V6 Supercharger

Search This thread

dairymasta

Aug 6, 2010
Just ran this script on my CM9'd 8.9.

It's amazing. Scrolling lag is gone, 'sticky' scrolling is gone. I can load up engadget and the whole website is loaded from top to bottom, can scroll up and down it without waiting for anything to load it's so smooth.

Best of all, press the home button and it doesn't keep having to redraw widgets.

Go install V6 Supercharger now people.

Go.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

And download latest update 8.2 from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021

Last edited:
Reactions: knipp21

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE
sweet bro im only on my tab and off my phones wifi..you think you could post the link here and maybe how you installed it? would help allot of upset tab users lol

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda premium

dairymasta

Aug 6, 2010
sweet bro im only on my tab and off my phones wifi..you think you could post the link here and maybe how you installed it? would help allot of upset tab users lol

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda premium

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

There you go mate, make sure you follow the ics only instructions on post #2 as well!

Its very simple, just make sure to install busy box 1.18.2. Any other version won't work.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: knipp21

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
As long as I know you need init.d access. Only a custom rom does that.

dairymasta

Aug 6, 2010
As long as I know you need init.d access. Only a custom rom does that.

What'd you mean? I'm running Cyanogenmod 9 ROM, and the V6 supercharger script has definitely worked.

You do need to edit the services.jar tho but its all explained in the thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

sbeddoesdesign

May 3, 2011
Shame it doesn't work on the stock rom, I love the Samsung stuff and TouchWiz needs speeding up more than anything, I don't wanna lose the social hub though.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

dairymasta

Aug 6, 2010
Shame it doesn't work on the stock rom, I love the Samsung stuff and TouchWiz needs speeding up more than anything, I don't wanna lose the social hub though.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

As nice as the hubs are, I'd use a custom rom over the stock any day of the week. The stock roms just too slow and laggy, makes the hubs useless. I'd rather have a smooth device...yeah it means using crappy apps like plume and friendcaster, but gets the job done...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
Sweet. Someday when I have an extra hour I'll read all the install instructions and give it a go. I've never seen such a long OP for installing a mere script. This looks more complex than unlocking my Wildfire S's bootloader and rooting! :rolleyes:

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
I've installed it and it works. But what option did you choose from 1-9? I chose 9...

Top Liked Posts