[ROM] [2.3.6] Blur Daily Driver Rom + Webtop [45.21.78] [Dec10]

Search This thread

pinguy1982

May 10, 2012
This is based on the official 4.5.2A-51_OLL-17.8 firmware (its the 2.3.6 Bell rom) and will work with both INTL & AT&T users. Most of the Blur apps have been updated in this version with new looks and features. The Camera on this version is really good. Takes much better images then any of the other BlurCamera's I have tried. Also the gallery is a huge improvement over the older ones, looks much better and a lot faster. Plus as this is the Bell firmware it hasn't got all the AT&T menus in the settings.

The only changes I have made is removed the bundled Bell apps plus added a few tweaks that I see as a must as it fixes or addresses issues that people have with the default Atrix software.

If anyone wants to fork this and add extra features please feel free to do so. You do not need to ask me before hand. I am even willing to host the ROM if you have no where to store it. So if you feel you can improve upon the ROM please do.

Changes Made:
  • The ROM is SuperCharged.
  • Its Rooted and has Busybox installed.
  • Fully DeOdexed and zipaligned
  • No changes made to the theme so no more disappearing status bar.
  • 1080p video recording and 5 finger multi touch.
  • Raindrop Fix
  • Beats Audio + XLound
  • Bravia HD Mobile
  • Jug6 Battery FIX + tweaks I have made. Gives the best battery performance of any Blur ROM when set to 1.0 GHz.
  • Improved AGPS
  • Adblocker
  • faux123 026 1.45 GHz kernel with a CPU app to under-clock it for even better battery life.
  • Using the CM7 APN list. AT&T users that are having data problems try this.

Due to this only having a few locales I have added MoreLocale 2 so you can select your language. I'm from the UK and its not one of the locales that is listed in the blur setup. It can be set to English UK, its just a bit of a pain setting up as you need to skip setup, select MoreLocale 2 and put in en GB and then run blur setup. But you only need to do this once. So its not a huge deal. This also goes for anyone else that haven't got their locale listed. Just skip the blur setup and select MoreLocale 2 and select your locale.

Root Uninstall is also added so you can easily remove system apps you don't want. Its also a pretty nice app to manage your normal installed apps.

You install this like you would with any other ROM. Make sure you have a fairly well charged phone before attempting flashing this. Because this also comes with the webtop it does take awhile to install.

*NEW* [Dec 10] Vanilla Download: 423 MB

http://tinyurl.com/vanilla-stock-blur-webtop

MD5: 6e08268f5798123664f9ec4b15d7bfd1

Wish/To-do list:
  • LS HDMI
  • WebTop over HDMI
  • HDMI Mirroring
  • Toggles in notification bar - Can now be added with this zip.
  • Multilingual in blur setup.

attachmentuv.jpg
WkjdG.jpg
wcutP.jpg

tzBNB.jpg
XUSM3.jpg
Q0e6c.jpg

98Xjx.jpg
oM5vw.jpg
WbOwJ.jpg

IF YOU GET A BOOTLOOP PULL THE BATTERY AND REBOOT.

Last edited:

miko85

Jun 26, 2009
wow makes sense im back to nottach right now been on miui and cm9 for so long i forgot how to work factory **** i will reply back after flashing thanks for your work

pinguy1982

May 10, 2012
I had stock 2.3.6 on my bell atrix when I first rooted my phone back in February???

I am from the UK. We haven't seen a 2.3.6 update. We could get 2.3.6 working with a custom kernel but I had problems with random reboots and calls getting cut off. It also had really bad battery life and over heated often. But this version is using the new bell kernel that was only released a few weeks ago here and I haven't had any of them issues since I have been using it.

The bell kernel is the first official kernel that will work for international users on 2.3.6

Last edited:

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
When I was on 2.3.6 my battery life was ****!! lol

Hopefully the kernel in this build is better then the one that came with the bell 2.3.6 update back in feb

decker39

Sep 5, 2010
Staffordshire
I've got a UK Atrix and tried to install this 3 times earlier, just stays on the unlocked screen, i waited 20 mins before i did a battery pull. Come from CM7, and did all of the neccessary wipes first :-(

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

pinguy1982

May 10, 2012
Does it contain polish language?

Yes.

OP..........Might want to change the thread title to reflect this has the 2.3.6 webtop and not the "new webtop", as some people may think it has Webtop 3.0 from the upcoming ICS update.

Who in there right mind would think this comes with Webtop 3.0? Webtop 3.0 is just ICS in tablet mode. This is GB so would never be able to run Webtop 3.0. Also I give the version number of the Webtop in the OP. This is the latest webtop for GB.

Saying this is Webtop 2.3.6 means nothing. The latest Bell firmware that is 2.3.6 is running an older version of webtop. That version comes with Firefox 7.

I've got a UK Atrix and tried to install this 3 times earlier, just stays on the unlocked screen, i waited 20 mins before i did a battery pull. Come from CM7, and did all of the neccessary wipes first :(

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Try wiping dalvik cache or re-downloading. Could be a bad download.

Last edited:

ninjalandpirate

Nov 2, 2008
I think its likely that this is in fact NOT stock 2.3.6 but just a striped down version of the 2.3.6 Nottachtrix rom. i'm pretty sure that stock 236 doesn't have the toggle in the notification area. and in the first post for this rom it says based heavily on Notatchtrix.

I have tried EVERY rom, available for attrix in every flavor flashing multiple time to try to achieve stability and maximium hacability and performance. i think i'm sad to say i'm at the end of my tether as this place were all searching for just doesn't exist.

I regularly return to the only real rom to supply true stability and regular performance. 2.3.4 international ram fix.

On top of this not being a true stock rom. it's not perfect and i wish i could have some of the features of notachtrix but without the reboots and un-reliable behaviour.

I think the sun is most likely setting on our beloved Atrix. this may well not be the case for some US users. I wouldn't even mind being able to get hold of the TRUE stock SBF for my handset which i know just isnt available i have tried two orange sbfs that are in circulation and neither are quite right. 2.1.1 and 1.3 something.

We all need to appreciate that Nottachtrix is pretty much as good as it gets for us and if your after stability then use 234! simple.

i invite the opinion of others who consider me wrong!

spanner3003

Jul 24, 2010
Clacton
Hi installed this rom got unlock screen hang so flashed 2.3.6 kernel works now but me fingerprint reader is not work can anyone help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is based on the official 4.5.2A-51_OLL-17.8 firmware (its the 2.3.6 Bell rom) and will work with both INTL & AT&T users. Most of the Blur apps have been updated in this version with new looks and features. The Camera on this version is really good. Takes much better images then any of the other BlurCamera's I have tried. Also the gallery is a huge improvement over the older ones, looks much better and a lot faster. Plus as this is the Bell firmware it hasn't got all the AT&T menus in the settings.

The only changes I have made is removed the bundled Bell apps plus added a few tweaks that I see as a must as it fixes or addresses issues that people have with the default Atrix software.

If anyone wants to fork this and add extra features please feel free to do so. You do not need to ask me before hand. I am even willing to host the ROM if you have no where to store it. So if you feel you can improve upon the ROM please do.

Changes Made:
    • The ROM is SuperCharged.
    • Its Rooted and has Busybox installed.
    • Fully DeOdexed and zipaligned
    • No changes made to the theme so no more disappearing status bar.
    • 1080p video recording and 5 finger multi touch.
    • Raindrop Fix
    • Beats Audio + XLound
    • Bravia HD Mobile
    • Jug6 Battery FIX + tweaks I have made. Gives the best battery performance of any Blur ROM when set to 1.0 GHz.
    • Improved AGPS
    • Adblocker
    • faux123 026 1.45 GHz kernel with a CPU app to under-clock it for even better battery life.
    • Using the CM7 APN list. AT&T users that are having data problems try this.

Due to this only having a few locales I have added MoreLocale 2 so you can select your language. I'm from the UK and its not one of the locales that is listed in the blur setup. It can be set to English UK, its just a bit of a pain setting up as you need to skip setup, select MoreLocale 2 and put in en GB and then run blur setup. But you only need to do this once. So its not a huge deal. This also goes for anyone else that haven't got their locale listed. Just skip the blur setup and select MoreLocale 2 and select your locale.

Root Uninstall is also added so you can easily remove system apps you don't want. Its also a pretty nice app to manage your normal installed apps.

You install this like you would with any other ROM. Make sure you have a fairly well charged phone before attempting flashing this. Because this also comes with the webtop it does take awhile to install.

*NEW* [Dec 10] Vanilla Download: 423 MB

http://tinyurl.com/vanilla-stock-blur-webtop

MD5: 6e08268f5798123664f9ec4b15d7bfd1

Wish/To-do list:
    • LS HDMI
    • WebTop over HDMI
    • HDMI Mirroring
    • Toggles in notification bar - Can now be added with this zip.
    • Multilingual in blur setup.

attachmentuv.jpg
    WkjdG.jpg
    wcutP.jpg

tzBNB.jpg
    XUSM3.jpg
    Q0e6c.jpg

98Xjx.jpg
    oM5vw.jpg
    WbOwJ.jpg

IF YOU GET A BOOTLOOP PULL THE BATTERY AND REBOOT.
    Ya sure.. That would be gr8..

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Here you are.
    Black mode that i like.
    [FIX] USA AT&T Data Issue

For the folks that are having data problems and are on AT&T in the USA, here is a file that I flashed immediately after flashing the ROM. It populates the ROM with AT&T default APNs, and did the trick for me.

I did not develop this file, but rather downloaded it when I was flashing Alien ROM late last year. Good luck!

If this post was helpful, "Thanks" is appreciated!

I thought I lost it but I do have it in my storage.. I believe it's this one. Waiting to complete the mega upload and will post the link to download after.

Edit: Here's the link from Mega Upload
    https://mega.nz/#!tsowQLBZ!fLTPVJjbgwsMcN7RDmQVOTYW6dyHy_30WLBOPw32UwQ
    I won't be updating this anymore. ICS should be around the corner soon so will be moving over to that.

If someone wants to take over feel free to do so. If you need anywhere to host the ROM I will be happy to store them on my server.