[Q] Difference between 800Mhz Cortex-A5 and 800Mhz ARMv6

Search This thread

AGazzaz

Feb 13, 2013
Hello,
I already have a Samsung Galaxy Pro with a 800 Mhz Cortex A5 processor and I was looking up the Sony Xperia tipo and found that it has a 800 MHz ARMv6 I want to know what is the difference between the two processors.
Thanks.

bbrad

Sep 22, 2012
Lucedale
Hello,
I already have a Samsung Galaxy Pro with a 800 Mhz Cortex A5 processor and I was looking up the Sony Xperia tipo and found that it has a 800 MHz ARMv6 I want to know what is the difference between the two processors.
Thanks.

The arm6 will smoke the arm5 probably take more over clock and have a better graphics proccesor

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ichanic

sy224048

What? All the new phones are armv7,
And the majority of older and cheaper phones are armv6. Its a completely different thing from cortex. Cortex a8 is what's in the sensation and gs2, cortex a9 or a hybrid of it is in the gs3 and all the current generation phones, and cortex a15 is not in any phones yet but there are partially a15 based phones. Each generation is said by arm to be twice as fast and efficient than the last. Anything armv6 is probably old and won't be able to run as well as an armv7 device. However while they are related armv6 is not the same as cortex a6.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

craigboro

Apr 9, 2011
The arm6 will smoke the arm5 probably take more over clock and have a better graphics proccesor
Hello,
Thanks.

The ARM Cortex-A5 is ARMv7 and is newer and better than the ARMv6

The Samsung Galaxy Pro with ARM Cortex A5 has a faster graphics output and memory bus so will performe better than the Sony Xperia tipo ARM11-ARMv6

so Samsung Galaxy Pro has the better processor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ARM_microprocessor_cores

The ARM Cortex A5 ARMv7 is intended to replace the ARM11-ARMv6 for use in devices. Compared to the ARMv6, the Cortex-A5 offers the advanced features of the ARM v7 architecture over ARM11-ARMv6 architectures e.g VFPv4 and NEON advanced SIMD. It also allows devices to run current software

Last edited:

bbrad

Sep 22, 2012
Lucedale
wrong

The ARM Cortex-A5 is ARMv7 and is newer and better than the ARMv6

The Samsung Galaxy Pro with ARM Cortex A5 has a faster graphis output and memory bus so will performe better than the Sony Xperia tipo ARM11-ARMv6

so Samsung Galaxy Pro has the better processor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ARM_microprocessor_cores

Really are you fking kidding me you bring up this old thread for something that's already been established

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    Thanks.