Possible to repartition a Galaxy Nexus?

Search This thread

crfrank

Jul 20, 2010
Sorry if this has been asked before (did a search but couldn't find anything) but is it possible to repartition a GN? I understand this would probably involve a custom loader (which is how I did it on an old HTC a few years ago) and was wondering if there were any out there? The reason I'm asking is that like quite a few other Nexus owners it's getting to the point with some ROMs (like CM 11.1) with GApps packages (like PA GApps) the /system partition is now too small to accommodate both. Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a Nexus 5 - something I'm loathe to do as my Galaxy Nexus is still going strong and been a damn good phone...

Thanks for your time,

Charles.

pattyboi:)

Aug 5, 2013
charleroi PA
Sorry if this has been asked before (did a search but couldn't find anything) but is it possible to repartition a GN? I understand this would probably involve a custom loader (which is how I did it on an old HTC a few years ago) and was wondering if there were any out there? The reason I'm asking is that like quite a few other Nexus owners it's getting to the point with some ROMs (like CM 11.1) with GApps packages (like PA GApps) the /system partition is now too small to accommodate both. Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a Nexus 5 - something I'm loathe to do as my Galaxy Nexus is still going strong and been a damn good phone...

Thanks for your time,

Charles.
use a different gapps package man,i use the famigo gapps,aroma installer so you can pick whats installed and save alot of space

pattyboi:)

Aug 5, 2013
charleroi PA
Yeah, in the end I went to AOKP and their KK GApps package - still, it shows the phone it getting a bit old now :( Hence the comment about maybe upgrading...
Yeah man I know how you feel :/ I wouldn't mind a upgrade myself,I can't personally say my storage is limited tho,on vanir I still have around 300mb free in /system ,I mean a upgrade might be all around better,but the gnex is still honestly a decent phone,especially compared to some phones I've used lol