[Q] Quandrant Standard Test score problems.

Search This thread

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Alright, before I OCed my phone, and before Chainfire, or AntonX's kernel, I took the test. I think I remember my score being around 2400. If I'm not mistaken, the lower the score the better? Or is it the higher, the better?
Anyways, I'm now OCed at 1.3, running VB Final, Anton's kernel.. and my score is only around 1800. The way the chart shows, the higher the number, the better. How can I get better scores? What is an ideal score for performance?

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
Also, I've notice a sizeable drop in the FPS during the test, from what it used to get to. The test breaks down as such:
Total: 1808
CPU 1366
Mem 1739
I/O 3720
2D 309
3D 1904

I wish I could remember the details of the last test, for comparison.

hechoen

May 7, 2011
Run the test four times in a row. Then let us know what the numbers are. And higher is better

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
Ok, Score:

Total: 1845
CPU: 1389
Mem: 1796
I/O: 3955
2D: 175
3D: 1910

If it helps, some additional information:

After flashing my ROM, my phone would reboot once a day. Always while I was asleep. It wasn't really a bother, but after researching the forum a while, I found a fix: Go into CWM, Fix permission, wipe partition cache, wipe Dalvik chache. This worked. This was before OCing

Like previously stated, I'm on VB Final, with boostershot. I'm using AntonX's 1.1rc2 kernel. I have Chainfire 3D, with all three plugins installed. I'm OCed with SetCPU @ Max 1300 / Min 200

Quick Note, fixed phone unlocking into cam. Stupid me

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
Alright, I've been seeing some crazy high scores, like 2800 and 3400. Are my current ones where they should be? I'm using the app Quadrant Standard.

Are there any tweaks or anything, that could go with my ROM to get my score up? I have Booster Shot already for VB.

QUIETLYloud

Jun 25, 2011
Holyoke
How does your phone feel with your day to day usage? Is it lagging? The reason I ask is because benchmark test are not always accurate, hence why your scores fluctuate so much... If you search benchmarking a Android device you'll understand what I mean.

So you can have really high quadrant scores but your phone can be laggy when you open apps, play games, surf the web, take pictures or anything else you may do with your phone.

Good luck

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
How does your phone feel with your day to day usage? Is it lagging? The reason I ask is because benchmark test are not always accurate, hence why your scores fluctuate so much... If you search benchmarking a Android device you'll understand what I mean.

So you can have really high quadrant scores but your phone can be laggy when you open apps, play games, surf the web, take pictures or anything else you may do with your phone.

Good luck

Yes, I've read the debates and facts in threads regarding the tests. I'm aiming to get slightly better performance. I know people can play intesive games on these devices with literally NO LAGGING, or stuttering. Like GTA 3, or Let's Golf 3. I'm trying to get there. So far, I'm WAY closer than when I started out as just plain rooted. It's playable now, but still stutters and lags more than it should.

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
My governer is Smartassv2.
I don't know what you mean by i/o, but on the governer settings it says:
io is busy 1
powersave bias 0
ignore nice load 0
up threshold 45
sampling rate 32500

There's no scaling option, you just set min and max, which i have at 200/1300

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
My governer says ondemand, even though i have it set to smartassv2. It said smartassv2 before i rebooted earlier.

My governer is Smartassv2.
I don't know what you mean by i/o, but on the governer settings it says:
io is busy 1
powersave bias 0
ignore nice load 0
up threshold 45
sampling rate 32500

There's no scaling option, you just set min and max, which i have at 200/1300

Last edited:

anoymonos

Oct 22, 2011
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
When I was running VB Final with booster I would run a min of 2400. Using ondemand as govener I also use app called sd card speed increase. This is pretty consistent with all roms I run.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

QUIETLYloud

Jun 25, 2011
Holyoke
This is what I got

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336600321449.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336600321449.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Wodensman

anoymonos

Oct 22, 2011
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
This is what I got first is stock no or uv second is on to 1.2ghz Sent cap they won't upload says wrong format anyway first I got 2900 second one 3400 ill try screened again later

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is what I got

Wodensman what hecheon was trying to prove was those numbers are worthless. There use to be a user that had a screenshot of his phone getting something like a 6400.

I don't ever remember saying anything like that. Don't speak for me please. I wasn't trying to prove anything. Just show what I think to be a very respectable quad score. There is no trickier involved in it other than borrowing a few things to enhance the init.d and OC'ing to 1.5 which I don't recommend for long periods of time. I believe benchmarks do matter. They provide a very good way to compare one's changes and see whether they are having a positive or negative effect. By know means are they the only thing to look at but the are a very good source for reference. Glad we got that cleared up.
    LZ is lightning zap by Thomas Raines. As far as cancelling out goes if you flash the zips via CWM the will overwrite what is existing. You need to add them manually to the init.d folder. Like I said before though they are all pretty good with out messing with them at all. Some files are redundant through all tweaks some are not. Just DL them to a computer unzip them and look inside. Like I said it's a lot of trial and error.

eollie

Yeah getting inflection behind the written word is hard. There was no bad inflection there. Thanks for clearing up the reason for your absence. No hard feelings here. Let's just try and stick to helping others even if we may have different views on some things. After all that way the person gets to make up their own mind having all the facts.