Discuss Optimus G Pro???

Search This thread

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
I was wondering where we should be discussing the Optimus G Pro? I was hoping for something on launch day, but alas nothing.

cleankutazn

Dec 29, 2006
Why so slow on this phone?? usually other high end phones have their own forum before the phone even gets released :confused:

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
They say if you bring to AT&T your old phone and buy G Pro with contract they'll sell it for only $100 instead of $200

jkassay

Mar 26, 2005
ClockWorks Mod install

Thanks for the info. OG Pro is a beast!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

After you root you can install the ClockWorks Mod recovery from an apk app from the international version at the following link;
http://optimusforums.com/threads/optimus-g-pro-how-to-get-clockworkmod-cwm-and-make-a-backup.7666/

I installed it and did a backup already

I assume there will be more like "TWRP" for our phone in the near future
Stll waiting for bootloader unlock, uploaded image to Freegee.

sencity915

Apr 8, 2012
Thanks again for the root info. I can confirm it is working for me as well as the Xposed framework. I've been playing around with the dpi settings and I can't believe how sharp everything is even after lowing down the dpi. One thing I don't like about the screen is that I have some light bleeding near the edge of the display. Nothing major but just a little annoying when the screen is showing a black image.

KSoD

Feb 22, 2011
Buffalo
I am considering jumping from the Samsung Galaxy Note to the Optimus G Pro and have been looking for the forums myself. Wanted to read what I could about the device before making the jump. I really want this device. See that Root is already confirmed to be working so that is a start. Don't need much else after that as I can figure it out from there.

jprosek

May 11, 2013
ocoee
Awesome root and a recovery on day 2 that a great start can't wait to see a cm10 for this. ;)

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

ReggieSmith

Mar 25, 2011
Hampton, GA
I remember when the 1st Galaxy Note was released. It was slow to get a dedicated forum too. Hope to get a forum soon along with some love. :)

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted G Pro

I was able to root my AT&T G pro using the same method for the Optimus G. Although I haven't been able to unlock the bootloader through FreeGee yet.
    What? I'm not talking about why rooting is wrong.....

I'm talking about rooting then bricking your device and return it back. LOL. This is user error, not att or lgs fault. You can wait till our device is fully supported with cwm and all that junk before destroying your device so you have a safety net.

They made the device intended for the average consumer which is larger than xda att lgogp users.

Again this is an ethics issue, and it just happens way way too often.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro

Agreed to an extent. I manage an at&t store so when I soft bricked my phone last night, there we no way I was returning it. I stayed up 530 am fixing out which I finally did. It's an ethics issue for me as well.
    On the flip side, if they would unlock these damn phones, people would have legitimate recoveries they could fix their own phones with. Some of this falls on the carrier's and LG's shoulders too.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2
    Enable WiFi tether, ..with SQ editor. ..for those who wish to do so..(same as galaxy note) :thumbup::D:beer:

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
    ClockWorks Mod install

Thanks for the info. OG Pro is a beast!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

After you root you can install the ClockWorks Mod recovery from an apk app from the international version at the following link;
    http://optimusforums.com/threads/optimus-g-pro-how-to-get-clockworkmod-cwm-and-make-a-backup.7666/

I installed it and did a backup already

I assume there will be more like "TWRP" for our phone in the near future
    Stll waiting for bootloader unlock, uploaded image to Freegee.