[TESTING] Rootfs for Blackstone - new keymap (11.4.2011)

Search This thread

g3rm0

Feb 20, 2010
This thread is dedicated to enhance/optimize Blackstone button layout.

I've started this thread because I would like to test rootfs image made especially for Blackstone. For now it's about the new key mapping. We (the Blackstone users) were missing the "Recent Apps" menu until recently when Stickman89 made some progress in this area but unfortunately he retired. Now his rootfs is outdated and this is where I took over. My rootfs is a modification to the latest official one and includes the new key mapping. The goal here is to have "Recent Apps" menu AND power button fully functional at the same time (and possibly merge upstream when the work is done here).

Native Android device is required to have at least 5 buttons. They are: Power/Sleep, Vol Up, Vol Down, Home, Menu, Back. Our device has 6: Power/Sleep, Vol Up, Vol Down, Call, Home, Back, End Call. This means we can have all the buttons like in Android device only if we sacrifice Call or End Call. Call is also used to do BT voice dialing and I don't want to break this option when BT will be fixed. End call on the other hand is only needed to end calls and there are other ways of doing this (map power button in Accessibility menu or use on-screen End call). I've decided to have Home button acting as a menu and End Call as a home key (because it really doesn't change much except End Call is the real HOME now).

Here's how the new button layout looks like:
blac100keymapdone1.jpg

**UPDATE: 11.4.2011**

You can now have Home button working as HOME and End Call button being MENU. To try this simply add: physkeyboard=blac to your startup.txt cmdline. Without this parameter button will be mapped like in my previous rootfs (see picture above).
As a bonus I've cooked a new zImage + modules. Nothing really dramatic - just bringing JB's audio shuttering patch to the latest official kernel.

/UPDATE

[LEGAL BS]
THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS. IT IS VERY UNLIKELY TO CAUSE ANY DAMAGE BUT BE AWARE: YOU CAN USE IT only AT YOUR OWN RISK. I CAN'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO DATA AND/OR HARDWARE CAUSED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BY MY RELEASES
[/LEGAL BS]

Attachments

• BLAC100-kernel-modules-2011-04-11-1302528888.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 6,602
  • rootfs-4-11-2011.zip
    5 MB · Views: 6,965
Last edited:

g3rm0

Feb 20, 2010
TROUBLESHOOTING (if one step doesn't help - move to another):
1. Backup your data and delete data.img.
2. Format your SD card.
3. Use the latest official rootfs (if it's working report it here).
4. Try the latest Xdandroid release (other builds my not be compatible).
5. Find the setup (kernel/system/rootfs) that works fine.
6. If it's still not working - ask here.

Last edited:

Eodun

Sep 30, 2009
Barcelona
Been using this for days and no problems, it works great.

First times you have to remember to end call with power button, but the small call icon in notifications does the trick XD

Eodun

Sep 30, 2009
Barcelona
With your kernel + rootfs, I can't have geolocalization anymore on Froyo X red.
Gonna try the last "official" rootfs.

It's doubtful at best that if you change rootfs you can continue calling it froyo x red. This is based in stock FRX05 XDAndroid, which I encourage using.

Anyway, it works perfectly for me, try updating QuickGPS within WM before booting Haret

Reactions: jeanfrederic

hrk7474

Feb 2, 2011
These device-specific replacement files are totally the bomb!
I had been thinking about a special thread like 'How to make it work on a Blackstone', where we could collect quickfixes, workarouds and special files, but apart from the rootfs and kernel there's not much else wrong with the terrific FRX05 and GBX0A releases. The latter not even being beta yet!!!

MagicMans

Jan 2, 2011
Thank You Very Much for the rootfs..working great..
This is just a suggestion from me.....what do u think of making the real home button as the HOME BUTTON and End Button as Menu Button....and same for top button as sleep.....??

simplistian

Feb 19, 2009
Macau
The keymap works great on neopeek ROM as well by replacing the keymaps files to the install file before doing npkinstall.

g3rm0

Feb 20, 2010
here is the new rootfs with home key remap for blackstone...by Tiad8 (www.tiad8.com)

http://www.multiupload.com/QU64ZCHN8M

Threadjacking = way to go. I gave you guys instructions on how to update keymap on neopeek/tiad8 builds and this is how you repay me. This thread was meant to test changes so they can be used in the future official xdandroid rootfs releases.

BTW. The rootfs you posted is likely to cause issues because tiad8 broke compatibility with builds other than his own.

Reactions: tangty and nnikooo

hrk7474

Feb 2, 2011
OMG OMG it's &#*$(@# CHRISTMAS

here is the new rootfs with home key remap for blackstone...by Tiad8

Wow, so much for chivalry...
And what would we need that "rootfs...for sense hero" for when we already have a perfect one right here? And as g3rm0 already said, this thread is about that specific rootfs made by him.
Another thing, considering the 'issues' there have been regarding, well, let's just say it's not helpful spamming that stuff all over the place. There is a thread about tiad's new project, so it would be best to put anything to do with that right there.

kimtaei

Feb 8, 2011
Singapore
:eek: truly very sorry what i've done and the way i done wrongly, i only just wanted share something good that i've on my blackstone and didn't mean to be like that. it really gave very good battery life. please accept my apologies if i offended you. whatever i post to other i'll has your initial with it and appreciate you great work. again i'm truly sorry and wont happen again. :(

Threadjacking = way to go. I gave you guys instructions on how to update keymap on neopeek/tiad8 builds and this is how you repay me. This thread was meant to test changes so they can be used in the future official xdandroid rootfs releases.

BTW. The rootfs you posted is likely to cause issues because tiad8 broke compatibility with builds other than his own.

g3rm0

Feb 20, 2010
I've added option to choose Home and End Call buttons behavior. See the UPDATE section of the first post for details. You'll find the new rootfs and new kernel build there.

Reactions: hrk7474

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is dedicated to enhance/optimize Blackstone button layout.

I've started this thread because I would like to test rootfs image made especially for Blackstone. For now it's about the new key mapping. We (the Blackstone users) were missing the "Recent Apps" menu until recently when Stickman89 made some progress in this area but unfortunately he retired. Now his rootfs is outdated and this is where I took over. My rootfs is a modification to the latest official one and includes the new key mapping. The goal here is to have "Recent Apps" menu AND power button fully functional at the same time (and possibly merge upstream when the work is done here).

Native Android device is required to have at least 5 buttons. They are: Power/Sleep, Vol Up, Vol Down, Home, Menu, Back. Our device has 6: Power/Sleep, Vol Up, Vol Down, Call, Home, Back, End Call. This means we can have all the buttons like in Android device only if we sacrifice Call or End Call. Call is also used to do BT voice dialing and I don't want to break this option when BT will be fixed. End call on the other hand is only needed to end calls and there are other ways of doing this (map power button in Accessibility menu or use on-screen End call). I've decided to have Home button acting as a menu and End Call as a home key (because it really doesn't change much except End Call is the real HOME now).

Here's how the new button layout looks like:
    blac100keymapdone1.jpg

**UPDATE: 11.4.2011**

You can now have Home button working as HOME and End Call button being MENU. To try this simply add: physkeyboard=blac to your startup.txt cmdline. Without this parameter button will be mapped like in my previous rootfs (see picture above).
    As a bonus I've cooked a new zImage + modules. Nothing really dramatic - just bringing JB's audio shuttering patch to the latest official kernel.

/UPDATE

[LEGAL BS]
    THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS. IT IS VERY UNLIKELY TO CAUSE ANY DAMAGE BUT BE AWARE: YOU CAN USE IT only AT YOUR OWN RISK. I CAN'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO DATA AND/OR HARDWARE CAUSED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BY MY RELEASES
    [/LEGAL BS]
    TROUBLESHOOTING (if one step doesn't help - move to another):
    1. Backup your data and delete data.img.
    2. Format your SD card.
    3. Use the latest official rootfs (if it's working report it here).
    4. Try the latest Xdandroid release (other builds my not be compatible).
    5. Find the setup (kernel/system/rootfs) that works fine.
    6. If it's still not working - ask here.
    here is the new rootfs with home key remap for blackstone...by Tiad8 (www.tiad8.com)

http://www.multiupload.com/QU64ZCHN8M

With your kernel + rootfs, I can't have geolocalization anymore on Froyo X red.
    Gonna try the last "official" rootfs.

It's doubtful at best that if you change rootfs you can continue calling it froyo x red. This is based in stock FRX05 XDAndroid, which I encourage using.

Anyway, it works perfectly for me, try updating QuickGPS within WM before booting Haret
    I've added option to choose Home and End Call buttons behavior. See the UPDATE section of the first post for details. You'll find the new rootfs and new kernel build there.