search This thread

PROlific666

Jun 23, 2012
Crestview
Ok so if the answer to this question is already on this forum I searched for a hour and if you could drop me a link that would be great. Last night I flash v10k onto my LG thrill with no hiccups. The only problem is I want to go back to V20p because it changed to a O3D and all I can get is 2g edge service. So this morning I attempted to flash V20p and everything was kosher until it said there was a connection error. "Disconnect phone remove battery..." So i figured I needed to get the phone back into download mode in order to continue. The phone isnt bricked, however, I cant seem to get it back into Download mode to try again. Ive tried everything (that I can think of). Restarted my computer wipe all my phones data... My end goal is to have either v10e or the v20p. So I'm open to any routes to this end. I've read about doing a nandroid backup but all the links are dead. I've already decided I'm going to get the Galaxy Nexus and sell this phone if I can ever get it back to stock or semi stock. This is the second time I've had this connection error the first time it was during the update to GB and that time it bricked it. At the time I thought it was a faulty data cable, however, this time I was using a gold plated gigawire and it still did it... This coupled with the ghost call issue almost costing me my job(the reason for trying to go back to froyo) My experience has been buggy to say the least. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Kaleptik

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2009
www.acidhazardrom.com
Ok so if the answer to this question is already on this forum I searched for a hour and if you could drop me a link that would be great. Last night I flash v10k onto my LG thrill with no hiccups. The only problem is I want to go back to V20p because it changed to a O3D and all I can get is 2g edge service. So this morning I attempted to flash V20p and everything was kosher until it said there was a connection error. "Disconnect phone remove battery..." So i figured I needed to get the phone back into download mode in order to continue. The phone isnt bricked, however, I cant seem to get it back into Download mode to try again. Ive tried everything (that I can think of). Restarted my computer wipe all my phones data... My end goal is to have either v10e or the v20p. So I'm open to any routes to this end. I've read about doing a nandroid backup but all the links are dead. I've already decided I'm going to get the Galaxy Nexus and sell this phone if I can ever get it back to stock or semi stock. This is the second time I've had this connection error the first time it was during the update to GB and that time it bricked it. At the time I thought it was a faulty data cable, however, this time I was using a gold plated gigawire and it still did it... This coupled with the ghost call issue almost costing me my job(the reason for trying to go back to froyo) My experience has been buggy to say the least. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

So you want V20P or V10E?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II w/ DUAL BOOT: AOKP / MIUI

sissym73@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2012
I am having similar problems when I try as well. I have tried 5 or six times but tells me something about the b2c not loaded or a connection to the internet. Every time I hit "normal web upgrade test" it throws up a pop up and wont let me proceed any further. It has worked for me twice before, I got the no connection pop up and ignored it, but its not working this time. I set everything up the same from instructions on Acidhazzard rom web site. Please help...

PROlific666

Jun 23, 2012
Crestview
I had to change the port back to 80 and put the orig host file back in the ect file just to download the bc2app then change it all back it worked the first time when i flashed v10k... idk i would delete the lg drivers and everything then start from scratch if i could boot into download mode.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sissym73@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2012
I have been starting...

From scratch. I download the LG flash package and go from there. It does it every time I try. The times I got it to work, I would just hit cancel or OK on the pop up and then hit the OK button I was wanting to hit real fast before the pop up could come back up. I thought it may be a Windows 7 issue (cause I have seen people talk about it) and tried win xp yesterday. Same things happened.

PROlific666

Jun 23, 2012
Crestview
Im running Xp and Im having the same exact thing happen. I got it into download mode finally idk what was going on but now I just keep getting the communications error Ive tried the whole process (each one is like 5 errors) like 3 times now. If it keeps popping up before the update even starts then your probably need to change your small server port from 80 to 9002.

Last edited:

PROlific666

Jun 23, 2012
Crestview
fixed

Somehow after getting the com error 100 times with the flash tool I noticed it had changed my model number back to P925 (I don't know how it did this) I then decided to chance it (after I changed the host file back and changed the port back to 80 and closed the small http server) I went through the LG support tool and clicked start update. After about 20 min of uncertainty during the update and another 5 minutes of self-loathing after getting a bootloop on the at&t screen... I did a hard reset and cleared all data and wah-la... I got it back to V20p. :D But the flash tool wouldn't flash the v20p for me.. So if I didnt somehow get rid of the P920 model number and back to the P925 model number I don't think it would have worked the way it did.

Last edited: