[APP] User Themeable Messaging +Quick Reply +Group Messaging +Emoji 4.2.2 (3/04/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chris17house

Sep 13, 2008
I deleted the stock Messaging apk.

Running 4.1.1 Intergalactic 2.5 ROM

Installed the inverted apk for AKOP 4.1.1

Texting works fine, but everything crashes when trying to send a picture.

EDIT: Installed the TW Version. Everything is working perfectly.

Last edited:

amiblindyet

Jan 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
I thought that in public.XML there was the layout of the smiley button with all the smileys.. Cause if I change the string into arrays. XML the smiley displayed is the same..
Example.. If I change ": o " to " : @ " it writes " : @ " but into the smiley button there is still " : o "
I feel like you're making a big deal out of something that isn't going to work. You know that different OS's handle smileys differently so your attempts are futile, anyway. That is if I assume your goal correctly.
EDIT: Installed the TW Version. Everything is working perfectly.
You almost got throat punched, buddy.
I am with AT&T using BlackJelly as my ROM
Are you on 4G?

Reactions: Mac1679

ufo900

Apr 5, 2012
Modena
Re: [APP] Inverted Messaging App +QuickEmoji +Quick Reply for AOSP and TouchWiz(2/4/2

I feel like you're making a big deal out of something that isn't going to work. You know that different OS's handle smileys differently so your attempts are futile, anyway. That is if I assume your goal correctly.

I mean this kind of modify.
2y7avy2u.jpg

I draw it because I didn't understand the meaning of your quoted post.. :( sorry about that

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

gotnoypi

Aug 10, 2012
Re: [APP] Inverted Messaging App +QuickEmoji +Quick Reply for AOSP and TouchWiz(2/4/2

I use it on WiFi & 4g lte. I'm in downtown sf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

aceezy

Feb 7, 2013
Done, download here.
Now here's what I did. Decompile the apk and browse to
res\xml\mms_config.xml
Open mms_config.xml and find this line:
Code:
    <bool name="enableSplitSMS">true</bool>
and change it to look like this:
Code:
    <bool name="enableSplitSMS">false</bool>
If this line does not exist, create it. Recompile and push to your phone.

You may have to delete your original Mms.apk from system\app\ before flasddidn't I forgot to add that to the updater script.

Do you still have this one? Link didnt work

Feb 23, 2010
Widget??

Hey guys,
So i uninstalled my Messaging app using TB, and installed TocuhWiz White Blue version using aroma, everything is working fine, But I Don't see the widget to add on the home screen. Checked under settings, widgets, don't see anything about Messaging Widget.
Am i missing something?

amiblindyet

Jan 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
Hey guys,
So i uninstalled my Messaging app using TB, and installed TocuhWiz White Blue version using aroma, everything is working fine, But I Don't see the widget to add on the home screen. Checked under settings, widgets, don't see anything about Messaging Widget.
Am i missing something?
The TouchWiz version might not have a widget. I was more concerned with getting it themed and working and may not have added it. Sorry.

amiblindyet

Jan 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
Everything working great. I'm on Vanilla Root Box 4.2.2 and I was able to send out a group MMS (picture) and got replies with no issues. Quick Reply pop-up work great as well. As an added bonus, this MMS.apk LOOKS awesome. It has a very clean and smooth appearance. Nice work. Thanks!
Glad you like it. So far no issues but be sure to keep me posted.

hasbrobot

May 22, 2010
Re: [APP] Inverted Messaging App +QuickEmoji +Quick Reply for AOSP and TouchWiz 2/28/

Absolute hands down best messaging app I've used in a long time!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

amiblindyet

Jan 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
Absolute hands down best messaging app I've used in a long time!
Thank you for your support and for your help testing!

BETA REQUEST

I do not, and will not, run TouchWiz so I need some beta testers for our TouchWiz version. Knowledgeable, experienced testers only. The next time one of you PMs me and tells me that you couldn't figure out how to flash it so you tried to manually push and now your phone won't make calls I will find you and I will slap you. PM me for the link and instructions.

Last edited:

johnnyutah22

Jul 17, 2011
Tennessee
I'm on Darthstalker Rom. I renamed secmms.apk to .bak. First tried to flash individual TW.BW.zip and got the error6 message. I then downloaded the aroma installer and successfully installed the TW.BW version. It loaded up fine but if I tried to open a thread that had an mms in it the app would just hang and do nothing. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, any ideas?

hasbrobot

May 22, 2010
Re: [APP] Inverted Messaging App +QuickEmoji +Quick Reply for AOSP and TouchWiz 2/28/

I'm on Darthstalker Rom. I renamed secmms.apk to .bak. First tried to flash individual TW.BW.zip and got the error6 message. I then downloaded the aroma installer and successfully installed the TW.BW version. It loaded up fine but if I tried to open a thread that had an mms in it the app would just hang and do nothing. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, any ideas?

I renamed it as well like you did but I simply installed the new apk manually under system/app then rebooted and your good to go

Reactions: johnnyutah22

johnnyutah22

Jul 17, 2011
Tennessee

I renamed it as well like you did but I simply installed the new apk manually under system/app then rebooted and your good to go

I followed your lead and it worked. It was weird because when I clicked to install and went through it, at the end it said NOT INSTALLED but it really was. Anyway thanks for the help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts