Xposed Framework S5[SM-G900A Specific] (Working Modules)

Search This thread

allcaps33

Aug 21, 2011
It did both for me. Though I had to uninstall Xposed first. Then change the build prop. Then reinstall.

allcaps33

Aug 21, 2011
Lol... I did. These "warnings" are what you see every time you restart or turn on your phone, and every time you unplug the cable.

These are popup to remind you to close the USB Cover or to ensure you have the back casing on properly.

bgmg

Jan 11, 2014
I tried everything in post 11 and the "ro.storagesecure.support=false". Tether still does not work for gs4 L720T triband sprint. I still receive message that I'm not subscribed. I have not yet tried removing xposed then modifying build.prop then reinstalling xposed. Do think that will help my issue"

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

bgmg

Jan 11, 2014
It did both for me. Though I had to uninstall Xposed first. Then change the build prop. Then reinstall.

Did I have to uninstall the entire xposed framework and all the modules or just the xtether module or just the wanam module before modifying build.prop?

allcaps33

Aug 21, 2011
I deactivated all modules. Then opened the Xposed Framework app. Then went to Framework, then tapped "Uninstall. "

Reboot. Edit build.prop, reboot.

Reinstall Framework; reboot. Reactivate modules; reboot.

Go to Wanam Xposed > System > "Disable Tether Provisioning" checked

Then fire up your favorite task manager. Locate "AT&T Hotspots" and clear cache AND data; reboot.

If this does not work, use Titanium Backup or Rom Toolbox and freeze/advanced freeze the "Tethering.apk"

Reactions: PokeFan919

bgmg

Jan 11, 2014
I deactivated all modules. Then opened the Xposed Framework app. Then went to Framework, then tapped "Uninstall. "

Then fire up your favorite task manager. Locate "AT&T Hotspots" and clear cache AND data; reboot.

If this does not work, use Titanium Backup or Rom Toolbox and freeze/advanced freeze the "Tethering.apk"

Thanks. Btw I'm on sprint.

allcaps33

Aug 21, 2011
Aha! While there are similarities across the ROMs; this method may not be the best/correct method for your version.

Really, I can only help with the AT&T variant.

I do hope was- at least, of some assistance.

bgmg

Jan 11, 2014
Aha! While there are similarities across the ROMs; this method may not be the best/correct method for your version.

Really, I can only help with the AT&T variant.

I do hope was- at least, of some assistance.

No luck so far but you are generating ideas. Thanks.

ds4213

May 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

hi
i try to do what you said.
but when i modified the prop. i cannot reboot my phone. ?it get stuck
any idea?

allcaps33

Aug 21, 2011
@ds4213

Please be certain you are following the correct thread. Is your phone AT&T branded (SM-G900A)?

If not you need to go to the corresponding forum/thread. I realize there are many similarities amongst the G900 variants, but the instructions I provide- as well as the help I can give, are limited to the AT&T (SM-G900A) variant only.

Having said that, try the AT&T SM-900A Soft Unbrick thread

skyrocketeer

Feb 13, 2012
Google Pixel 8
Have any of you guys gotten media control with volume keys (when screen off) to work?
Under Wanam , the setting is there but it doesn't work.

I have tried Xposed Additions to try to map Next Media and Previous Media to Volume Up longpress and Volume Down long press respectively. No luck so far. Any suggestions?

allcaps33

Aug 21, 2011
Haven't stumbled across this one yet. I kinda drifted from Xposed once SafeStrap was launched.

Currently B@11$ deep in building a ROM, of which won't play well with Xposed anyway.

However, I will look into this ASAP.

Krunk83

Jul 31, 2012
Doesn't your phone have WiFi sharing built in? Mine does therefore I am confused.

GS5 Towel Rooted

allcaps33

Aug 21, 2011
Wifi Sharing? We were discussing wifi tether. Passing files via the wlan is different from routing a 4G/3G/HSPA signal via wifi...

If you're referring to the wifi tether, then yes, we too have it built in. It's just that it is disabled if not paid for, or if the system is rooted.

This is a work around for that scenario.

Reactions: neadams99

markbnj

YES YES YES.
After downgrading to 4.4.2 from 4.4.4 (stock A&T) , then installing the extreme-debloated rom, and then following all the info above this FINALLY works!
KUDOS.
btw, stupid question: why can't this be in the debloated rom??? (I Know wrong thread for that!)
cheers, and thanks (does happy-dance)

elitezenithweb

Jul 22, 2013
XPosed installer can't install the framework on my ATT S5... says it can't find the needed libvm.so which is needed by de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/app_process

elitezenithweb

Jul 22, 2013
The xposed framework doesn't seem to work

Attachments

• 1448724353463.jpg
    1448724353463.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 1448724364165.jpg
    1448724364165.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 149

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to Remove Battery and USB Cover warnings

There has been some complaint about these warnings, so here goes:

1a) Download Xposed
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

1b) Install it.

1c) Open it up, tap on "Framework," then tap"OK" on the pop up. Then tap "Install/Update"

2) Reboot.

3a) Re Open Xposed, tap "Download, " and search for "G-Touchwiz."

Or go here

http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.gertlily.xposed.touchwiz

3b) Install it. Swipe from left to right and it will show the download options.

3c) Go to the main menu of Xposed, check the box for "G-TouchWiz" then reboot.

4) Find the "G-TouchWiz" app and open it.

5a) Under the "POPUPS" section there is:
    "Disable battery cover popup on/off"
    "Disable USB Cover popup on/off"

5b) Turn them off. (cryptic, huh?)

5c) Reboot.

Finished. You will notice that they did not annoy you... this time.

(Please hit thanks if I have helped!)
    How to Force Native WiFi Tether Galaxy S5 (Root)

Decided to edit this post to make more sense.

Follow the steps below to enable the built in wifi tether feature:

1a) If you haven't already, download the Xposed Framework app.

Xposed Framework Installer

1b) Open the app, tap "Framework," then tap "OK." Now tap "Install/Update."

2) Reboot

3a) Open Xposed, then tap "Downloads," then search for Wanam Xposed and X Tether. Alternatively you can go to:

Wanam Xposed Module (Repo)

X Tether Module (Repo)

3b) Once downloaded and installed, open the Xposed app. Tap "Modules." Now check the box next to each module.

4) Reboot. Again.

5) Open Wanam Xposed and tap "System." Then check "Disable Tether Provisioning."

6) Again, reboot.

Your native wifi should now function.

Please hit Thanks if I have helped!
    This thread is only for the AT&T branded (SM-G900A) device.

If this is not your device, you need to go to the corresponding forum/thread. I realize there are many similarities amongst the G900 variants, but the instructions I provide- as well as the help I can give, are limited to the AT&T (SM-G900A) variant only. Even then the help I can provide is still limited.

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible if you brick, break, or blow up your phone. You assume all and any responsibility for ALL actions you commit to your phone.

1) Xposed Framework
    2) WanamXposed
    3) Gravity Box
    ---I advise caution with this, as some of the features are built into the GS5 rom.
    4) Greenify
    5) X Tether
    6) G-TouchWiz

Will post more later!

Notes :
    *See the second page on how to activate the built-in wifi tether with Wanam Xposed and X Tether.

*See the second page to help reduce performance issues.

@profcx has pointed out that the "Download Booster Mod" is currently incompatible with the X Tether for Xposed.
    Well I Uninstalled everything, rebooted, unrooted, reboot into recovery mode wipe cache, reboot tried to install OTA and after it downloaded during the reboot it said update fail. I tried 3 different times with no success. Also before doing all that I reebabled all apps that I previously disabled.

Did you follow the instructions for downgrade/unbrick fix at

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785185

Please note that the original instructions have been changed. Read through the entire thread and follow the instructions to fix this. Users have reported that they are able to update once again to the G900AUCU2AND3 firmware once complete. For more questions regarding this, please post in that thread.
    Just a heads up guys - the Xposed tethering mod is incompatible with the 'download booster' mod from here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785410

It's one or the other for now.

Later.