Unable to Install any Custom Rom

Search This thread

xFed

Jun 21, 2012
Rogers, MN
Hello all,

I am having issues installing any ROM on my HTC One Max. I have unlocked it using HTCdev, installed CWM, SuperUser, but have not bee able to set S-OFF.

However, I have not been able to install any rooms using the tradition way of installing the zip via the recovery or using fastboot. Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.

marra2

Jun 7, 2008
york uk
What I did was rip the boot image from the Rom then install the Rom using clockwork then back into boot loader and flash the boot image using fastboot commands from pc then reboot into your Rom, from this i was able to s off !

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Free mobile app

marra2

Jun 7, 2008
york uk
As was in my case the HTC kernel stops fire water doing it's job so I installed custom Rom first and boom s off !

xFed

Jun 21, 2012
Rogers, MN
What I did was rip the boot image from the Rom then install the Rom using clockwork then back into boot loader and flash the boot image using fastboot commands from pc then reboot into your Rom, from this i was able to s off !

marra2 Thank for the response. If I understood you correctly, I should remove the boot image from the rom zip before I flash and then boot into bootloader and flash the image image. Will this then set s-off? or do I need to do something else?

marra2

Jun 7, 2008
york uk
Kind of, flash Rom flash boot image reboot then use fire water to s off but try fire water before all this as I did but wouldn't work due to HTC kernel.once your s off you can flash away !

mrkrowely

Apr 17, 2014
have you tried flashing twrp recovery?

i have T6spr, haven't been able to get s-off either, but i've been able to flash any compatible rom, and make sure the rom you're trying to flash is compatible with your device. i've noticed that the htc one max has several different build tree's! ><

xFed

Jun 21, 2012
Rogers, MN
have you tried flashing twrp recovery?

i have T6spr, haven't been able to get s-off either, but i've been able to flash any compatible rom, and make sure the rom you're trying to flash is compatible with your device. i've noticed that the htc one max has several different build tree's! ><

No I haven't tried TWRP recovery. I am still on CWM, I will try that and see if that allows me to flash roms even without s-off

statmonkey

Sep 25, 2012
Phuket
Ah...read it differently. Sorry for that.

Just curious if you were using firewater according to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2632385 The reason I ask is that I was unable to get htcdev to unlock my phone (verizon) and rumrunner would not work. I was though able to use method 2 in the thread above to successfully work. I would also suggest that if you haven't read this http://androidrevolutions.com/neo/OneMaxStarter.docx I found it very helpful. I have now used firewater on two different One Max (international and Verizon phones) and feel fairly comfy that it will indeed work. FWIW.

Last edited:

xFed

Jun 21, 2012
Rogers, MN
Just curious if you were using firewater according to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2632385 The reason I ask is that I was unable to get htcdev to unlock my phone (verizon) and rumrunner would not work. I was though able to use method 2 in the thread above to successfully work. I would also suggest that if you haven't read this http://androidrevolutions.com/neo/OneMaxStarter.docx I found it very helpful. I have now used firewater on two different One Max (international and Verizon phones) and feel fairly comfy that it will indeed work. FWIW.

I was able to S-OFF after flashing FlyKernel but still can't flash CM 11 using CRW or TWRP.