Volume+ (Sound Boost) temp anecdote for low speaker volume issue!!

Search This thread

justifi

Oct 4, 2011
NYC
The exact search term is " Volume+ (Sound Boost) " in the android market . You can copy & paste that into the android market search field minus the quotation marks. The free version doesn't have sound boost in it's title and the volume level won't go up high enough. In preferences in the app, you need to be able to select somewhere between 8-10. Too low, nothing and too high doesn't work either.

Very important, when you download the app for the first time, there is quick one time visual tutorial. Do everything exactly what it says to do, if not, won't work. If you can take screen shots of the directions, your better off. After that one time, you would have to un—install and than re—install to see it again. It only comes up right after the initial install.

The only variance is your volume number in the preferences . Test, if it's working, by listening to the preset ring tones in the system settings of the phone.
I was afraid, that I might of had to exchange the phone because the speaker volume was so bad. This app makes a significant difference.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Smartstradamus

May 2, 2007
You can get the full version for free from the developers site which has a link in the Market page of the lite version.
I keep mine set on 10 and it gives me the perfect volume.
It's the way the phone should have come.....
I am surprised samsung or google have not rectified this with the last 2 ota updates.

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
10 makes a difference but isn't there a chance of blowing the speaker by doing this or are we safe?

SequinScandal

Nov 9, 2011
Help!

By any chance do you remember the steps? I just bought the app but accidently pressed the back button on the tutorial part. Is there anyway to go back to it?

eps3

Oct 13, 2007
FYI there is an updated version at developers site 1.8.0.6 that adds ability to view the tutorial on demand.

bophead

Apr 28, 2011
I bought V+ and it helped with some of the settings, but not all. I rooted the phone as well. I might be returning it. It is a big disappointment.

Cleargrey

Mar 30, 2010
London
Has anyone tried this with a bluetooth headset? I tried and am not getting any results. Tried "Headset" and tried "Bluetooth" settings, separately and together.

Wiggz

Aug 1, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
yeah the voice is still like that in 4.0.2 (usa/lte); almost feel guilty about using navigation, sounds like the poor woman is getting tortured; I run it through my car speakers so it's loud of enough

Do you do that natively with a bluetooth head unit. I have a car with bluetooth head unit and when I make a call and I'm using Nav at the same time it plays the Nav through the speakers....otherwise it doesn't.

Wondering if I can do likewise so any information would be greatly received.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can get the full version for free from the developers site which has a link in the Market page of the lite version.
    I keep mine set on 10 and it gives me the perfect volume.
    It's the way the phone should have come.....
    I am surprised samsung or google have not rectified this with the last 2 ota updates.
    The exact search term is " Volume+ (Sound Boost) " in the android market . You can copy & paste that into the android market search field minus the quotation marks. The free version doesn't have sound boost in it's title and the volume level won't go up high enough. In preferences in the app, you need to be able to select somewhere between 8-10. Too low, nothing and too high doesn't work either.

Very important, when you download the app for the first time, there is quick one time visual tutorial. Do everything exactly what it says to do, if not, won't work. If you can take screen shots of the directions, your better off. After that one time, you would have to un—install and than re—install to see it again. It only comes up right after the initial install.

The only variance is your volume number in the preferences . Test, if it's working, by listening to the preset ring tones in the system settings of the phone.
    I was afraid, that I might of had to exchange the phone because the speaker volume was so bad. This app makes a significant difference.