[Q] 32GB Tab S 8.4?

Search This thread

GregMedic

Jul 5, 2014
Hello all. I am brand new to XDA and the Tab S (and really tablets in general). I have read in anandtech and many other sites that the Tab S (8.4 and 10.5) will come in both 16 and 32gb versions. At present I can only find the 8.4 in 16gb and I saw only one 32gb variant available for the 10.5 on BestBuy.

My question is: does anyone know if the 8.4 Tab S will be available in 32gb? Also, will a 32gb variant be substantially better than the 16gb version available right now?

Thanks for your help.

will6316

Mar 11, 2008
Hello all. I am brand new to XDA and the Tab S (and really tablets in general). I have read in anandtech and many other sites that the Tab S (8.4 and 10.5) will come in both 16 and 32gb versions. At present I can only find the 8.4 in 16gb and I saw only one 32gb variant available for the 10.5 on BestBuy.

My question is: does anyone know if the 8.4 Tab S will be available in 32gb? Also, will a 32gb variant be substantially better than the 16gb version available right now?

Thanks for your help.

Probably not. They haven't even released the 32gb variant for the tabpro 8.4 or galaxy s5

Reactions: GregMedic

murmur70

Jul 12, 2010
Bedford, IN
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a 32gb iteration. Just get a big SD card and put all of your media on that.

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

GregMedic

Jul 5, 2014
Thanks guys for your responses. On some posts in cyberspace I saw that users were concerned that the OS takes up a great deal of the 16gb and that, as a result, there would be inadequate space for apps. I dont have a clue if this is true and that prompted me to ask about the 32gb version. Have you had this "bad" experience of not having enough memory for apps? My understanding is that when you put a microSD card in the tablet, that the OS wont use it for apps. Im not sure if that is true or just rumor.

Again thanks for your help in sorting this out. Much appreciated.

Who? Me?

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Samsung Australia has the 32gb version up for pre-order on their website. They say it'll ship on July 14th.

The part numbers are SM-T700NTSEXSA for bronze and SM-T700NZWEXSA for white.

Why Australia but (apparently) nowhere else? I don't get it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for your help.

Probably not. They haven't even released the 32gb variant for the tabpro 8.4 or galaxy s5
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a 32gb iteration. Just get a big SD card and put all of your media on that.

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Free mobile app
    Samsung Australia has the 32gb version up for pre-order on their website. They say it'll ship on July 14th.

The part numbers are SM-T700NTSEXSA for bronze and SM-T700NZWEXSA for white.

Why Australia but (apparently) nowhere else? I don't get it.