Firmware Update - Legend HTC WWE 2.03.405.3

Search This thread

miguelsantos1979

Mar 6, 2010
Hi,
I've just updated my Legend to the 2.03.403 version. So far i noticed that there's a new version of the quickoffice, improved performance and battery. Most Important multi-touch (pinch zoom)for Google maps!Has anybody figured out any new / additional feature beside what i mentioned ?

Last edited:

ali ba

Retired Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
Vienna
derhofbauer.at
No, I was not talking about "How can I do this" but about the implications of that update.

There is no root-version of it for now, or is there?

miguelsantos1979

Mar 6, 2010
The version is unrooted. Nothing will be rooted. You're using an original version with no changes... should be totally fine.

mercuryzzz

Jun 24, 2008
this new firmare is out from today? WHere can I read my firmware version to check what version I have?

creatif

Feb 18, 2010
Brussels
Will this firmware update become avaliable OTA from HTC? If not, how do I install it on my phone?

No OTA for now, you have to flash this like a normal rom, but you might need a Goldcard.

So:

Create Goldcard (It's somewhere on this forum)
Put the Goldcard in your phone
Turn on the phone
Connect your phone to your pc
Run the RUU from your pc and follow the steps

It should flash the new rom, but remember that you'll loose root!
If you haven't rooted, there is no problem :)

aisforandy

May 23, 2010
One change I've noticed is that I can now use the map background from Terra Time - it would not work before.

Now that I have installed this update does it mean that I can no longer root my phone?

aisforandy

May 23, 2010
Another change - I can now open up the full youtube site when tethered instead of getting palmed off to the mobile site.

mortai

Jul 30, 2009

just updated on ger unbranded legend with win7 pro 64 bit without any problem... now testing ;-) ...

nickporwal

May 6, 2010
Is this ROM have English lang available on it? I bought my legend from india (1.32).
Will i be able to get OTA updates from HTC after flashing this ROM? I guess i ll also lose my warranty?
Please tell me as i want to flash this ROM desparately.