S5 G900L LTE problem in Europe zone

Search This thread

ramsesxv

May 7, 2014
Hi, i have an S5 model G900L but i live in europe and seems it use different band frequency (850 instead of 800?) for LTE.

I'm able to get gms 2G/3G network but not 4G also if i have a 4G LTE enabled plan from my provider.

So i tryed to flash with odin g900f firmware on my g900L it fail for secure check.
I flashed it with mobile from device and SD odin and it worked. but device wont boot and redirect on download skin for odin for boot failure.

I also tryes to flash only modem part of firmware. phone boot but no 4g yet.

I hear the chip support all LTE frequency so it should be a parameter/soft problem.

There is any exploit for enable or costumize LTE frequency of my G900L for my geographic zone (europe)?

My device is rooted and with cwm recovery 6.0.48 working.

craigcrawford1988

May 21, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong, but frequencies are a hardware capability, not software. So the hardware you have is not capable of supporting that frequency.

ramsesxv

May 7, 2014
I'm not sure LTE (modem) chip is integrate into Snapdragon 801 processor. Every model T-F-L-I-A etc have same hardware chip "Gobi" should be MDM9625 model.

Chip is able to work with multi-band so if frequency are not fixed into something like an eprom of gobi for each model i guess it just work with drivers/firmware loaded on device boot.

I found a file in root>dev> __properties__

and found a different modem model
"MSM8974PRO"

with all specs and was a row interesting about gms band

Code:
  ril.skt.network_regist_status      „ÿ              baseband       
G900LKLU1AND2                                                                               gsm.version.baseband                     operator       8  ´  H     numeric   22201

gsm.version.baseband operator 8 match with korean skt operator maybe i should switch it to 5 (european LTE band).

I wish to try replace some file from stock g900F firmware but have few issue to extract system.img.ext4 on wndows.

so i can't test if replacing firmware ans some setting file want let me able to connect on a different LTE band

Last edited:

ramsesxv

May 7, 2014
Hello All,
I have the same phone, SM-G900L and it works properly in France, 2G, 3G and LTE without problem.

hi

i want to ask did you have this warning every time at phone start?

DC45RoM.jpg

and about 2G,3G and LTE are you able to switch data mode from "mobile network" menu?

Mine G900L not show me switch option

can you post a screen of your menu is look like this?

MBMznaD.jpg

atomcrochu

Aug 26, 2009
Chateauneuf les Martigues
Yes, I get the same screen each time I start the phone and like you, i'm not able to find the menu to switch networl option.
I will take the screen captures asap. But for me i can get the LTE without problem.

malek999

May 5, 2014
Do you mean guys that if I bought a galaxy s5 model SM-G900F I can flash it with another model frimeware like SM-G9008V or SM-G900I and the 4g frequencies will will work fine after the flash???

Space182

Jan 22, 2010
Hi all,
I am having the same issue with my G900L (on Baseband G900LKLU1AND2) in the UK - 3G is fine but no 4G (SIM is 4G ready). I am getting the same prompts that ramsesxv posted as screen shots. Ramsesxv have you found a fix? Does anyone else have any ideas please?

bimmerboii

Feb 20, 2010
I just got my s5 g900L. I too had problems with LTE. But I found a fix from another post.

Dial 319712358
Code 0821

Click on Data Setting, pref and click auto.

That should fix your LTE problem

Sent from my SM-G900L using Tapatalk

Chuffbabt

Sep 2, 2014
More SM-G900L Info Please

I just got my s5 g900L. I too had problems with LTE. But I found a fix from another post.

Dial 319712358
Code 0821

Hi Bimmerboii,

I also have an unlocked SM-G900L which I picked up in Hong Kong and use on the 3-mobile network in the UK. I have changed the Data Setting to Auto and will wait to see if it can pick up a 4G network when I am next in London.

Could you help with some of the additional settings please? The Phone is LG-Uplus branded and is set by them to always be in roaming mode when I am in the UK. If possible I would like to make the UK my home network. Under Data Setting there is a submenu called Roaming Realm. Entering this opens a dialogue box with Cancel and OK buttons. Would you know what to enter here to set the United Kingdom as my home country?

Many thanks,
Chuffbabt

live_0978

Feb 6, 2009
Bingley
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I'm confused by your query, I've just bought this phone from an eBay seller (wish I'd researched beforehand, but hey oh) and will also be using it on the Three-UK network when it arrives. I'm convinced it should work on 4G though since I believe Three UK is using the 1800mhz (correct me if I'm wrong) band for 4G which this phone definitely supports. Other than that, have you had any other signal issues in general?

2G GSM

B10 (E-GSM 900MHz), B13 (DCS 1800MHz), B14 (PCS 1900MHz)

3G UMTS

B1 (IMT 2100MHz), B2 (PCS 1900MHz), B5 (US 850MHz Cellular)

4G LTE

B1 (2100), B3 (1800), B5 (850), B7 (2600)

Three UK
2100*MHzUMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+
3G 800*MHz LTE*
4G 1800*MHz LTE

Hi Bimmerboii,

I also have an unlocked SM-G900L which I picked up in Hong Kong and use on the 3-mobile network in the UK. I have changed the Data Setting to Auto and will wait to see if it can pick up a 4G network when I am next in London.

Could you help with some of the additional settings please? The Phone is LG-Uplus branded and is set by them to always be in roaming mode when I am in the UK. If possible I would like to make the UK my home network. Under Data Setting there is a submenu called Roaming Realm. Entering this opens a dialogue box with Cancel and OK buttons. Would you know what to enter here to set the United Kingdom as my home country?

Many thanks,
Chuffbabt

Last edited:

Chuffbabt

Sep 2, 2014
No 4G in UK

I'm confused by your query, I've just bought this phone from an eBay seller (wish I'd researched beforehand, but hey oh) and will also be using it on the Three-UK network when it arrives. I'm convinced it should work on 4G though since I believe Three UK is using the 1800mhz (correct me if I'm wrong) band for 4G which this phone definitely supports. Other than that, have you had any other signal issues in general?

2G GSM

B10 (E-GSM 900MHz), B13 (DCS 1800MHz), B14 (PCS 1900MHz)

3G UMTS

B1 (IMT 2100MHz), B2 (PCS 1900MHz), B5 (US 850MHz Cellular)

4G LTE

B1 (2100), B3 (1800), B5 (850), B7 (2600)

Three UK
2100*MHzUMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+
3G 800*MHz LTE*
4G 1800*MHz LTE

Hi,

Overall I am really pleased with the phone, and the reception has generally been excellent but I have never managed to get it working on 4G. I can't say I have spent a lot of time trying, because there is no 4G signal where I live anyway.

It may well be hardware compatible, but the connection settings imposed by the Korean issuer will not allow 4G in any country it sees as roaming (ie not Korea). It works fine with Three in the UK and I have used it extensively abroad on Three's Feel at Home contract without any problems.

If you do come across any sort of firmware update that allows 4G in the UK, it would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks,
Chuffbaby

ShawnWebster

Aug 7, 2018
How did you root it?

Hi, i have an S5 model G900L but i live in europe and seems it use different band frequency (850 instead of 800?) for LTE.

I'm able to get gms 2G/3G network but not 4G also if i have a 4G LTE enabled plan from my provider.

So i tryed to flash with odin g900f firmware on my g900L it fail for secure check.
I flashed it with mobile from device and SD odin and it worked. but device wont boot and redirect on download skin for odin for boot failure.

I also tryes to flash only modem part of firmware. phone boot but no 4g yet.

I hear the chip support all LTE frequency so it should be a parameter/soft problem.

There is any exploit for enable or costumize LTE frequency of my G900L for my geographic zone (europe)?

My device is rooted and with cwm recovery 6.0.48 working.

Hey how did you manage to root your phone as I keep getting failed in odin when I try to do this. please help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Dial 319712358
    Code 0821