KitKat Update after update

Search This thread

hagensieker

Oct 7, 2013
I recently downloaded the kitkat update linked from there and did a fast boot install. This morning I checked my Nexus 7 and it said I had a system update to 4.4 available to download and install.

I was under the impression these were exactly the same update. Why would it upgrade my upgrade?

Also the installation I have has glitch kernel installed. I thought everything had to be stock to get the update?

And by the way I know people are tracking who is getting the OTA update and where. I live in Iwakuni Japan .

John

Last edited:

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
I recently downloaded the kitkat update linked from there and did a fast boot install. This morning I checked my Nexus 7 and it said I had a system update to 4.4 available to download and install.

I was under the impression these were exactly the same update. Why would it upgrade my upgrade?

Also the installation I have has glitch kernel installed. I thought everything had to be root to get the update?

And by the way I know people are tracking who is getting the OTA update and where. I live in Iwakuni Japan .

John

KitKat KRT16O was the first release. KitKat KRT16S is the update.

You probably installed KRT16O and got the KRT16S via OTA update.