[HOWTO] Nookie Froyo for EMMC ***Very fast!***

Did this work for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Novarider

Jul 20, 2010
Now that I have this up and running I have two questions.

1. How can I get my computer to recognize the internal media of the NC? When I hook up my NC to windows it just shows the sd card not the internal media.

2. Can I just flash things to this like normal? What I mean is can I flash the over clock kernel then if I don't like it flash back to stock with no problems? If so what needs to be wiped Just cache?

spyz88

Oct 28, 2008
Does anyone have working links to the NookieFroyo.zip? The links in the OP are dead. Can someone upload them to dropbox or mediafire?

Thanks

Novarider

Jul 20, 2010

JesterDev

Jan 15, 2011
FIXED.

Worked for me, however, I am having market issues "Install unseccessful". Tried putting in the SD card, and still no help.

I managed to adb install several apps, however, seems to me that these apps to not have write access. SetCPU crashes whenever I try and make changes, and Tapatalk crashes whenever I add a forum to my favorites. The only app manager that works is Rootexplorer. Reinstalling these apps does not seem to make a difference.

Edit: Just noticed this. When I insert the SD card, it says "Removed SD Card", when I put it in "SD safe to remove" - Have to reformat SD card again? Formatted as Fat32, already.

EDIT AGAIN!: Managed to fix my own problem. NC kept telling me that the card was damaged, and every time I tried to format via the NC it would fail stating the the card was damaged - Which it very well may be. However I loaded it up in windows, created a new folder "New Folder", inserted it back into my NC, and all was right with the world. Market now works again, after canceling the previous downloads, it all seems to work. Just have to reinstall the apps again so they get proper permissions.

Last edited:

EpicFail236

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2008
San Francisco
FIXED.

Worked for me, however, I am having market issues "Install unseccessful". Tried putting in the SD card, and still no help.

I managed to adb install several apps, however, seems to me that these apps to not have write access. SetCPU crashes whenever I try and make changes, and Tapatalk crashes whenever I add a forum to my favorites. The only app manager that works is Rootexplorer. Reinstalling these apps does not seem to make a difference.

Edit: Just noticed this. When I insert the SD card, it says "Removed SD Card", when I put it in "SD safe to remove" - Have to reformat SD card again? Formatted as Fat32, already.

EDIT AGAIN!: Managed to fix my own problem. NC kept telling me that the card was damaged, and every time I tried to format via the NC it would fail stating the the card was damaged - Which it very well may be. However I loaded it up in windows, created a new folder "New Folder", inserted it back into my NC, and all was right with the world. Market now works again, after canceling the previous downloads, it all seems to work. Just have to reinstall the apps again so they get proper permissions.

Be careful with that SD card and make sure the boot flag was removed from it. I had a similar issue with a formatted SD card, and when I reformatted it, it didn't have the boot flag removed, the Nook tried to boot from the card and caused me no end of trouble, and ended up in a reflash and two hours of my wife putting up with my complaints.

Novarider

Jul 20, 2010
Can someone please tell me how to mount the internal media so that my computer can see it? I would like to be able to access that 5gb of storage so I can put some movies on it

modembug

Feb 9, 2009
Novarider, I got your message. I am replying public so everyone can see it. I see that Sam has his reasons and has decided to leave XDA unfortunately as my work was based on what he had going. I am looking forward to moving forward with his progress and getting the custom rom movement kicked off so we can enjoy the custom roms that we do on our Android Phones. I should have time here soon to take apart the img file that he uploaded before he left.

Cheers!

Reactions: jasoraso

urbanengine1

Dec 12, 2010
Hobart, Tasmania
Novarider, I got your message. I am replying public so everyone can see it. I see that Sam has his reasons and has decided to leave XDA unfortunately as my work was based on what he had going. I am looking forward to moving forward with his progress and getting the custom rom movement kicked off so we can enjoy the custom roms that we do on our Android Phones. I should have time here soon to take apart the img file that he uploaded before he left.

Cheers!

Awesome :D

Thanks for continuing your work :D

(Anybody else think its a good time to get a case of beer!?!)

theadlee

Mar 18, 2006
MP3's and Youtube not working

I have the weirdest problem mp3's will not play and when trying a youtube video is says, "Sorry, this video cannot be played"

Seems like some kind of codec issue. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a set of images to get you Froyo on EMMC. Just DD the following images to their respective locations.

dd if=boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 ***in nooter***
    dd if=system.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p5 ***in nooter***

dd if=boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 ***in recovery***
    dd if=system.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 ***in recovery***

I recommend using nooter .02 with ssh as this has been verified to work correctly.
    If you end up with a bootloop try wiping /data with "rm -r *", if this does not work restore back to stock prior to dd'ing these images.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19431354/NookieFroyo.zip

http://serversave.us/android/boot.rar
    http://serversave.us/android/data.rar ***not needed for functionality, if you get boot loops you might try and dd this image to your data partition...***
    http://serversave.us/android/system.img.tar.gz

If you need to recover check out these threads to get you back to stock:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=914690
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=919353
    *** Post complete now ***

Here are some detailed directions for those that need it. I did this on a Mac, but that shouldnt matter.

- STEP ONE: -

Make a Nooter 0.2 card: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=857529

Turn off Nook, insert Nooter card, turn on (your screen will probably be black as if nothing is turned on)

open up a terminal and type "ssh root@192.168.2.2"

remove your sdcard from the nook color (leave your nook on), format it fat32 and copy over boot.img/system.img from first post and unzipped froyoMe attachment at bottom of post

insert sdcard back into nook

- STEP TWO: Now you can do the script I made or jump to "DO IT YOURSELF" -

type "mkdir /sdcard"

"mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard" (see *1 below if this doesnt work)

"/sdcard/froyoMe"

Wait for it to finish.

- DO IT YOURSELF -

type "mkdir /sdcard"

"mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard" (see *1 below if this doesnt work)

"mkdir /tmpfolder"

"mount /dev/mmcblk1p6 /tmpfolder" (mounting data partition)

"cd /tmpfolder"

"rm -rf *" (clearing data partition)

"dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/mmcblk1p1"

"dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/mmcblk1p5"

After this you are done!

---------

** If you cant tell whether your nook is on or off, use this cheat. open up a terminal or command prompt and constantly ping your nook at 192.168.2.10... when it shows no response you know its off

*1 - If this doesnt work, your sdcard may be coming up as a different device, therefore, do this:

"cd /dev"

"ls"

Pay attention to which devices are available, the ones starting with mmcblk

Eject your sdcard and do another "ls" command. One of the mmcblk devices should have disappeared. Try inserting it back in and doing "ls" again. Do this a few times back and forth if need be to figure out which device your sdcard is showing up as, then use this for the above steps.
    If I download a DD program for wondows and follow the instructions linked on page 7 would this work on windows?

Yes and you will need a ssh client too

*** I just updated my directions earlier in this thread with a script to help people prevent typos ***

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10874850&postcount=29
    Market Download Unsuccessful fix!

Think I found the issue with the "download unsuccessful" problem!

Apparently, the system requires write access to the "downloads" folder to actually update apps. Of course, this means that you have to have an SD card inserted for the market to update anything. If anyone else is having this problem, try mounting your SD card on your device, then re-run your market installs/updates and see if that works. Let me know if I was just a victim of coincidence however