[Q] Removing AT&T boot animation

Search This thread

556AR

Sep 3, 2013
Now that we have root and are able to remove most traces of AT&T crap from this phone this is the only one left for me. Is this possible to remove yet with root access?

allcaps33

Aug 21, 2011
ROM Toolbox Pro does provide this as an option. I cannot say for sure that it will work/brick your phone. There are tutorials you can find on Google to create a qmg file and over write the existing one.

Use caution.

Let me know if you find something usable!

cstayton

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
Now that we have root and are able to remove most traces of AT&T crap from this phone this is the only one left for me. Is this possible to remove yet with root access?

I have a tool that i wrote that will do exactly this and also enable any standard bootanimation check out this thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53494610&postcount=1 remember it is beta and is being updated also make sure you download the patch file from the attachments its needed to make the bootanimation tweak work

sutehk

Sep 26, 2011
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I renamed the boot animation file by adding a ".bak" at the end of it. That took care of the boot animation, however, the sound remained. I disabled the boot sound with Wanam if I remember correctly. No problems so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

556AR

Sep 3, 2013
I renamed the boot animation file by adding a ".bak" at the end of it. That took care of the boot animation, however, the sound remained. I disabled the boot sound with Wanam if I remember correctly. No problems so far.

Where's the animation file at?

sutehk

Sep 26, 2011
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
/system/bin

The boot sound can be disabled in Wanam under the sound heading. Just double checked to be sure.

Last edited: