[Q] Link2SD not working at all after CM11 upgrade.

Search This thread

acdroid

Jun 8, 2014
Hyderabad
Hello peeps! :cool:
This is my first post! But it aint any tutorial, rather just a problem I am facing. Since, ya'll know, galaxy pop has a very little internal memory, hence, too many apps cannot be installed. However, this problem was overcome by apps such as the one mentioned in the question. But now the problem I face is, after I upgraded to CM11 (jenkins) this method no longer works. From un-installing system apps to moving them. Either there is so "no media available error" or "no sufficient permissions error" (even though SU allows L2SD) :crying:
So, is there something I am missing out? Is there something I need to do? I am ready to wipe data any number of times, but just don't want to downgrade.
PS. I tried the ADB method. :laugh: It was decent, but problem? System apps can't be moved, or atleast the option wasn't enabled in my phone. :rolleyes:
PPS. I really love this ROM, so please, any suggestions except downgrading would be appreciated. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: Galaxy_Rohit

ast00

Apr 29, 2012
You should uninstall link2sd and flash cronmod INT2EXT. It's a script that mounts your sd-ext partition as data, so that you get more storage.
For this need a class 10 sd card or faster and you have to create an sd-ext partition on it. There are many tutorials on how to do that, just Google it.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Gais3999

acdroid

Jun 8, 2014
Hyderabad
Thank you very much!

You should uninstall link2sd and flash cronmod INT2EXT. It's a script that mounts your sd-ext partition as data, so that you get more storage.
For this need a class 10 sd card or faster and you have to create an sd-ext partition on it. There are many tutorials on how to do that, just Google it.

Well, thank you for that suggestion. Well, since i already created a mount script with link2SD, is it alright if i just unsinstall it? :eek:

ast00

Apr 29, 2012
Well, thank you for that suggestion. Well, since i already created a mount script with link2SD, is it alright if i just unsinstall it? :eek:

Be sure to check if it removes the script or not. In theory it does, but checking doesn't hurt.

acdroid

Jun 8, 2014
Hyderabad
No Success.

hey, I just wanted to inform that I tried to use Cronmod's INT2EXT, but it didn't do the trick for me. :crying: I was wondering, every time I use ES file explorer, I see a "sd-ext" folder. Will moving apps there do the trick? :rolleyes:
I know this may be a stupid question, but I am just curious. ;)

robzware

Aug 16, 2012
This is my first post! But it aint any tutorial, rather just a problem I am facing. Since, ya'll know, galaxy pop has a very little internal memory, hence, too many apps cannot be installed. However, this problem was overcome by apps such as the one mentioned in the question. But now the problem I face is, after I upgraded to CM11 (jenkins) this method no longer works. From un-installing system apps to moving them. Either there is so "no media available error" or "no sufficient permissions error" (even though SU allows L2SD) :crying:
So, is there something I am missing out? Is there something I need to do? I am ready to wipe data any number of times, but just don't want to downgrade.
PS. I tried the ADB method. :laugh: It was decent, but problem? System apps can't be moved, or atleast the option wasn't enabled in my phone. :rolleyes:
PPS. I really love this ROM, so please, any suggestions except downgrading would be appreciated. :fingers-crossed:

I use older version of Link2SD (Link2SD 3.1.5) and never update the L2SD
I can still use it until now...

acdroid

Jun 8, 2014
Hyderabad
It worked?

I use older version of Link2SD (Link2SD 3.1.5) and never update the L2SD
I can still use it until now...

I used the SDFix app, then used the L2SD and it worked, hell even other scripts which refused to work before, now works. :laugh: :D
but, sometimes apps stops working, random reboots, random cache clearances blah blah! :v :crying: :(
I will try what you just suggested! :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.