Juice Defender

Search This thread

MrMiami81

Jun 6, 2012
South Florida
I got betterbatterystats today and it says that juice defender is killing my battery.. Anyone else experience this??
Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

B

basenode

I got betterbatterystats today and it says that juice defender is killing my battery.. Anyone else experience this??

I was having the same problem. Mabye disabling LTE and renableing it forcing it to look for signal constantly is part of the problem. All I know for sure is it was causing huge problems with my battery life.

elsupermang

Dec 14, 2010
I think the general consensus is that most battery saver apps don't really help as they are constantly trying to kill and disable stuff while your OS may try to re-enable them. I would get an app like Tasker instead and setup tasks to enable/disable your radio at certain times instead.

Reactions: MrMiami81

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
I think the general consensus is that most battery saver apps don't really help as they are constantly trying to kill and disable stuff while your OS may try to re-enable them. I would get an app like Tasker instead and setup tasks to enable/disable your radio at certain times instead.

But you can do that with Juice Defender, and really, that's all it does unless you enable app controls.

I've been using JD on my HOX for over a month, and it makes a noticeable difference.

I do have the Ultimate version. I have not used the free version so cannot speak to that one.

gypsyshaw

Oct 3, 2011
Brisbane
Agreed, LTE for me isn't the battery killer, I'm on it all day everyday.

I've used in the past JD on other handsets and found them to suck the power.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
On the snapdragon S4 devices lte radio is built on the chip and uses less power than Verizon lte because there's just one radio vs two. Vzw phones have to fall back to evdo and use cdma for calls. So far this means two radios. I don't know if this changes with the S4 based Vzw phones.

Shaddy-Z.

Dec 19, 2010
I found because I unlock my phone every couple minutes, that juice defender toggling all my signal services is what drained the hell out of my phone. Just uninstall it. Turn off mobile data when you don't use it, and WiFi when you can, and your battery life will be golden. I usually get about 3 hours of screen on time. Which isn't bad IMO.

gordopa1

Nov 18, 2010
York
Same thing here...

I ran my HOX without Juice Defender for the first few days that I had it to get a sense for stock battery life. It was great and I was excited to get even more duration from it with JD. After a few days using JD and getting much worse battery life, I removed it and was back to normal.

Note: I live in a non-LTE area.

rwelsh09

Aug 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I ran my HOX without Juice Defender for the first few days that I had it to get a sense for stock battery life. It was great and I was excited to get even more duration from it with JD. After a few days using JD and getting much worse battery life, I removed it and was back to normal.

Note: I live in a non-LTE area.

I agree with this. No one should use Juice Defender!

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
Juice defender just turns off data when the screen is off... Which can be done manually anyways.

Or am I missing something?

Sent from my sexy white HTC One X on T-Mobile ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Battery saver apps=battery killer apps

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app