[VIDEO GUIDE] FULL S-OFF ROOT for Evo SHIFT. Froyo (2.2) + Gingerbread (2.3.3+2.3.4)

Search This thread

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Thanks for the quick response. the Videos were for 2.3. and higher, right?
I am on 2.2, and is suppose to be a easier root. I did it before when I did the root last year.

Should I RUU (your methold) again, before they update the market to "play".
My thinking is they may black list the visionary.apk after the update.

I got it working now, thanks!

Video is directed at 2.3.4 users because it's a lot more difficult.

visionary is included in shift-rootkit.rar

If your on 2.3.4 there is a Script you can use. Indirect's Script will simplify Rooting. I've posted the Visionary apk several times. I believe once or twice on this thread. But I've attached it again below ;) .

Please stop directing people to other threads.

trying to root my wife's Shift. I think I can follow these steps pretty easily. Man there are a lot, wish it was more like my Epic 4G Touch with simple one clicks. Lousy HTC. Can't these all be wrapped into a single script somehow?

Anyways, does anyone have the original Visionary.apk to download? Google turns up the ModacoVisionaryPlusr14.apk. Are these the same?

Thanks guys, really appreciate the videos and help. Plus the list of ROMs is great.

make sure you are in airplane mode when using visionary

Last edited:

mmark27

Jun 16, 2010
Thanks for the information. I did find it in the rar after I opened it. Haven't started on anything yet, but just getting all my ducks in a row.

Thanks! It's great to see developers for this phone. I had no clue anyone else bought this thing. It needs some love over stock. I've tried to convince her for a year to let me fix this. She's unhappy there's not a fancier new slider available from Sprint. So this is option 2 and Cyanogenmod 7.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Thanks for the information. I did find it in the rar after I opened it. Haven't started on anything yet, but just getting all my ducks in a row.

Thanks! It's great to see developers for this phone. I had no clue anyone else bought this thing. It needs some love over stock. I've tried to convince her for a year to let me fix this. She's unhappy there's not a fancier new slider available from Sprint. So this is option 2 and Cyanogenmod 7.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

newsense!!!

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Another PM/Answer:

dipp02 said:
VICODAN,

Sorry for the PM. And you are prob. busy but my buddy flashed my EVO shift with cyanogenmod (cm-7.2.0-speedy.zip ) from this page: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=stable&device=speedy and it works but has nothing on my phone like i used to have. for example that is the main app is the voicemail app. i cant find it on the market because there are so many voicemail apps.

I seen videos of yours and i actually rooted my phone on Thursday using your post and videos and that was a huge help! I thank you for that. But now i have to flash my radio because the service i get is not good and i drop calls and most of the time when i send a text message that is over 2 msgs it will get stuck and say the "message cannot be sent"

I was wondering what exact ROM you have and how would i go about flashing it with what i have on here? because it looks like you had the same unlock feature. my buddy said that cyanogenmod is the best one to use but personally it has nothing on it and most of all it is missing the voicemail and the apps i had.

Is your ROM that you used built off of cyanogenmod? and may i have a direct link? with directions on how to flash the ROM? Do i just boot into recovery and format system, dyliex cache, and cache? Then install .zip and choose the ROM you have been using? or should i stay with this one and find all the apps im missing like all of googles apps, voicemail and some apps i used before i rooted but i forget most of them.

Thanks in advance. It would be great if you can point me into the right direction.

By the way nice to meet you and my name is Dipp.

Thanks again for all your hard work it has helped me get to where i am at now! and sorry once again for the PM.

Flash newSense. CM 7.2 is unstable. Make sure you do a full wipe before flashing.

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
trying to root my wife's Shift. I think I can follow these steps pretty easily. Man there are a lot, wish it was more like my Epic 4G Touch with simple one clicks. Lousy HTC. Can't these all be wrapped into a single script somehow?

Anyways, does anyone have the original Visionary.apk to download? Google turns up the ModacoVisionaryPlusr14.apk. Are these the same?

Thanks guys, really appreciate the videos and help. Plus the list of ROMs is great.

Wish it was that easy but the reason a script won't work with unlock tokens is because each device has it's very own that will not work on other phones. For example if I were to send you a unlock token for another device and you tried to flash it with fastboot it wouldn't work.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

Reactions: VICODAN

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Please stop directing people to other threads

Lets get a few things straight shall we. First off don't overestimate who you are. I am very simply trying to help fellow Shift users. End of story. Second your " Method " ( actually instructions ) is not the be all end all to Rooting a device. As for " your thread " , don't sweat it. If you would like I will no longer help anyone on " your thread " . You started it, so I will respect that. I will will stay off your thread. You can continue to choose who, how, and if they get help on your thread. Have fun playing King :p .

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Lets get a few things straight shall we. First off don't overestimate who you are. I am very simply trying to help fellow Shift users. End of story. Second your " Method " ( actually instructions ) is not the be all end all to Rooting a device. As for " your thread " , don't sweat it. If you would like I will no longer help anyone on " your thread " . You started it, so I will respect that. I will will stay off your thread. You can continue to choose who, how, and if they get help on your thread. Have fun playing King :p .

I just don't want users getting confused, that's all. I never said "stay out of my thread". I appreciate your help.

tomp517

Jan 13, 2010
Sig Error 132

Every time I try to unlock the bootloader using HTC's method i click on Evo 3d sprint follow the direction and all but after it resets and gets ready to start erasing data, i get error 132 signature error please get correct ROM Update Utility and try again. I've tried multiple times with no success. plz help

Edit: Got it to work

Last edited:

tomp517

Jan 13, 2010
Stuck on step 17 on the 2.3.4 process. i cant get the code to work. Im coping it correctly.

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Stuck on step 17 on the 2.3.4 process. i cant get the code to work. Im coping it correctly.

Did you get the unlock code? It's easy to paste it incorrectly (there can be spaces when it's pasted when sent to and receiving it from HTC and copying it from HTC's email).

So if you got it from HTC copy it into notepad and remove the spaces. (Usually one space on the left side of each line).

If you got an unlock code from HTC then you definitely SENT the code to HTC properly. If you can't unlock the using the code you got FROM HTC you're pasting it wrong in to the command prompt/terminal.

Reactions: tomp517

tomp517

Jan 13, 2010
Yes its on the root of my sdcard.
And i already did the pasting of the htc code they sent. That all went well im rooted with the clockwork recovery. Im now stuck on flashing the misc.img using the following command via terminal emulator. I type the following code "dd if=/sdcard/misc.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17" in but it says its not recognizing it. My android folders is on my C: drive so im doing everything else correctly just 17 is stumping me.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Did you get the unlock code? It's easy to paste it incorrectly (there can be spaces when it's pasted when sent to and receiving it from HTC and copying it from HTC's email).

So if you got it from HTC copy it into notepad and remove the spaces. (Usually one space on the left side of each line).

If you got an unlock code from HTC then you definitely SENT the code to HTC properly. If you can't unlock the using the code you got FROM HTC you're pasting it wrong in to the command prompt/terminal.

Did you make sure to place the misc.img on the Root of the SC Card?

And i already did the pasting of the htc code they sent. That all went well im rooted with the clockwork recovery. Im now stuck on flashing the misc.img using the following command via terminal emulator. I type the following code "dd if=/sdcard/misc.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17" in but it says its not recognizing it. My android folders is on my C: drive so im doing everything else correctly just 17 is stumping me.

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com

Um, it kinda sounds like adb is not in your path command line or you need to cd to the same folder where adb and fastboot are at which by default for the sdk is in the platform-tools folder. For example mine is just simply C:\Android\platform-tools. Since adb is in my command path I don't have to cd but you may need to cd C:\Android\platform-tools or whatever the path to your android sdk is.

Also Vicodan I found out you don't need root to flash misc.img. once you flash the recovery you can boot straight into recovery, type adb shell and it gives you root access with the "#" symbol ;)
Then run # mount /sdcard
In order to be able to flash the misc.img from the sdcard.

Once you do that just make sure PG06IMG.zip is on the root of sdcard (transfer over in recovery if need be), then pull the battery to boot into bootloader to downgrade. Saves an extra step of having to boot up with root just to loose it all over again after the downgrade.

Last edited:

tomp517

Jan 13, 2010
Ive tried that idk. this is making me very frustrated. I have rooted many phones and never had this much trouble.
Can some one please tell me what command to type. Ive been doing adb commands in recovery with no problem. But getting this misc file is hard.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Ive tried that idk. this is making me very frustrated. I have rooted many phones and never had this much trouble.
Can some one please tell me what command to type. Ive been doing adb commands in recovery with no problem. But getting this misc file is hard.
Everything is in my C:\android (adb, adb..., and fastboot)

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Thanks for every ones help i got the command to find the misc file but it didnt not go back to 2.2 so i give up. im ready to breakthis dumb phone. lol

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Everything is in my C:\android (adb, adb..., and fastboot)

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Thanks for every ones help i got the command to find the misc file but it didnt not go back to 2.2 so i give up. im ready to breakthis dumb phone. lol

Unlock code is supposed to be on your computer not on the phone. You run fastboot from command prompt on your computer dude.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -1) Check your phone's version in settings -> About phone.

2.2: Whew! Life is easy, skip to the bottom of this thread for rooting 2.2 after completing the prerequisites.

2.3.3: Skip to the 2.3.3 section after completing the prerequisites.

2.3.4: Follow every step from step 0. Skip 2.3.3 section.

PREREQUISITES:

0) A PRECAUTIONARY THING TO NOTE: YOU WILL BE ON BASEBAND 1.07 AND WIMAX 27167 AFTER ROOTING! YOU SHOULD FLASH 1.08.01.0111 AND WIMAX 27240 AFTER ROOTING. ALSO NOTE THAT BEFORE YOU FLASH THE RADIOS MAKE SURE YOU ARE STILL ON STOCK 2.2 TO AVOID BOOT CORRUPTION AND MORE WORK. AFTER FLASHING THE RADIOS YOU SHOULD REFLASH CLOCKWORK RECOVERY, WIPE CACHE, WIPE DALVIK, FORMAT /SYSTEM, WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET AND REFLASH YOUR ROM OF CHOICE!

1) Install HTC Sync and Android SDK with platform tools so you have adb!

Android SDK available HERE:
    http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

INSTALL PLATFORM-TOOLS ONLY!

HTC Sync available HERE (only needed on windows):
    http://dl4.htc.com/setup_3.0.5557.exe

DOWNLOAD THE Shift rootkit here EVERYONE NEEDS THIS:

MIRROR1:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tjnn1b
    MIRROR2:
    http://d-h.st/m8U
    MIRROR3 (BROKEN RIGHT NOW):
    http://www.goo-inside.me/roms/VICODAN/shift-rootkit.rar

2) Check your phone's Android version. If 2.2 skip to rooting Android 2.2 section. If 2.3.4 continue to the next step. If 2.3.3 skip to 2.3.3 section.

WARNING: THIS VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY AND YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA IN UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER

3) Watch these 4 videos before starting:

Here are all 4 video howtos on rooting from 2.3.4:

===============================================

ROOTING ANDROID 2.3.4:

3) Be running stock 2.3.4 latest OTA update from HTC

4) Register at htcdev.com

5) Unlock the bootloader by choosing HTC Evo 3D for Sprint and follow instructions

6) Once you have unlocked bootloader flash clockwork recovery by downloading the following file:

http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-speedy.img

Place file in adb "platform-tools" folder.

From the adb folder run "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-speedy.img"

7) adb reboot recovery

8) You will see the beautiful clockwork recovery screen.

9) Goto mounts/storage, mount usb storage

10) Download su from the following location:

http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip

11) Go back, install zip from sdcard, choose the superuser zip.

12) Reboot, open market, search for super user and install it.

13) Open superuser app go to preferences and choose update su binary.

14) Download terminal emulator and run "su" to test if you have root. $ should turn to #.

15) Place misc.img and PG06IMG.zip on sdcard using windows explorer or "adb push /sdcard/file.xxx" via usb. Again, please note that PG06IMG.zip is case sensitive.

16) Unplug the phone from USB.

17) Remove the battery cover and flash misc.img using the following command via terminal emulator or you can use adb shell with the phone hooked up via USB. Personally I feel more comfortable running this from terminal emulator on the phone:

Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/misc.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
    and press enter.

18) REMOVE THE BATTERY WITHOUT SHUTTING DOWN THE PHONE as soon as you run the misc.img command. DO NOT SHUTDOWN OR POWER OFF.

19) Hold volume down button and hold the power button for one second and release while still holding the volume down button.

Phone should find PG06IMG.zip and RUU to Android 2.2. From here you can flash engineering s-off bootloader. For instructions on flashing the engineering s-off bootloader skip to the rooting Android 2.2 section.

Again before you ask, make sure you have a freshly formatted FAT32 microSD card. If your phone can't find the zip, you are doing something wrong, your SD card isn't formatted in FAT32, you aren't using CWM, or you need to try another SD card.

You will have to manually upgrade to the new cellular radio after obtaining s-off and downgrading to Froyo again.

Radio flashing instructions here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1479466

=================================================================================================================================================

ROOTING ANDROID 2.3.3:

Note: If you are running Android 2.3.3 YOU MUST follow the instructions below to get downgraded to 2.2 and from 2.2 you can get full s-off root!

1) (ANDROID 2.3.3 ONLY) Obtain temproot using Fre3vo:

Code:
    TEMP ROOT Instructions:

Download http://tinyw.in/1lI

Unzip if required and put in your ADB folder

Launch command prompt (or terminal on mac/linux) and navigate to your ADB PLATFORM-TOOLS folder (note: ALL FILES MUST BE COPIED TO THE PLATFORM-TOOLS FOLDER)

1) adb push fre3vo /data/local/tmp/ 

2) adb shell

3) chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo

/data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start fbb58a00 -end FFFFFFFF (if this doesn't work, try rebooting phone)

Download these 2 files here and put them in your ADB directory:

su-3.0-alpha7:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?81pxf3wp4pnhh1k
    Superuser3-beta1.apk:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4djxewue85lgl0c

or here if link is broken:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=14927732#post14927732

Code:
    TEMP ROOT Instructions (continued):

Exit back to command prompt if you aren't there already

adb push Superuser3-beta1.apk /data/app/

adb push su-3.0-alpha7 /data/local/tmp

adb shell (should now see # instead of $)

cd /data/local/tmp

chmod 777 su-3.0-alpha7

./su-3.0-alpha7

cd /

mount -o remount,rw -t rootfs rootfs /

rm vendor

mkdir vendor

mkdir vendor/bin

cat /data/local/tmp/su-3.0-alpha7 > /vendor/bin/su

chmod 4755 /vendor/bin/su

You now have temp root. Disregard any notification about outdated SU binary. Root will go away if you reboot. If you reboot your phone you can obtain root again by just running the following

adb shell
        chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo
        /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start fbb58a00 -end FFFFFFFF
        adb shell (should now see # instead of $)
        cd /data/local/tmp
        chmod 777 su-3.0-alpha7
        ./su-3.0-alpha7
        cd /
        mount -o remount,rw -t rootfs rootfs /
        rm vendor
        mkdir vendor
        mkdir vendor/bin
        cat /data/local/tmp/su-3.0-alpha7 > /vendor/bin/su
        chmod 4755 /vendor/bin/su

2) To check that you have temp root run "adb shell" and you should get a #. Be sure to check your phone for a super user confirmation when running adb shell to allow it. If you don't get one and get # instantly that's fine.

3) Exit adb and mount your phone's sdcard as USB storage.

4) Copy misc.img to the phone via windows explorer/finder/etc.

links to misc.img here:

http://www.box.net/shared/0l8ex73zne0tfr10ob69
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15373824/misc.img
    MD5Sum: c88dd947eb3b36eec90503a3525ae0de

5) Unplug your phone from the computer

6) Download terminal emulator from market, type "su" and go from $ to #

7) After you get # in terminal emulator type the following:

Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/misc.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
    and press enter.

8) Once this is done you are ready to downgrade to 2.2

9) 2 ways to downgrade to 2.2. RUU or PG06IMG.zip.

a) RUU is slower, but easier
    b) PG06IMG.zip might not work on a lot of sdcards.

Anyways here are the instructions on downgrading to 2.2 if you don't want to run RUU

1) Copy PG06IMG.zip to the SDcard via windows explorer/finder/etc just like the misc.img.

2) Using adb type "adb reboot bootloader" and IMMEDIATELY UNPLUG PHONE FROM USB

3) The phone will reboot. Select bootloader by pressing the power button. The phone will search for a few files and will eventually find PG06IMG.zip REMEMBER THE FILENAME IS CaSe SEnSiTiVE AND THE ".ZIP" PART MUST BE LOWER CASE. SO FILENAME SHOULD BE EXACTLY PG06IMG.zip

If the you see a status bar on the top right corner of the screen it has found the file.

4) If your phone cannot find the PG06IMG.zip check filename case sensitivity and/or try a different sdcard and/or download of the file was corrupted.

JUST RUN FROYO RUU. IT'S EASIER IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE THIS OUT.

5) Press volume up to accept the update and come back to your phone in 15 mintes. It should tell you to press the power to key to reboot. Once it does that you are now on Android 2.2 and can do the normal root steps from the bcnice guide (which I will write out here anyway).

Official ruu file for downgrading to 2.2 - http://www.multiupload.com/15N2D30H6C MD5SUM: a4b880954d2ac29d5bdf0dade9dede3c

PG06IMG for hboot downgrading to 2.2 -

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41040697/PG06IMG.zip
    Mirror for PG06IMG - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15373824/PG06IMG.zip
    Mirror for PG06IMG: http://dev-host.org/xmlaaco0s2ph/PG06IMG.zip
    MD5SUM: d20be478fd860b80f5e800c958f79077

====================================================

ROOTING ANDROID 2.2:

1) Download this file (shift-root.zip) http://www.mediafire.com/?h568sgdmkb1dkis
    mirror: http://www.multiupload.com/VZOSJHIZYA

2) Extract it to the root of the sdcard of your phone

3) GET TEMPROOT USING VISIONARY, NOT Z4ROOT. I HAD PROBLEMS WITH Z4ROOT.

Visionary instructions:

a) Go to phone settings and allow installation from unknown sources and enable USB debugging.

b) Download visionary at the following link:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1974858134/com.modaco.visionaryplus.r14.apk

c) Copy the visionary apk file you just download to the same folder as adb..
    (i.e. C:\program files\android-sdk\platform-tools)

d) run adb install -r com.modaco.visionaryplus.r14.apk

e) Should work. If you do not see the app, reboot your phone.

f) After phone reboots run visionary, get temproot.

g) run adb shell, and then then run the command "su" (without quotes) and look at your phone. Click allow for the superuser prompt and then verify $ goes to #

h) move on to next step, do not exit adb shell yet

4) Verify md5sum of hboot bin files from shift-root.zip

Run the following commands with adb shell:

Code:
    md5sum /sdcard/hboot_orig.bin
    md5sum /sdcard/hboot_eng.nb0

386c19451e8dd18f9b98fad6b11be4c0 hboot_orig.bin
    60ec1006e6ec2e8acb370d6aad35b17e hboot_eng.nb0

WARNING: If these do not match do not continue redownload the files then check the md5's again

6) If md5sum's match run this command:

DO NOT FAT FINGER THIS COMMAND. YOU COULD BRICK YOUR PHONE. I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS.

Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/hboot_eng.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18

You just flashed the eng spl!!! Now lets make sure it took.

7) Check the md5 of new flash hboot and restore if necessary. Run this command to pull the newly flashed hboot to your sdcard

Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 of=/sdcard/hboot_check.nb0

now we check the md5 to see if it matches

Code:
    md5sum /sdcard/hboot_check.nb0

It should read 60ec1006e6ec2e8acb370d6aad35b17e

8) If the md5sum matches then congratulations its safe to reboot!! Before you do reboot please make sure you run rm /sdcard/PG06IMG.zip

Check hboot and perm root!

1) ok now reboot your phone into bootloader by running "adb reboot bootloader" or by removing the battery and reinserting it then hold the vol down button and press the power button.

3) Look at the top and make sure it says s-off

4) If so reboot the phone back into android

5) put the phone into airplane mode

6) Temp root with visionary (again)

7) After temp root then attempt to perm root with Visionary

8) Your phone will reboot and you are now officially perm rooted any changes you make will now stick on reboot

9) Download Rom manager from market and flash latest clockwork recovery (USE WIFI).

10) adb reboot recovery (or use ROM manager) to get into recovery and flash your ROMs! (Basic instructions and links below). But there you go! Enjoy!

HOWTO flash a ROM:

1) Download ROM zip file, copy to phone and boot in to clockwork recovery.

2) If AOSP you will want to wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, advanced wipe dalvik cache, and wipe /system and /data. Then you will want to choose "install zip from sdcard", flash aosp rom zip file, and flash gapps zip. You should also flash a custom kernel if you plan on doing so during this step.

3) If flashing SENSE based ROM, just flash the zip file. If you want to flash a custom kernel I recommend dodge kernel 1.6, flash this right after you flash the ROM zip file. Follow the same steps as AOSP for wiping cache,dalvik, etc. Before flashing rom.

4) Reboot phone, wait 10 minutes, and enjoy!

BACKING UP YOUR PHONE:

2 methods. You should use BOTH.

1) TITANIUM BACKUP available from market. PURCHASE the full version. WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

2) NANDROID from Clockwork recovery.

a) boot in to recovery
    b) goto backup and restore
    c) run backup

Links to popular ROMS that are in current development:

AOSP:

UKE (Ultimate kanged edition)
    http://forum.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=17393.0

Cyanogenmod 7 stable:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1297572

Cyanogenmod 7 nightlies + changelog:
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=speedy

Cyclonic
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1257777

MIUI (no 4g)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1337185

SENSE:

Supreme Sense
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1201233

Mikshifted-G
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1150481

gingerbread-shift-deck
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1092261

Synergy
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1237957

NFX.Speedy.Kingdom
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1316368

Latest google apps:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1311342

RADIOS

CELLULAR:

1.07:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=934285

1.08:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1082192

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1479466

WIMAX:

27167:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=934287

27240:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1082192

EVO SHIFT WIKI
    http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_Speedy

More howto's coming to this thread later.

credits:
    toastcfh
    bcnice20
    otaking71
    ScaryGhoul
    newkidd
    dodgecjr
    JoeyKrim
    crump84
    ChaoticSheep
    riggsAndroid
    ariel_
    CrashV2010
    sparksco
    strapped365

#htc_evo_shift

whoever the hell else
    Just a heads up man, a couple of the old links you posted are dead.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Um, it kinda sounds like adb is not in your path command line or you need to cd to the same folder where adb and fastboot are at which by default for the sdk is in the platform-tools folder. For example mine is just simply C:\Android\platform-tools. Since adb is in my command path I don't have to cd but you may need to cd C:\Android\platform-tools or whatever the path to your android sdk is.

Also Vicodan I found out you don't need root to flash misc.img. once you flash the recovery you can boot straight into recovery, type adb shell and it gives you root access with the "#" symbol ;)
    Then run # mount /sdcard
    In order to be able to flash the misc.img from the sdcard.

Once you do that just make sure PG06IMG.zip is on the root of sdcard (transfer over in recovery if need be), then pull the battery to boot into bootloader to downgrade. Saves an extra step of having to boot up with root just to loose it all over again after the downgrade.
    Good God, why are you guys still going without a one click root? Got enough steps in the OP there? I dont want to sit here for an hour and watch this guy fumble his camera over 4 videos. Christ O mighty

If it is that big of a deal, why are you not creating it yourself? Is it because you do not have the ability to? Because you lack the skills required to do so? Exactly, you are here to sponge off everyone else s hard work just like the majority of people here, so stfu already and go back into your hole. Quit your whining and crying unless you are ready to step up to the plate and do something constructive.
    Are you starting to feel like a broken record lol? I mean how hard can it be to watch videos, and have a ton of people trying to help? :rolleyes:

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

:angel: :rolleyes:

prolly gunna go through the entire thrad and add a faq