Unlocking bootloader

Search This thread

mushtafa

Aug 19, 2011
West Sussex, UK
I've just been doing some reading/research regarding the bootloader. I found this page on Sony website: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions

I followed these instructions:
First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your device by checking the service menu. In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu. If you have a tablet, click here to learn how access the service menu.
In your device, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

Mine says it cannot be unlocked. Why is this? Will it ever be able to unlock it?

RRSoftware

Jun 13, 2011
gfp.rrsoftware.de
Last edited:

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
From Vodafone UK, not sure about sim lock

you can find the sim lock status in service menu too, click service info, then sim lock....... you'll see a screen like the one attached, if there is an x inside the [] then that lock is active. by the way, mine is sim free with unlockable bootloader, purchased from phones4u on vodafone contract..... i have been told by vodafone customer services a couple years that they dont put network locks on there phones anymore

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
you can find the sim lock status in service menu too, click service info, then sim lock....... you'll see a screen like the one attached, if there is an x inside the [] then that lock is active. by the way, mine is sim free with unlockable bootloader, purchased from phones4u on vodafone contract..... i have been told by vodafone customer services a couple years that they dont put network locks on there phones anymore

oooops helps if i attach pic lol

mushtafa

Aug 19, 2011
West Sussex, UK
Yep, sim locked too :(

From my experience with HTC, I would S-Off and super CID it. Is there something similar with Sony?
uploadfromtaptalk1397998660082.jpg

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

rehanraza

Feb 7, 2008
London
yep i got same problem. locked bootloader and sim locked athough you can get it unlocked on ebay or amazon thats not a big deal the problem is bootloader locked. i hope anyone can help me wo get root without unlocking bootloader like Z1

Sathron

Oct 18, 2013
Does unlocking the bootloader this official sony way still erases DRM keys? My Z2 is lock-free, but I don't wanna lose the TA partition, even though I'm dying to root it.